main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The End of the World: The New Battlestar Galactica (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by JediTrilobite, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    The Cylons were created by man. They rebelled. They evolved. And they have a plan.

The new BSG is a remake of the original show, currently on the SciFi channel. Humanity is on the run after a devistating blow by the Cylons, a race of robots, who have returned after a civil war to wipe them out. The only remaining ship (At first) was the Battlestar Galactica, and along with about 50,000 people, they decided to find a planet, Earth, which was mentioned in their scriptures.

New episode this friday!

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    FYI, you guys can create specific threads on differenct asects of movies/series, also. :) Not too much is redundant, yet.

4. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm going to go create a thread on the new BSG.

5. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I can't wait for Friday. :D Is the music going to change again?

6. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm so excited about Friday! I can't wait to see how they get out of the royal mess that they've all found themselves into.

Pegasus had to be one of the worst cliff-hangers :mad:

7. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    i got a dvr for xmas and the first thing i did was program scifi fridays into it.

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    So what do you all think are the plans for Baltar?? Will he end up defecting at some point and joining the cylons? Or will he remain as a mole? Is 6 somehow really still talking to him, or is she just in his brain?

If she is a figment of his imagination, then how does he know so much about what the cylons are planning? :confused:

9. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I think that Baltar will surprise us in the end. I suspect that Gina will cause some major changes in him.

10. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Personally I think Baltar is a cylon sleeper agent and six is just toying with him. There are still 8 other unknown models in the fleet and he's the one who most screams cylon.

11. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I wouldn't want him to be a cylon. I want him to be very human and have to deal with everything he does.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    There's only 6 Venture. We have:
    Boomer
    Six
    The black doctor
    Darl (the aid guy from the mini)
    The sleezy guy Starbuck interrogates
    Lucy Lawless

Only six models left.

13. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    We can also add the Centurions and the Raiders as models perhaps. Remember what Six said to Baltar in the mini series, "The Original Modles Still Have Their Uses"

I already have my cable DVR ready and I got a DVD Recorder for Christmas so I'm set.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    We know that 6 is a cylon. Heilo and Starbuck both saw her on Caprica and she's certainly one of the When it comes to Baltar there's something to remember, if 6 is "just in his head" then how does he know the things that he does?

It only works if he is somehow related to the cylons. Is he an agent? I don't think so. Is he a model. I don't think that either.

In fact, I think it's much worse. I think he's THE creator of the cylons as they exist today. They didn't just "evolve" on their own. No toaster can just turn into a human w/o a human appearing to mold them into his own image.

Baltar is crazy...with madness comes extreme genius. I think our Baltar might be a clone of the original creator, but that there are not multiple copies of him out there.

Who knows though, that's what I love most about this series, you never know what to expect :p

15. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Awesome episode tonight, I can't wait to see what happens next week!

16. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Thoughts reposted from elsewhere:

So what do we have? Cain is insane. Marooning a civilian fleet, giving orders to kill families if her "selected" resisted, it makes me wonder how the character got that way.

I guessed right, they call it a ressurrection ship. Looks like we have a major battle coming to our viewing pleasure in the next episode as they attack the basestars and this key ship.

The last few minutes with Cain and Adama making plans against each other was classic. I wonder if Adama would have thought this was needed had Roslin not said anything about what she thinks(knows) about Cain?

Best line in the show:

"I have not doubt Pegasus would destroy the Galactica"--Rosalyn

"Don't bet on that."--Adama

17. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    *upping the actual Battlestar Galactica thread*

Tonight's episodes was amazing. I was shocked at Roslin's goading Adama into taking out Cain.

Why do these episodes have to end?

18. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Tonights episode was excelent. Im only mad that I have to wait till next week to see how it ends. I love how both Cain & Adama were giving there orders to take care of the other.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Cain's Executive Officer, I don't think he can do it. I don't think he wants to do it. I think maybe too that Adama will be prepared for Cain's plans against him as far as the marine detachment goes. I have no idea what Starbuck is going to do, she may just lock Cain up instead of kill her.

The Six on the Pegasus, might Baltar fall in love with her since she would be a physical version instead of the mental one? The preview showed him holding a gun to her head, probably at her request, but I bet he doesn't shoot.

20. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Nah, Six is around to stay I think.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Cain is one scary woman - what she forced them to do to her civilian fleet...horrible! That woman's power trip is over! Her second is not only not going to obey her command but will probably turn have his men turn on her. From the first Pegasus he was terrified of her, but to know she's a gonner, he'll turn against her.

Oh the possibilities...next week should be good!

22. Odowan

Odowan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2004
    Wow. You could cut the tension in the air in this episode with a knife. Great stuff. It's now two episode in a row where the last minute is simply incredible. This is going to be a long week. I can't wait to see how this ends.

23. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yes, the double-planning was great. Very awesome episode. Starbuck's reaction upon her return was great. "I'm friendly! We're all friendlies! So let's start being...friendly..."

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    If the new Six lives, then eventually she will meet the Galactica Boomer, and that is going to be one interesting 'reunion'.

25. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    The scene where Cain gets it, where she says "Oh......frak.....you" I don't thimk it will be starbuck. Her reaction is too suprised, not to mention she is not exactly in uniform. It would be great if it were her second in command.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.