main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Enemy of My Enemy Chp. 7 When One Door Closes...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jayden112233, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayden112233

Jayden112233 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2003
    Sabe126 I have wondered what would have happened if Mara had been present in the throne room during the final battle.

Funny you should mention that..... Hope you like the next part. Thanks for reading!

Chapter Six: The Deliverance

The room itself seemed to emulate the Emperor?s wrath as he spoke, ?You will pay dearly for your betrayal child. Lord Vader, finally, you may kill Mara Jade.?

The Emperor smiled viciously, anticipating the girl?s fear and remorseful pleading for her miserable life. He was to be disappointed, for Mara?s only response was no response at all. She remained calm and relaxed. Beside her, Skywalker also seemed unmoved by Palpatine?s demand. Realization sank in as the tyrant turned questionably toward the man who had served half of his life as his slave.

Anakin spoke with pride, his voice loud and clear. ?I defy you Palpatine. I will not harm my student nor will I harm my son. It is time for your reign to come to an end.?

Luke continued where his father left off. ?You have failed Your Highness. The jedi are alive and we three are only the beginning. Surrender---or die.?

The Emperor threw back his head as he laughed insanely. ?You fools think you can defeat me? You will soon learn differently.? Without warning his head came down as he raised his arms toward Luke and Anakin, slamming their bodies with black lightening filled with all the force of his vengeance.

Mara didn?t wait. She charged the stairs toward her former master, light saber drawn as the blue blade cast an eerie glow to her determined face. The tyrant allowed her to reach the top of the steps before he turned both hands on her, throwing her brutally down the stairs with the intensity of his dark blast.

Palpatine paused briefly to scrutinize his quarry lying at his feet. Young Skywalker was trying to raise in vain. He managed to lift himself to his hands and knees, then fell unceremoniously to the floor. Mara Jade lay near by him, unmoving and semiconscious. Palpatine smiled congratulatory to himself as he pondered who he would kill first. His smiled faded as he turned to where Vader should have been and found nothing. Vader was gone. Alarm rose in the despot as he searched for his former slave, first with his eyes, then with the force. It was to no benefit, for he could not sense Vader?s presence anywhere. Fear stabbed at Palpatine as he heard the snap-hiss of a light saber behind him. He turned in time to see Darth Vader?s red blade run him through. The last though that went through his mind, as he felt the fire of the blade sear his black heart, was how he could have miscalculated Vader so completely.

As the slain abomination?s lifeless body fell to the floor, the room seemed to quiet in an expectant pause. The Emperor?s body then exploded in what might have been a last furious attack on the occupants in the room. Luke and Mara, still lying at the bottom of the stairs, were able to shield their heads in their arms, but he force of the blast seemed to assault Vader and cruelly threw him to the bottom of the stairs. He landed with a sickening thud between Luke and Mara.

Luke was the first to react. ?Father!? He cried out in dread, fearing his father was already gone. He crawled to his father and cradled him in his arms. ?Father?? He questioned. Anakin stirred then seemed to focus on his son. Mara crawled over to assist Luke.

?Luke, help me take this mask off,? Anakin rasped.

Luke pleaded, ?No, you?ll die.? He looked to Mara for support, but her attention was on his father, as tears streamed down her face.

Luke turned back to his father and Anakin spoke, ?Nothing can stop that now. Please Luke, let me look at you once as my true self before I die.?

Luke assisted him in taking off the mask. Anakin?s face was pasty white with a deep gash across his face from an old injury. He looked weak and tired, but his eyes held love and warmth as he gazed at his son. Luke thought that it was the most beautiful fac

2. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    He is dead... :_|

Well, great post again, Jayden112233 ;)

3. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    :( Anakin died.

I like the twist of having Anakin run his saber thru the emperor, instead of throwing him.

4. Jayden112233

Sep 21, 2003
    LaYa_ Thank you!

CrystalKenobi Sorry I killed Anakin..maybe in another fic, I'll let him live. Thanks for all your feed back.

