main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Enemy Within

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Celtic Jedi, Sep 3, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    Any more time to write yet? Your fans are still here!

2. Celtic Jedi

Celtic Jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 1999
    Hi! I'm finally here. Didn't think I'd make it did ya?

Obi-Wan woke squinting at the bright light that shown through the windows and took record of the odd sensation of having no idea as to where he was. Raising his head, the youth adjusted to the blurry vision dulled by sleep, and glanced at his surroundings. With a smile, Obi-Wan realized that he was in Qui-Gon?s bed chamber at their permanent quarters in the temple and flopped back down in enjoyment. Ah...yes. One advantage I had forgotten about. I always get to use Master?s bed
    when I am ill. And oh...what a nice, cushie bed it is. With a stretch and a yawn, Obi-Wan curled into the large, fluffy pillow and awaited his master?s arrival. The younger Jedi was not completely at ease, but at least he didn?t feel the presence of the being...for now, and he was going make good use of the absence. The only thing that lingered was the emptiness in his mind, but Obi-Wan hoped that this feeling would not be there for long.

Qui-Gon returned from informing the Council of the past few days? events with great haste. He did not wish his padawan to be alone for any length of time, knowing that being out of Obi-Wan?s sight only disconnected the youth further. The jedi master keyed the door to their quarters and strode in tossing his cloak on the nearest chair. Qui-Gon automatically went to the door of his bedchamber, and a small moment of peace overwhelmed him as he saw Obi-Wan resting quite comfortably. Ah...to be
    young again. How quickly youth does recover from hardship. He only hoped that this respite was all it appeared to be and not a teasing of the demon lying in wait. All grim thoughts drained away from the older Jedi, though, as the sleeping body stirred. ?Master?? The word, Qui-Gon noted with appreciation, was said with a tired, lazy smile. How he?d missed that these past few days. Qui-Gon walked over to the bed, making the distance in a mere two steps. Setting lightly beside his padawan, the older Jedi lightly stroked the boy?s temple. ?How are you feeling Padawan?? Obi-Wan stretched a bit, but didn?t move from the touch. ?A bit tired Master, but fine otherwise. Is the being gone?? Qui-Gon hoped beyond hope that it was but doubted it seriously. Going by all accounts of what this thing had previously done, the creature was by no means finished with his padawan. The thought sent a shiver up Qui-Gon?s spine, and he quelled the thought of his Obi-Wan being torutured so. That will never happen to you my padawan. I won?t let it happen. I swear that to you. He was
    finding that he was almost thankful for Obi-Wan?s inability to use the Force. If Obi-Wan knew how rattled he was by these events, the boy would surely be terrified out of his wits. Qui-Gon knew that Obi-Wan depended upon his master?s strength far more than anything else, and the Jedi master intended to give every bit of strength he had to support his padawan. ?I don?t believe so Obi-Wan. It seems that the creature is hiding. Why I don?t know, but you must be cautious my padawan. I feel that it is up to something as we speak.? Obi-Wan considered the thought and realized them to be true. Somewhere, in the back of his contiousness, he could feel the being. It gave the youth an almost eerie feeling. Why does it just lye there in waiting? What?s it waiting for? It could easily do away with me right here and now!

Thanks again for all the support. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

3. Mouse

Mouse Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2000
    Glad to have you back Celtic Jedi. Thanks for the new post, I love this story. Please don't stay away so long. Keep the new posts coming.

4. Master Peael

Master Peael Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 1999
    I'm lovin' this.... I need more though.... more more more more more more more more morore more more more more more more ....
    catch the drift??
    okay then..... POST

5. Mouse

Mouse Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2000
    Celtic Jedi, Where are you? I know college life is hetic, but I really miss your story! Leaving Obi-Wan with some type of thing in his head and without use of the force, that is too much Obi torture! I really need Obi to be alright. Please post soon!

6. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    HELLLLLOOOO OOOOOOOUUUUUUUUTTTTTT THEEEERRRRREEEEEEE!!!!

is there more yet?

7. Celtic Jedi

Aug 22, 1999
    *giggles and peeps from behind corner* I'm back..hehe.

