main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The End of the World: The New Battlestar Galactica- Blood & Chrome

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediTrilobite, Sep 3, 2004.

1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Of course, they say nothing about it being illegal to download them...

2. DarthArsenal6

DarthArsenal6 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 16, 2001
    Anything on Season 2

3. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Just that they're looking to do one. Which is what I've been thinking that they'd do, because 13 episodes is a standard start to a series. It's enough that they can later cut their losses if it bombs, or it's a good way to start something good. Now, will they continue the 1st season to 22 episodes, or just wait until next year?

4. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Summary for episode 6:

Episode 6: "Litmus"

An especially chaotic evening for the Galactica crew: Aboard Colonial One, Billy is holding his first press conference for President Laura; Sharon and Tyrol sneak away for a secret, romantic tryst in the bowels of the ship; and a large group of civilians and workers are being cleared to re-enter the Galactica after their workdays.

A mysterious man passes through the checkpoint, unnoticed, and continues through the hallways of the Galactica. Colonel Tigh recognizes the man, but it's too late. In a crowded artery of the ship, in front of Tigh and Adama, the man blows himself up, exploding into a fireball. Adama and Tigh recognize the suicide bomber - it's Doral, a known Cylon agent.

Laid up in the hospital ward, Starbuck hears about the suicide bomber from Lee. The aftermath of the attack is significant: 5 dead, 13 injured - 4 critically.

Tigh and Adama appoint Hadrian to lead an independent tribunal into how the Cylon made it through security. It looks like someone left their post allowing someone to get into parts of the ship that are off-limits. They reveal to her the vital information they have been keeping from the public: that Cylons have the ability to look like humans now. Hadrian advises Adama to tell the public the truth about the Cylons. Tigh thinks it will cause people to panic, but it is agreed it is their only choice. President Laura holds a press conference and reveals the truth about Cylons. Everyone is stunned.

On Caprica, the Cylons Number Six, Sharon, and Doral watch from a distance as Helo sets off searching for Sharon. They are plotting something? it's clear that there is real animosity between Number Six and Sharon.

Hadrian begins to interview all of the crewmembers about their whereabouts on the night of the explosion, getting some conflicting stories. She becomes deeply suspicious of Tyrol, who insists that he was just sleeping in his bunk when the explosion occurred. Sharon is called to testify in front of the tribunal. She lies too, insisting that she ended her inappropriate relationship with Tyrol months ago.

The crew people who work under Tyrol, Jammer and Socinus, bicker about whether or not Tyrol could be a Cylon, and if he has any connection to the explosion at all. Socinus is very protective of Tyrol. Hadrian has Tyrol backed into a corner, citing 3 different witnesses who say that he was not asleep at the time of the explosion. Tyrol just keeps pleading his right to silence.

Hadrian brings Socinus in for questioning and he takes the blame for leaving his post. Even though Hadrian knows in her gut that Socinus is lying, there is nothing she can do. Socinus wants to issue a full confession.

In the sick bay, Kara suggests to Baltar that maybe the Cylon bomber was trying to blow up the Cylon detector that Baltar has been working on. Baltar considers this, and briefly considers blowing up the Cylon detector himself. Number Six appears to him and insists that he finish the Cylon detector.

On Caprica, the Cylons Doral and Number Six assault Cylon Sharon as part of their plan - she needs to look beaten up. Helo finds Sharon on Caprica, passed out in a forest clearing - weak and injured.

Adama defends Tyrol to President Laura, saying he trusts him totally. Laura is unsure of what to think. Adama is brought in front of the Tribunal. Hadrian questions him about his decision to not punish Tyrol or Sharon even though he knew they were having an affair. She grills Adama, suggesting that he was helping the Cylons by letting Tyrol and Sharon conduct their illicit affair. Adama grows furious and shuts down the tribunal.

