main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The enigma of Vader's remains..

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Jcuk, May 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm confuse So... who has the soul? This is only one person, the suit being a life support system needed by a living man to keep him breathing (who then died, and thus no longer needs the suit). I wouldn't be surprised to have a force ghost, just not sure what you are saying.

darthtimetraveller likes this.
  2. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Very interesting theory master danmcken.

Makes me think of the old Tom and Jerry cartoons with the little trixster on one shoulder and the little angel on thE other.

Anakin brought balance.

In order to balance a balance equal weight must be on both sides.

EDIT: Let me clarify that I am not poking fun. Anakin was the chosen one, therefore the idea of him having a special status as far as soul/Force ghosts goes is absolutely plausible.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The helmet wasn't lost like Luke's lightsaber so I think we'll have no problem accepting that Kylo or whoever simply recovered it at some point. No explanation needed IMO.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  4. CEB

CEB Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2014
    What if the sequel trilogy completely changes what we mean by "Darth Vader"?

Here's a bit of speculation I've come up with.

Anakin's creation is still shrouded in mystery, but there is a bit of circumstantial evidence in ROTS to suggest that Palpatine and/or Plagueis had a hand in creating him.

If so, then it is fair to assume that the intent was always there to create a dark side user, rather than just creating life.
    But what if the intent was always to create a vessel for Darth Vader? what if the only thing that wasn't thought through was that Anakin himself would be strong enough to fight back against Darth Vader and go back to the good side?

The plot functions that this would serve are many, not least on forcing a re-think of the previous films: it would give more weight to Anakin's redemption, meaning it was an actual battle he had to win - it would also make him slightly more redeemable if his slaughter etc was in part due to being possessed by this evil entity.

Imagine this scene between Kylo Ren and Snoke, with Ren battle scarred at the end of TFA:

Kylo Ren: "I have failed, Supreme Leader. Skywalker returned from exile before I could destroy the force sensitives. I do not have the lightsaber"
    Snoke "and I sense your anger that you also lost Vader's mask. Tell me, Kylo Ren, do you think these trophies will make you Darth Vader?"
    Kylo Ren: "They are strong in the Dark Side master. I feel Vader's anger and pain"
    Snoke: "There is a reason for that, and it lies not in these relics. Let me tell you what Darth Vader was. Vader was an embodiment of the Dark Side of the Force. Vader was not (spits) Anakin Skywalker. Vader is the will of the dark Side made flesh. That spirit has not been destroyed, just dormant. It seeks a new host. You are not detined to have the power of Vader. You are destined to become Vader"

5. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Its a shame Luke burnt Vader's codpiece along with the rest of the suit.

Kylo could have used it.

6. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

It wouldn't fit.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  7. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

And who are you suggesting has the bigger set? :p

8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I have believed that Palps and Plagueis dabbling in the dark arts prompted the Force to create Anakin as an out.

Anakin allowed temptation and desire to cloud his vision and lead down the wrong path.

As for Vaders remains, they very well could hold a connection to the darkside.

However, Anakin, the "man in the mask", was redeemed.

I very much like brother danmcken theory above.

"He is more machine than Man, twisted and evil."

I believe when Luke redeemed him the man was separated from the machine.

Roger Goldleader likes this.
  9. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    Nope, just a significant character who says, "I can't believe he's gone," and then someone will put a poncho around them. Then a small space battle ensues.

No time for sentimentality in the SW universe.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  10. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    Haha yeah the obi treatment not everyone gets the qui gonn ceremony

11. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I think who ever Kylo Ren is, he somehow comes to the conclusion he will never be strong enough on his own to be a real Jedi or a significant Force user. He seeks out the relics of fallen Sith to boost his power because he feels he can do no better. Supreme Leader Snoke probably has convinced him of this over time like the Emperor did before.

12. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Thread merge..

13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    If Anakin's spirit disappeared as did Obi-Wan and Yoda, why did Luke bother to take the suit and burn it down on Endor? There was nothing in it. It could've just left to be destroyed with the Death Star.

14. dan1210

dan1210 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 27, 2015
    deleted.

15. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012

good point! maybe he didn't disappear immediately? we never did see him disappear, I always assumed he was in it on the pyre

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Since someone went to the trouble of reviving this thread, let me take the opportunity to ask: Whatever happened to those rumors of a skull fragment(s) still visible within the charred remains of Darth Vader's mask?

Being that the melted mask itself rather favors a skull, is it down to a simple bout of miscommunication? Perhaps there actually is some bone visible and I simply haven't examined the shot closely enough?

Or has some other explanation ever come to light?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.