main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Enemy Within

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Celtic Jedi, Sep 3, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celtic Jedi

Celtic Jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 1999
    Lwyn'nya...you read my mind. Thanks you guys. *smiles brightly* I just had to post this...even though its short and is a bit of a tease.

Not good enough. Never good enough. No..nononono NO!!! ?No!!!? Obi-Wan tore through the serene hallways of his home, his footfalls thundering against the wine-colored marble, as he ran, almost as loudly as the thudding of his heart against his adrenaline sensitized eardrums. So terrorized was the boy by his own thoughts, that he completely missed Mace Windu who called out to him with great concern. Mace watched the boy. He was running like there was a crazed wookie on his tail. He finally snapped. I?m amazed he hasn?t before now. ?Padawan Kenobi!? No reply, unless one counted the loud sobs that seemed to only grow worse. I?ve got to talk to Qui. Mace strode off to find his friend. Now gone, Mace was not there to hear the choked scream.

[This message has been edited by Celtic Jedi (edited 11-20-1999).]

2. Gaeriel

Gaeriel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 1999
    Once again another wonderful post!

3. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    This is good....real good!

4. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    More story! Soon!!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!

5. Lwyn`nya Kenobi

Lwyn`nya Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 1999
    Hmph!

And people call me a tease!

:p

Keep it up! That was pretty cool!!

6. Celtic Jedi

Aug 22, 1999
    Just thought I'd stop by and see how everyone likes it. I don't have more yet, but soon.

I'm kidding. I wouldn't dare do that. I'm being mean aren't I? Just smack me. I know ya wanna. Sorry....too much caffeine. Ok...anyway. As requested, here's more.

Qui-Gon had finally broken from the shock of his padawan?s reaction and was now wondering the halls aimlessly looking for Obi-Wan. He was horrified at the feel of how suddenly alone he felt without the youth at his side, even here. My Obi-Wan, where are you? The Jedi master felt rather irritated that he could not use the Force to track the youth. Obi-Wan needed him, and he needed him now. He had to tell Obi-Wan that none of this was true, that tthe boy was still an astonishing sight to see during his katas, beauty in motion. His padawan had always had a natural talent for swordsmanship and agile grace. The Force had only allowed the boy to embrace his talents. When I find you, I will tell you so and make it a point that you never need doubt in that again, Padawan. I swear it. Qui-Gon was abruptly jolted from his revelry when he nearly ran into Mace, who looked rather worried, himself. ?Forgive me Mace. My thoughts were occupied. If you will forgive me I must go.? Mace applied a firm hand to his friend?s shoulder and stopped him. ?Qui-Gon, I believe I may be of some help. You are looking for your padawan, no?? Qui-Gon nodded. ?I thought as much. He passed me in the corridor a few minutes ago.? He paused then interrupted Qui-Gon when
    he started to speak. ?Qui, he was hysterical. I don?t think he knew I was anywhere around, even when I called for him. What happened?? Qui-Gon sighed and shook his head. ?Mace, you know I?ve never been one for compliments. Obi-Wan is one of my few exceptions. Since his training has
    begun again, I?ve found myself holding back somewhat. Mace, I?ve made a grave error of judgment. Because of my ignorance, Obi-Wan no longer believes himself to be worthy.? Qui-Gon lowered his head to look at the floor. He didn?t feel he deserved to look upon anything else at the moment. ?Qui,
    listen to me. Whatever you did, or may do in the future, now is not the time for regret. You made a mistake. Now, fix it. You may never get another chance.?

Obi-Wan had just entered the meditation gardens and begun to calm a bit when it started. Obi-Wan.....Obi-Wan.... Merely whisper in his mind, and the boy instantly knew that it was not the Force being used. Oh Force, no...not again. He turned to see Master Windu disappear around the corner just outside of the gardens. ?Master Windu!? The words were amplified as a rush of white, hot pain ripped through his being. Falling to his knees, the boy clutched at the earth, fiercely digging his fingers into the soil. All the world seemed to fade into nothingness, only the pain....and the voice. It was calling to him again. Out of the darkness it came, wrapping its cold lifeless presence around Obi-Wan, smothering away everything but the darkness devouring him. He was drowning, filling his lungs with the putrid stench of fear and death, and no one was there to save him, no one to breath life back into his dying soul, no one, no one at all....

Hope you likes it.

7. Young_Sith_Apprentice

Young_Sith_Apprentice Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 1999
    Yeah! Poor Obi-Wan, this time I do feel bad. Write more! Write More!!!!!! Please???

I'm an impatient little Sith aren't I? I must work on that.....someday.