Qui-Gon had seen fit not to inform his padawan just yet of the events taken place after first contacting the Council. It seemed that he was to go through many a battle with the Council to be allowed to
    continue training Obi-Wan. They had protested that being a Jedi ment being one with the Force, and Obi-Wan could not possibly go on as Qui-Gon?s padawan. Qui-Gon?s first thought to that conclusion
    rambled around, What?! That?s mad! but refrained from saying so and centered himself. Anger would not help his padawan?s situation. Besides, Qui-Gon was in no mood to hear his former master?s speech on the subject that he had heard many times of late. It was then, that an idea struck. If
    he could just speak to master Yoda alone, then he was sure that he could convince his former master to see the truth.

It was this, that brought Qui-Gon back to the Council chambers after making sure that Obi-Wan was safely tucked back in. Being alone amongst the group felt strange to the Jedi master. For the past six years, Obi-Wan had always been standing behind him, just to the left. It gave him such a lonely and empty feeling that Qui-Gon wished to never feel it again. With a sigh, he pushed his fears aside for the time and began. ?If the Council will allow, I would like to speak to master Yoda in private on this matter of my padawan.? A slight rumbling of voices but no sign of protest came at the request. Mace Windu raised his dark eyes to Qui-Gon and knodded. ?We will allow it Master Jinn.? With that, he
    rose with the rest of the Council and left Qui-Gon and Yoda to speak alone. With a small gesture from Yoda, Qui-Gon quietly crossed the room to Yoda?s seated form and kneeled to face the wiser Jedi in a
    show of respect. The small, green figure studied his former student carefully then spoke with a gentle grace that could only come with age. ?Believe you do that continue his training Obi-Wan can, yes??
    Qui-Gon was glad to see that for once, his former master was getting right to the point. ?Yes, Master, I do.? Yoda?s ears lowered slightly, apparently in deep thought considering the situation. ?Master, I
    know of the Council?s opinions of Obi-Wan, but I know him far better than anyone else. I?ve seen him in the best and the worst of times, seen the love and compassion that radiates off of him so that its
    almost tangible. I was the one who saw that thirteen year old boy offer to give his life in that mine for everyone on Bandomeer, including me. He fought me to do it knowing that what he was doing was right and was without fear. I?ve seen that moment reflected in his actions many other times, so many I can?t begin to count. Master, hear me when I say this. Obi-Wan tought me a lesson I should have learned a long time ago. The Force may be a tool that allows the Jedi to do their work for others, but it
    is not the Force that makes the Jedi. It is the heart that makes a Jedi. Obi-Wan will always be a Jedi in his heart and soul with or without the Force, and I will continue to teach him as such, even without the Council?s permission.? His last words were spoken with a soft quiet tone, but the fierce defiance in them was not mistaken by either Jedi. Qui-Gon lowered his eyes to the floor expecting at any moment to be reprimanded for such a threat and was surprised to feel the small hand of the wise
    master on his shoulder. He raised his eyes to see a faint smile. ?Good the pairing is when the student teaches the master. Tought you something, your padawan has that I could not. Accept your decision the Council does.? At this statement, Qui-Gon returned the smile gladly and began to rise but
    hesitated when Yoda stopped him. Returning his gaze, Qui-Gon knew all was not well, and he knew why. Ever since Obi-Wan?s tentions had eased, he had not wanted to think about what had caused all of this to begin with. The time for ignoring was over. ?The Golith I still sense in him. Gathering strength it is. Be on guard you must, Qui-Gon, and wat

8. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    Great addition! Nice job I can't wait to see what happens next

9. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    It's good to have you back Celtic Jedi! I love this story, so don't stay away so long next time. Please post more soon!

10. Celes

Jul 8, 1999
    This has got to be one of my favorite stories. Keep it up!

11. Gaeriel

Gaeriel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 1999
    To the top.....

12. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    Interesting....very interesting. Please write more!

13. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    I'm STILL WAITING!

14. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Now Celtic Jedi, please come back and stay for awhile! I would really like to see Obi get better, and soon! I really need a new post. I really like this story, so please post as soon as posible.

waiting patiently
    Mouse

15. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    More is there... hmmm??

16. Gaeriel

Gaeriel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 1999
    Any more posts yet?

17. Celes

Jul 8, 1999
    Whenever you're ready, we're here.

18. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    POST! POST! POST! POST!POST! POST! POST! POST!POST! POST! POST! POST!POST! POST! POST! POST!POST! POST! POST! POST!POST! POST! POST! POST!POST! POST! POST! POST!

I would like to klnow what's going on with poor Obi.... is he going to be okay

19. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Please post!!!!!!

This is considered Obi torture as well as reader torture! Post pleeeeezzzzeeee!

20. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Please post!!!!!!

This is considered Obi torture as well as reader torture! Post pleeeeezzzzeeee!

21. Celtic Jedi

Aug 22, 1999
    *giggles* I would have to agree with the Obi torture thing. Sorry about postings and all. My attention span is terrible, so the only thing that keeps me on this is because I love it so much. Thanks again for all of the praise. Its always appreciated.

Over the next few days, Obi-Wan?s strength recovered, and Qui-Gon had finally let him resume his training sessions again, going easy at first. The Jedi master only allowed it seeing that the exercise would keep Obi-Wan in good health as well as in good spirits. It was hard though. Without the
    Force to guide his padawan, Obi-Wan was always slightly out of synch with Qui-Gon. This fact frustrated the youth but no more than that. If anything, Obi-Wan saw his inability as a challenge. Pride swelled in Qui-Gon realizing how strong his padawan really was. Any number of other Jedi would have easily crumbled under such a loss but not his Obi-Wan.

Thrust, dodge, turn. Good...very good. He?s doing much bett...ow! A loud thud and muffled snort echoed through out the training arena. ?Do you yield, Master?? In between the giggles. Qui-Gon glanced down at the lightsaber blade just inches from his chest. The Jedi master remained perfectly
    still, sprawled on the hard floor. ?You took the offensive, Padawan. A Jedi remains on the defensive to tire his opponent unless absolutely necessary. I could have easily taken you, Obi-Wan.? He hated to give any reason for that happy giggle coming from the boy to stop. He?d had so little of it these few weeks, but it had to be done. With an exasperated sigh, Obi-Wan rolled his eyes and disengaged his saber. Any other time, Qui-Gon would have praised Obi-Wan for the defeat, but now that Obi-Wan was at a clear disadvantage, he believed that his padawan needed to be driven harder. The youth
    could no longer depend on the Force to ease him through the fatigue and strain of battle.

Obi-Wan went quietly over to retrieve the towels at the edge of the mat. Wiping off his face, the youth sighed, and became quiet. Qui-Gon could still read the boy and knew he was upset. Why shouldn?t he?! You?ve not giving him any ounce of praise. Tentatively, he walked over and put his hand on his padawan?s shoulder. ?Obi-Wan?? To his surprise, the boy shrugged the hand away and went to kneel in front of the gigantic transparasteel windows overlooking the temple?s meditation gardens. ?I?m not good enough anymore, am I?? Qui-Gon could feel the misery almost literally pouring out of the young man?s soul with those words, and his heart ached for his padawan. Damn. Why can?t I praise him just once?! ?Padawan...? Just as he was about to explain, Obi-Wan cut him off. ?Master, please.? The voice was faint and quivering, and Qui-Gon, as he came to the boy, noticed the trembling shoulders. The older Jedi lengthened his stride. Oh no. Gods no. Obi-Wan please...don?t cry. Before he knew what was happening, Obi-Wan was staggering to his feet and running across the room sobbing. ?I?m not good enough...never good enough!? With that, his padawan left him in silence that remained.

Hope you likes it Hope I'm not rambling. I just don't want to build anything up and drop it. Just let me know. Thanks as always for putting up with my story.

22. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    You will mmmPOST!

I like this story. Obi-torture... gotta love it.

23. Master Peael

Aug 25, 1999
    Another wonderful post this story is turning out so well!! I'm really enjoying it.... don't leave us hanging to long for the next one!!

24. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!

WRITE

MORE

WRITE

MORE

WRITE

MORE

WRITE

MORE!!!!!!

Thank you!

And no, you're not rambling, however a step in either the direction of the monster attacking, or a way to rid Obi-Wan of the monster would be prudent at this juncture.

25. mouse2

Oct 29, 1999
    Hurray a new post!

NOW YOU WILL POST MORE!

Obi torture is good, but I would like to see Obi open a big can of whup@$$ on this monster! Then maybe Qui-Gon will give him some praise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.