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Lucas films and Timothy Zahn. I am making no money nor claiming any rights to characters.

Chapter Seven: When One Door Closes...

Luke and Mara stared down at the body of Anakin Skywalker, still holding hands. His face seemed peaceful and serene. A loud explosion nearby brought them back to reality as the blast ricocheted through out the room, nearly toppling them over. Remembering the battle beyond the station, they quickly dropped hands and stood up.

?We?ve got to get out of here!? Mara yelled over the noise of the explosions.

Luke nodded. ?I?m not leaving him,? referring to the body of this father. ?He doesn?t deserve to be left here.?

Luke expected Mara might argue, but she seemed to consider his request, then said, ?We can take Palpatine?s escape shuttle. It?s close and I have the security codes to fly it.?

Luke stared at the woman before him and wondered how deep she had been involved in Palpatine?s empire. But his father had trusted her and she was willing to help him, so without debate, he too placed his trust in her. It felt right somehow.

Together they half carried and half dragged Anakin?s body toward the far left at the base of the stairs as debris began to fall around them. They reached a metal wall and Luke looked questionably at Mara. She motioned to a small crack in the wall that he would never have noticed had he not she not pointed it out. As Mara placed her finger in the crack in the wall, Luke heard a small click. A panel in the wall slid away to reveal a short hallway. Mara urged them on and Luke followed.

They came to a small room that housed a rather plain looking shuttle one might expect a merchant or a trader to own. Luke was confused why someone of the Emperor?s stature would possess such an ordinary ship. Mara seemed to read his thoughts and with a shrug offered, ?He didn?t want to attract attention to himself if he needed to escape.?

As they entered the shuttle, Mara raced to the front and began entering codes into the computer commanding the ship power up for flight. Luke laid the body of his father on the deck of the shuttle as there was really no where else to put him. He gave on last longing look at his father, then headed up to Mara and took the copilot?s seat strapping himself in. Together they navigated the shuttle safely off the space station and headed at a reckless pace toward the planet below. Before they reached the planet?s atmosphere, they heard tremendous explosion and felt a torrent of energy propel them forward as the Death Star gave way to a decisive hit from rebellion fire. A silence followed that seemed to echo the finality of Palpatine?s evil rein.

Standing together they watched as Anakin?s pyre burn into the night casting a warm glow of light around them. Luke stared at was once his father and couldn?t help but feel a little alone. He had been so close to having at least one parent in his life.

Beside him, Mara shared his loss as well. Vader had been part of her life for as long as she could remember. Most of the years she had been spent hating him; the final moments she had admired him. He had been her confidant, her mentor, and in the end, he had given her freedom.

Wordlessly Mara slipped her hand into Luke?s and he turned to face her. As he looked into her eyes, he knew that somehow she understood everything he was feeling. This woman who was really no more than a stranger to him, who was once an imperial, who risked her life to save him was now offering him comfort. Silently he pulled her into a fierce embrace, feeling some of the sorrow dissipate as he did.

Mara stiffened in surprise as Luke hugged her. She couldn?t remember every being hugged. At first it made her feel awkward and vulnerable, but as he held her, she felt t

5. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a wonderful ending to a wonderful story.

Please let me know when you write another story.

6. Jayden112233

Sep 21, 2003
    Hey thanks, Crystal. I'm so happy you liked it. I am currently finishing up on another story tenatively called "She's Having My Baby?", though I'm not totally convinced that the title fits the story. It's a comedy involving L/M and gang. It is about someone who overhears a conversation about a baby, then misunderstands and assumes that another certain someone is pregnant. I just need to fine tweak it a bit and have a beta look at it, so maybe early in the year I can post it. Thank you again...Jayden

7. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Wonderful ending to a great story!!! :D

8. Jayden112233

Sep 21, 2003
    LaYa~ Thank you. I wasn't sure about the ending, glad you liked it. Merry Christmas, Jayden

9. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    You're welcome ;)

I hope you had a Merry Christmas, because I had. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.