main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The enigma of Vader's remains..

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jcuk, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    IDK that Luke would want to keep any part of Vader's armor. It's the physical representation of his father's evil side, which Luke fought so hard to free him from. In Luke's mind, leaving what's left of Darth Vader back on Endor, forgotten, would probably be the best option (imo).

Luke'sSeveredHand and Rookhelm like this.
  2. Huttslime

Huttslime Jedi Padawan star 2

Apr 1, 2015
    I'm thinking it gets recovered by Kylo at some point, who knows maybe he wants some link to the Old Empire or something.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Vader won't be back, but his evil twin Varth Dader will be.

4. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Depends if the story group wants to ignore the cremation at the end of ROTJ but I wouldn't mind them revoking the special edition and using the original ROTJ ending scene but both indicated Anakin returned to the light and present at the victory party along with Yoda and Obi-Wan which has its own problems but kind of suggests his body is gone just the cybernetic parts remain, burnt but still there...

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Will Vader himself be back as a force ghost? Will his presence be alluded to by Luke or Leia during the movie? Maybe the helmet will be a part of that, and maybe the present tense bit in the trailer (my father HAS it instead of HAD it) will be more than a red herring.

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I have a hard time believing that he won't be mentioned/reference by Luke and co at some point (and probably repeatedly). Especially if Kylo turns out to have a personal connection to the Skywalker/Solo family.

I'd be fine with Force Ghost Anakin appearing at some point (especially if they FINALLY do something with the "he's Leia's father as well" thing). But I'm not sure that they'll got that direction, at least in this film.

7. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014

Lucasfilm will make Darph Nader and Dark Helmet canon.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    And Ralph Nader will be in it too.

9. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Quite right. He is the consumer advocate seeking Sienar Fleet Systems to be held accountable for the unsafeness of the TIE Fighter.

10. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

...and the inaccuracy of the sights in Imperial blasters.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    "Unsafe at Any Speed!"

12. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    not FMVSS compliant.

Millennium Fairlane likes this.
  13. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I like where we're going with this. Who's the apprentice?

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  14. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Sunglasses Ron?

15. GuardianSoulBlade

GuardianSoulBlade Jedi Knight star 3

May 26, 2015
    It would be nice to have Hayden as a Force Ghost (hear me out Prequel haters) to give Luke closure for why he fell to the Dark Side (unless this gets explained in the upcoming Aftermath novel) and it would be nice to hear Hayden say Anakin's dialogue in a tone that was not whining.

16. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Welcome to the boards.

Thanks but No Hayden.

[​IMG]

"I mean you no Harm".

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Perhaps this Kylo Ren melts down Vader's helmet and forges his his own helmet outve it, as his helm looks very rugged and crudish. Would not rule out the possibility of a clone of Palpatine, especially with characters like CYLO-IV and the fact that some of the Royal Guards are clones as well.

18. Cellblocker1138

Cellblocker1138 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 26, 2015
    Luke kept Vader's ashes and helmet in a tomb, which Kylo later raided. That's my speculation.

DarthIshyZ and Wildcatbarry like this.
  19. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    MF: I wasn't calling your opinion silly I said it because Anakin Solo did exist and you seemed to deny the possibility of it. Who says it would be a noose or whatever anyway? I do believe otherwise, thanks. :p

20. Millennium Fairlane

Nov 29, 2014

ah, no worries! See, my take on Leia is this: she's got a lot of anger at her, and I think Vader is a great focal point for it. It always struck me as unrealistic in the EU how she not only forgave Vader (I could perhaps see that for her own good) but named her son after him. I could perhaps even see it if there had been a continuous separation of who Anakin was and who Vader was, if the Dark Side was some kind of possession, but after seeing the PT it just wasn't there. I was hard-pressed to find any redeeming qualities in Anakin at all, and that cemented it. There was no there, there. It was one of the reasons I gave up on the EU.

Now, before everyone gets all excited, I am not trying to start up a PT/OT thing... I think it was kind of daring of Lucas to do it. Luke redeemed a father who really wasn't a very nice guy based on the power of his faith. Luke rocks, and the PT made Luke more impressive. That's just my opinion, not a shot across the bow, my PT friends.

21. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014

Yeah I buy that. Luke and Leia will have known the location of Vader's remains, and maybe even took any children either of them have there to pay their respects. So Kylo would know where they were.

I've seen people speculate that TFA will end with 'Vader' re-appearing. That Kylo will put himself inside a new Vader suit and announce to the galaxy that he never died. I know I won't be alone in being extremely annoyed if this happens...

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  22. Millennium Fairlane

Nov 29, 2014

Building himself a Vader suit just evokes Silence of the Lambs. I hope not...

DarthIshyZ and Wildcatbarry like this.
  23. Cellblocker1138

Cellblocker1138 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 26, 2015
    I don't think he's going to build himself a Vader suit. I think the look he has is basically the look he's going to have consistently throughout the ST.

24. Emperor ST

Emperor ST Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2015
    He won't build a Vader suit, but will inevitably wind up in one anyway. My prediction.

25. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    We only saw Anakin's force ghost , maybe Anakin became one with the force but Vader clung onto the suit.The idea of Anakin and Vader becoming separate entities really could be an intriguing direction for the ST.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.