President Laura holds a press conference to announce that Socinus confessed to breaching security and letting the Cylon in by abandoning his post. Tyrol is overcome with guilt. Privately, he confesses to Adama that he actually was with Sharon at the time of the explosion. Adama is furious. Tyrol breaks off this relationship with Sharon.

This one is looking very very good. What the hell is going on on C

5. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Here's a summary for Episode 7:

Episode 7: "Six Degrees of Separation"

Baltar and Number Six argue over his lack of faith in God. Six continues to hound him about religion until Baltar finally says that he can't take it any more. Number Six disappears, and Baltar is awakened from the dream-state by a knock on his door.

It's Dualla, and she has been ordered to bring him to see Adama.

Baltar goes to see Adama, who is meeting Shelley Godfrey, a civilian from another ship - who looks exactly like Number Six. Baltar is dumbfounded and confused. Shelley/Six has told Adama that Baltar is the one who's been responsible for all of the Cylon infiltration and deadly explosions over the last several weeks. Baltar is horrified.

Shelley/Six announces that she can prove that Baltar is the traitor, and turns over a disc, which contains security photos of Baltar committing the crimes. Gaeta tells Adama that it will take ten hours to decode the disc.

Adama is conflicted about his feelings about Baltar's possible guilt, but insists Baltar's security privileges be suspended and work in the lab on the Cylon detector be suspended immediately until this is resolved. Baltar calls President Laura Roslin to plead his innocence. Laura fully believes that Baltar is not guilty. Laura collapses during the call. Billy panics and announces over the radio that she is sick..

Adama confronts Shelley/Six about how she obtained the disc. She subtly attempts to seduce Adama, leaning in for a kiss as she tells him how lonely she is. Adama doesn't bite, though; he's allured by her but suspicious.

Baltar corners Gaeta and attempts to smooth talk him into letting him into the lab. Gaeta won't let him in; that's where they are decoding the photo that will prove Baltar's guilt or innocence. Gaeta exits, as Six/Shelley enters the area. Baltar confronts her; he's truly confused - this can't be the same woman he has been having an affair with.

On Caprica, Cylon Sharon and Helo hide out from Cylons who have been tracking them. Despite herself, she almost reveals her feelings for Helo.

Sharon and other pilots discuss whether or not they think Baltar is guilty, as Kara and Tyrol try to get the Cylon Raider working again. Sharon gives them some advice about getting it running, which prompts suspicious looks. Sharon gets defensive; saying that just because she knows how to run a Raider doesn't mean she is a Cylon herself.

Baltar visits Adama to charge that "Shelley Godfrey" is actually a Cylon agent. Adama is now more conflicted. Baltar's behavior is definitely beyond eccentric, but Adama really wants to believe he's innocent. Baltar leaves in a state of high anxiety.

Gaeta decodes the photo and is shocked by what he sees. Baltar pulls a fire alarm, hoping this will gain him access to the lab. As the alarm signals, Gaeta leaves the lab and Baltar sneaks in and is horrified when he sees the picture of himself holding explosives on the monitor. He tries to delete the disk, but nothing works. Adama enters the lab and sees Baltar trying to erase the evidence that proves his guilt. Baltar asks for a lawyer.

On Cylon-occupied Caprica, hiding out in the woods, Cylon Sharon reveals her feelings for Helo and they make love.

Kara and Tyrol get the Cylon Raider running. The Cylon Raider is, itself, a living thing. Once Kara treats it like a horse and speaks to it, it responds to her commands to fly.

Laura visits Baltar in prison and expresses her disappointment in him. When she has left, Baltar pleads & prays to God above to help him out of his predicament, saying he will dedicate his life to God's service if he is freed from the situation. As he prays, the real Number Six appears. She tells Baltar that all will be well; she and God are with him now. Gaeta then appears to free Baltar. Gaeta says that somehow, the photograph was faked, and the person depicted was not Baltar at all. Also, Shelley Godfrey suddenly vanished without a trace, making Adama and Tigh suspect that she WAS a Cylon spy after all, trying to discredit Baltar for his w

6. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    Man, I've been hearing nothing but good things about this show from everyone who's watching it on Sky One. I'm jealous! I can't wait till it starts up on SciFi here in America, I've been itching for another good Science Fiction show to get into and it sounds like the new BSG is going to have a lot of really cool, intense battle scenes.

7. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    ...it sounds like the new BSG is going to have a lot of really cool, intense battle scenes.

No, the series has been good, but there hasn't been much action. It's still cool, though.

8. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I'm glad that it's not all action. The miniseries only had a handfull of space battles, and more on story. I absolutlely cannot wait to see this as well.

9. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be all action, but I have heard that the visuals are really impressive from the flight/battle scenes that are in the show. One thing I liked about the mini-series a year ago was it really established the humans struggle for survival. Now that it is becoming a full-time show, I think it will probably build off this and become a very character driven show, which would be cool. Can't wait for it to start!

10. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Zoic is the company that does the special effects. They completely kick ass and make probably the best CGI shots that I've ever seen. They also did Firefly and are going to be doing Lost in Space, which makes me interested in that even more.

11. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    The SciFi website has posted up five more teasers, one for Boomer, Adama, Starbuck and Apollo, as well as a cast one. They are basically just the backstory to the characters, with a little new footage, and with the line: The war is over, the fight has just begun.

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/downloads/trailers/

12. Mitth-raw-nuruodo

Mitth-raw-nuruodo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2003
    Very cool teasers. Now, I want a new full trailer.

13. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    I just read that NBC edited the original mini-series from last year from 4 hours down to 3, and is going to re-air it on NBC on January 8th. Sweet. I'm psyched to hear this---it'll give me a little BSG refresher before the mini-series starts up.

14. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    They edited it?!? :eek: Why? There's a lot in there, I really can't see what they'd edit out, unless it's the slower parts from the beginning, the chase in the space station or the funeral.

15. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Just watched ep8. Starbuck has to interrorgate a Cylon. Another good episode. So far I find myself in agreement with the reviewers on AICN that eps 5 & 6 have been the weakest.

16. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Interesting. How are they weak?

17. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I'm not entirely sure why 5 and 6 aren't as gripping as the other episodes. It's certainly not the acting, which is always good.

Part of ep5's problem is that the story has to jump between too many characters; this tended to stop me from getting into the story like I should. Because the episodes are kind of short (probably about 45 mins) they haven't got enought time to stay with one section long enough to realy get into it. Helo and Boomer's story arc on Caprica realy begins to suffer from their short screen-time by this episode; this is where things start getting interesting in their story and they desperately need a full episode centered arround them, not just 5 minutes a week.

Ep6 is just like Star Trek TNG episode "The Drum Head" (I think that's what it's name was), only not as good. Things seem to happen too fast, the situation gets out of hand too quickly, and then everything is resolved in the blink of an eye. I didn't think much of it.

18. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Why bother to edit it? It was fine and I enjoyed the mini-series. I was hoping to watch it again to pick up some things I missed but if they edited it I won't be able to. :(

19. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I would bet they're doing it to give it a very fast pace, or to get it to fit into a movie slot.

20. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    Sure, some hard-core Battlestar fans will be upset they are editing it from 4 hours to 3, but I look at the positive side of it: Airing the mini-series on NBC is going to give BSG HUGE exposure that it didn't have before, and this could really help build the audience for the new show. I know I'm looking forward to seeing it re-aired even in an edited form....perfect way to get myself hyped up before the new series starts!

21. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Very true. I think SciFi is reairing it soon as well, in anticipation for the series.

22. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    New Summary:

Episode 8: "Flesh and Bone"

President Laura Roslin's is in the throes of a nightmare: A human-looking Cylon, Leoben Conroy, saves her from armed Galactica soldiers who are chasing her. Leoben is trying desperately to tell her something important, but no sound is coming out of his mouth. When she wakes, she's told that the Gemenon Traveller ship has found a human-looking Cylon aboard the ship; it's Leoben Conroy. Adama and Tigh want him killed immediately, but Laura insists that they let it live; she wants it interrogated.

