main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Enemy of My Enemy - An Order 66 Challenge Response

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BigE, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    The Enemy of My Enemy.
    By BigE
    A response to the Order 66 Challenge

Just a little something. I hope you enjoy it.

The Neimoidian lieutenant was surrounded by those blasted clonetroopers, only inches away from a hidden escape hatch that he could slip into in mere seconds. He was helpless ? any move toward the latch would mean being assailed by a barrage of blaster fire. He cowered and shook in fear, and despised himself for it, but he was also surprised at how naturally it came. Perhaps it?s true what many people have said: Neimoidians are cowards at heart. At least this coward was alive. He laid prone, hands out to show that he was unarmed.

Now the Jedi was approaching. Oh, they claim to be above petty emotions, but he seemed quite smug to have captured him. [i]Blasted Jedi![/i] Though the droid army on this base continued to fight, he knew that his capture meant that the end was nigh. The Viceroy would not be happy about this. The supposedly secretive subspace relays on this world were key to Separatist intelligence.

The clonetrooper commander held a hand up to the area of his ear and tilted his head slightly as if listening to something. The Neimoidian then noted that he strode off to the nearby corner of this pseudo-office, pulling out a hand-held holo-communicator. A robed figure appeared, but he found eavesdropping to be difficult with his knees knocking.

The Jedi parted the wall of clonetroopers now, and stood over the Neimoidian with his fists balled at his waist. ?Lt. Jhon Kor, you are hereby under arrest by the authority of the Republic. I hope you are prepared to stand trial for your actionnnn,? the Jedi?s bold pronouncement became a moan. ?Marilo?? he uttered softly, dropping to his knees.

?General Stabili! What?s wrong?? one of the troops asked, keeping his blaster trained on Lt. Jhon.

?Marilo?she is?was a Jedi. I trained with her since we were younglings,? the Jedi replied with a look of disbelief on his face. ?I felt her become one with the Force, but how could that be? She wasn?t due to see action for two days.?

?It will be done my lord,? Jhon Kor heard the clonetrooper commander say in closing, as he turned off the holo. He drew his blaster rifle as he rejoined the others, giving a nod. The other clonetroopers returned the nod with a nearly imperceptible nod of their own. It was performed eerily in unison, the Neimoidian lieutenant thought. His next set of thoughts were a chaotic jumble, as he witnessed the clonetroopers retrain their weapons on the Jedi. Perhaps it was the sudden turn of events, perhaps it was the distraction of his lost friend, but the vaunted reflexes and reaction time of the Jedi was absent, for the clonetroopers peppered him with blaster bolts before his lightsaber could even be drawn.

Jhon smiled nervously as he slowly stood. The clonetroopers quickly remade the Neimoidian the target of their aim. ?Wait! Wait!? he exclaimed with arms raised high. ?The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Is this not so??

The commander replied flatly, ?We don?t follow platitudes, only orders.? He then drew out the holo-communicator once more. The robed figure reappeared. ?My lord, the Jedi called Sabili is no more.?

?Good! Good!? the figure replied.

?What of the Neimoidian lieutenant in charge??

?Order him to deactivate his regiment of droid troops,? came the repy.

?It is done,? Kor joyfully exclaimed. Slowly, so as not to upset the clonetroopers who seemed to go slightly tense, he withdrew a device and keyed in a code.

The commander held a hand up to his helmet as he did earlier, and stated to his superior, ?It is done.?

?Good. Now eliminate him, and his subordinates,? he ordered the commander.

?As you wish, my lord.?

?Wait! What did he say? You can?t??

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great viggie! I enjoyed the unique perspective on this challenge! =D= Bravo!

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Great job on this. The Neimodian got what he deserved, destroying the Jedi and then getting cut down himself.

Well done.

4. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Poor Neimoidian, seconds away from escape. Liked the idea of knocking knees interfering with eavesdropping.

Poor Jedi, trying to understand how his childhood friend could have died when she shouldn?t have been in combat.

As VaderLVR64 said it was good seeing it from a different perspective, seeing the Clonetroopers eerie precision from another angle.

Liked the response of ?We don?t follow platitudes, only orders.? To quote Schlock Mercenary ?The enemy of my enemy is my enemy?s enemy, no more, no less.? :)

5. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks, VaderLVR64, dianethx, _JM_ for your kind responses.

I was hoping to come up with something from a different pov, so I thought I'd try to present it from the viewpoint of a Separatist.

:)

6. Zane-Marit

Zane-Marit Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Not bad...and they completely caught the Jedi off guard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.