8. The Jedi Princess

The Jedi Princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 30, 1999
    I love it! Please don't stop there. You must post, you must post, you must post.

9. Celtic Jedi

Aug 22, 1999
    Gosh...two posts in two days. That must be a record for me. Here's a wee bit. Not much though.

Mace led Qui-Gon down the hall to where he had last seen Obi-Wan. Looking around, Qui-Gon began to grow cautious. ?Mace, something?s not right.? Knowing that one could go only to the gardens from this direction, the two interred slowly. This had always been a favorite spot of his
    padawan?s. Qui-Gon had noticed for some time that his own love for nature and for the Living Force was rubbing off on the boy. An odd feeling, a tingle in his mind made him shiver slightly, and Mace nudged him. ?Qui, listen.? The voice seemed a bit more rattled than either were used to and both directed all attention to their surroundings. Usually, the gardens were full of the chattering of birds and insects and any number of other sounds coming from the large collection of wildlife but now, the
    gardens were something immensely different. ?My Force, Qui-Gon. It so quiet. Where are all the animals?? Qui-Gon had almost convinced himself that they were, for some reason, gone, and wished that this had been the case when he glanced to the blowing Akisaran trees. ?Look, Mace.? Waving his hand upwards to direct Mace?s eyes, both Jedi were visibly shaken by the sight. A whole flock of Besbinian Bombo birds were huddled closely together on the swaying branches. All were trembling and seemed to be intentionally crouching in the shadows. Mace sent a bothered and
    questioning look to his friend. ?Its like they?re hiding. Why?? Reaching out to the Force, Qui-Gon was shown the answer to that question. It was well known to anyone, especially the Order, that animals had a sense of things going on around them, anything from impending storms to severe
    emotional distress, and considering Coruscant?s weather was climate controlled, he feared it was the latter. ?They?re afraid.? The tone was filled with foreboding, and Mace glanced around apparently attempting to find its cause. He didn?t find it. ?Of what?? A ghostly, horrid wail was his answer. Qui-Gon?s head snapped to attention. He knew that sound. Obi-Wan. Adding to the distress, what
    seemed like thousands of animalistic shrieks joined the cry, only to slowly halt when it did. Why are they so enthralled? Force knows how many misery-ridden Jedi have scrambled to these gardens to find their center. Qui-Gon decided he was going to find out. Moving forward, he jestured that Mace stay behind, he moved into the trees.

Writing more as you read this. I promise. As always, thanks.

10. AstrGO

AstrGO Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 1999
    Thank you, thank you for the post!!!

Thanks a lot, I am so happy.
    However...I still need more...

Please post soon, I am very worry about Obi-Wan...

11. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    Aren't the Temple gardens grand? You used 'em nicely with the animals and all. Keep going! I want to see next part!

12. Celes

Celes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 1999
    This story is so fascinating. I can't wait to read your next post!

13. Durga2000

Durga2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 1999
    Now what's going to happen?

14. Jaro

Jaro Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 1999
    Uppers!

And a quick note to let you know that I've begun to archive this story for Nanai's fan fiction site.

15. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    POOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!

16. Jedi Day

Jedi Day Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 1999
    Hey...i missed your story, really. it's even better than ever. Yay...now to continue from where we left off before nightly.net broke...

POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
    got the idea?

17. Jedi Day

Jedi Day Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 1999
    Hey...i missed your story, really. it's even better than ever. Yay...now to continue from where we left off before nightly.net broke...

POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST POST
    got the idea?

18. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Please post before I go postal from a lack of posts!

19. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    I hope Qui-Gon can help Obi-Wan soon

20. Erica Amidala

Erica Amidala Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 1999
    POST!!!!!!!!!!

21. Andraia

Andraia Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 1999
    Post! Post! Post! Post! Post! yes.. POST! i love the story and wish i knew what was going to happen next!! Poor Obi!!! Please let Obi get rid of that thing that haunts him!!!

22. Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi

Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 1999
    *patiently waiting for Obi-Wan to get better...or worse *

23. Scully-Wan Kenobi

Scully-Wan Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Aug 20, 1999
    Ah, Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi...a kindred spirit! Nice to find someone else who appreciates the fine art of Obi-torture! My theory is, in fanfic, you have to hurt the one you love, so you can cuddle him back to health...eventually

24. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
    I agree Scull-Wan, do u like mulder torture as well?
    POST!!!
    POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that everyone gets the idea....
    are u still alive? let us know.....

25. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Allooooooooooooooo?

<voice echoes at the bottom of the well>

drip, drip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.