Billy holds a press conference to announce that the Cylon was found aboard the other ship. A journalist asks if Cylons have any rights catching Billy off guard. As of right now, they don't.

On the Galactica Sharon and Tyrol have a quiet conversation about their former love affair. Sharon wants to know that if she is able to prove that she is not a Cylon, could they re-ignite their relationship. Tyrol says "maybe."

On Caprica, Cylon Sharon has finished making love to Helo. She dresses and leaves while he sleeps,

Kara interrogates Leoben, who is so humanized that he even sweats. He's smug and arrogant. He reveals that he has placed a nuclear warhead aboard one of the fleet's ships that is set to detonate in 12 hours, but won't name the location. Kara brings in a Marine to beat him up, saying to him that if he was really devoted to his mission he will suffer the beating and feel the pain. Cylons have the option to turn off their "pain" sensors, so Kara taunts him: if he caves in and turns off his "pain," then he has been outsmarted by a human being. Leoben is impressed with Kara's cunning, but he still refuses to disclose the whereabouts of the warhead. Kara continues her interrogation. Leoben refers to himself as "God."

Laura hears a radio report that cites a senior advisor to the President who disagrees with the President's policy on dealing with Cylons. Laura realizes that the leak is Billy. Billy's embarrassed, but confesses that he does think Cylons should have some rights. She chastises him for leaking information, saying that he should learn how to deal with the press, since he will be President after her someday. How did she know that?

Sharon asks Baltar if she can be the first person tested by his Cylon detector. Baltar agrees to test Sharon after Number Six eggs him on. Sharon waits with Baltar for her test results from the Cylon detector. It's positive. Baltar is shaken by this and lies to her, saying she has nothing to worry about.

On Caprica, Number Six and Doral talk about Cylon Sharon - has she fallen in love with Helo? Number Six is curt, displaying jealousy. They don't see Sharon approaching but then she decides against meeting them and turns around, walking off. Cylon Sharon returns to collect Helo. She wants to run from the other Cylons.

Kara returns to the interrogation with confidence, after Adama confides that he thinks Leoben is lying about the warheads. Leoben startles her by referencing some traumatic events in her past that he couldn't possibly have known about. Frustrated, Kara orders more intense beatings of Leoben.

Laura has another nightmare where Leoban tries to tell her something, but she still cannot hear him. Deciding to go to the Gemenon Traveller and meet him, Laura walks in on Kara and Leoben and is horrified by how badly he has been beaten. She won't have this abuse going on. Laura sweet talks Leoben, apologizing for his beatings. He's won over and confesses to Laura that there is no warhead; he was making the whole thing up to buy himself some time because he was afraid to die. Also, he wants to tell Laura something. Laura is intrigued, because of her recurring nightmare, and Leoben pulls her close to whisper in her ear: "Adama is a Cylon." Laura immediately orders him killed. Her sweet talking was all an act. Kara is shocked, but Laura chides her for losing perspective. Laura reminds her that Cylons are evil creations, but they are not human in any way.

Laura returns to the Galactica and shares a drink with Adama, un

23. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    There will be an article in the next issue of SciFi magazine on this:

[image=http://www.scifi.com/scifimag/images/cover_feb2005.jpg]

24. adoyidej

Nov 17, 2004
    Thanks for that JediTrilobite. I just went to check it out, and the Table of Contents says: "cast-members examine their characters and come face to face with.....themselves"

What the heck does that mean? Is that just normal magazine try-and-draw you in wording or will there be something really interesting/quirky about the interviews?

Anyone know when the mag will be on newsstands?

25. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    I donno. I subscribe to the magazine, so I'll probably get it a couple weeks before it hits the shelves. I haven't gotten it yet though. Maybe by next week.