main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The End of the World: The New Battlestar Galactica- Blood & Chrome

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I've had a thought, a couple of times now that Caprica Six and Ellen might be connected. For a start, they are the only Cylon models with blonde hair. For another thing, they are both VERY manipulative and both are willing to use their sexuality. Adama said in Tigh Me Up, Tigh Me Down, that Ellen had slept with practically every officer in the Fleet while Tigh was on maneuvers. How much do you bet that she was screwing senior Fleet brass to get access to classified Colonial Fleet documents. Another thing to bear in mind is that we are going to see Ellen in Battlestar Galactica: The Plan. We know that The Plan is about two Cylon agents plotting the downfall of the Colonies and we from the miniseries that one of those agents in Caprica Six. Could the other one be Ellen Tigh? [face_thinking]

2. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I'm quite sure that the other is Cavill, not just from the last six months of rumor mill products, but also that it would be kind of weird for Caprica Six to have worked with Ellen, and then somehow forget that she's a cylon...unless they manipulated Ellen like they did Baltar, or at least thought that they were manipulating her when she was actually working on her own...

I'd still bet that the other cylon that they're talking about is Cavill, though.

Just a though: Given how many cylons made it into the Colonial fleet, and even into Sam Ander's resistance on Caprica, they must have had cylon agents swarming absolutely everywhere before the attack. They didn't expect there to be any survivors, so they couldn't have intentionally planted agents on the surviving civilian vessels. The colonies must have had skinjobs dripping out the wazoo by the end.

Last thought: Why only one sleeper agent? If they really needed a sleeper agent program, they might as well have used more than a single Eight. And it doesn't look like there was any real practical value to using a sleeper as opposed to an aware agent, like Gina and Doral and the Cavills, so why even bother?

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Holy frak, this is an intense episode.

4. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Oh man, now that was intense to watch.

Few words can't sum it up for me at the moment but in the end I can't say I was sorry at the outcome. This is where you could see it fast becoming a dictatorship, mainly from Zarek. Cold blooded murder. Wow. Adama and Roslin may not have always been forthcoming but at least there was sum sort of order. Even in the end both Gaeta and Zarek knew they were wrong. People with clean conciseness don't freeze under pressure or resort to murder. They don't need a kangaroo court(those accusations were just absurd). That's why Adama always been able to make the tough decisions.
    In the end, I personally, feel a little sorry for Gaeta ? Zarek certainly put an end to any good he might have been trying to do. But that's what happens when you pair-up with the devil.

I wondered what the chief was up too and it all worked out. Was it just me or did anyone dig seeing some of the engines at work?:p And what was the marks he found?[face_thinking]
    What about Sam?

I'll just add that I sure wouldn't want to get on the bad side of Roslin:eek:

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I didn't feel the least bit sorry for either of them.

That was to say the least in the top three most intense shows of the series.

6. ImpKnight

ImpKnight Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2008
    Sam is recovering and HE REMEMBERS EVERYTHING!!!

7. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    Another awesome episode, preview for next week, looked awesome again, Ellen is back in some new resurrection facility, WOW.
    Now we know she is the final cylon.

8. Radical_Edward

May 2, 2002
    Haven't we known for the past three weeks?

9. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah. Props to Tyrol. He must have Galactica's schematics committed to memory in order to be able to do that.

Yeah. It will interesting find out just what he remembers.[face_thinking]

10. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I wonder if Zarek or Gaeta will be back at all in Cylon capacity?

11. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    How? They were put up in front of a firing squad.

12. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Hm, new intro?

13. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    Wow, we got a lot of info on this one. I don't know how I feel about having the Cylon revenge come down to John's or Cavil's personal vendetta against Ellen, although he speach against the limits of the human body was, interesting.

I do think the Beings of Light will have something to do with Starbuck, there really isn't any other explanation.

I'm a little confused on the 5, the humans created Cylons on Kobal, which then moved to Earth, and who killed the Cylons there? The 5 then left, and then arrived at the 12 colonies and called off the first war, then made the human Cylons. How does that one hybrid that had the old school toasters come into play?

14. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    I suppose many will be turned off by this episode and its "tell, not show" mentality, but I was fascinated for forty minutes and can't really ask for much more. It would have been nice with a couple Final 5 related flashbacks though...

15. Radical_Edward

May 2, 2002
    It seems like they could have made this episode almost exclusively Ellen/Cavil (are we supposed to call him John now?) and fit all of Ander's explanations into scenes of Ellen explaining her backstory to Boomer, or pushing it off into the next episode after her reunion with the Four. Right now it seems unnecessary for Anders to have recovered all his memories when they're getting Ellen back next episode.

And John Cavil's vendetta against the humans was (in his own words) revenge for how they treated the centurions, not specifically because of anything Ellen did.

This is really just speculation at this point as I doubt even the producers have come to a decision, but a rumor was bandied about some time ago (supposedly originating inside the production team) that the wrinkly hybrid from Razor was Daniel Graystone, who created the original Cylon Centurions (and is the main character of the upcoming Caprica) and would thereby seemingly be the one who gave the idea to create fleshy Cylons to the old-school toasters, probably to create an body for the brain of his dead daughter, and only getting hybrids for his trouble. I wonder if the Final Five even know about him.

Hmm, this just gave me an idea: Number Seven was named Daniel, which is the same as Graystone's name. Connection there? Surely the writers realized they were recycling the name.

Interesting how they turned Cavil into the real mastermind and villain of the entire story. The original programmer who gave the skinjobs the idea that they shouldn't think about the final five was Cavil. He masterminded almost every decision that the Cylons undertook up until Natalie's rebellion. He probably was single-handedly responsible for "The Plan". Just what was he doing in the Temple of the Five with D'anna and Baltar, though? That whole story makes much less sense now than it did before (which it hardly did then)

He really is a perverse bastard who took pleasure in his hatred of the five, like how he coyly played confessor to Tyrol, and his great line "I know you're not a cylon because I'm one, and I haven't seen you at any of the picnics", and took a front-row seat to watch Ander's months of desperation as an insurgent of old Caprica, then imprisoned Tigh and tortured him in some rather brutal ways (which he seemed to enjoy, both on New Caprica and talking about Ellen's sketch) and then using Ellen for sexual favors.

16. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
  17. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Lot of catchup here, I think. I want to know more about Daniel...

18. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    Ok, well this weeks....not alot happened.

Hopefully the calm before the storm?

19. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    How can you not get a tear in your eye as Adama tells Tigh it's time to send the old Lady out in style?

20. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    The Cylon goop filling Galactica's bones + Sam the hybrid = a new battlestar/basestar hybrid.

Galactica is saved! (hopefully)

21. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    I am glad they didn't abandon Galactica, after all thats what the show is called, 1 last mission for the very last show, perfect.

22. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
  23. Blue_Jedi33

Aug 12, 2003
    What an ending, but what was Starbuck in the end?

Now we will get a short movie called "The Plan", it focuses what the cylons were up to during all shows were we never saw them.

And we get Caprica the movie and series.

24. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Holy christ on a cracker. That was an amazing episode. Just, wow.

25. Luke_Sparkewalker

Oct 23, 2001
    This Starbuck, the one who came back, was an angel or another tool of god.

Obviously i differant kind to head six and bultar, but somthing divine none the less. They've been throwing it at us all season since she came back

She knew it herself in her final line.