main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Enigmatic and Mysterious Count Dooku - Happy Life Day Sir Christopher Lee! (27 May)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kynstar, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
  2. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
  3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks for posting links to your tales! Any others will be welcomed!

Well come this Thurs will be his 88th (I do believe...) birthday! I'm posting this early only because work has me tied up and I might not be able to post this on his lifeday. Sooo! Happy lifeday Sir Christopher Lee!! [:D] I truly hope it goes well and that you'll have many more!! Keep up the great work in acting, readings, and singing! :D Thank you so much for all that you have done!

@};-

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  5. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Thanks so much! Great pic! Can't recall if that's the one I've followed... [face_thinking' Gotta go and take a look and see ;)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Dooku is such a nice character to do. And I have him now in a vignette for the proverbs challenge

I will be free

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Count Dooku is playing a mayor role in Tetrahedron

8. Bazylia

Bazylia Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2009
    Hello fellow Dooku fans :) I must admit this thread was one of the reasons that made me finally sing up here.

To begin with - the ?canon? Dooku for me is the one from the movies, plus ?Dark Rendez-vous? (which was a great book); I?ve tried reading some others, but the portrayal of Dooku in them does not seem very believable.
    The first time I?ve watched the movies, he was just a villain (and very cool at that, but still), but after some years and watching AotC and RotS for about the third time I was like: hey, he?s a really interesting character.
    And then I?ve discovered fanfiction :D but that?s another story.

Back to Dooku ? after some thinking, a theory was born: Dooku did not fall to the Dark Side, like Anakin, he did embrace it in full consciousness, for a reason. Why? He discovered who Palpatine was, tried to warn the Jedi, they did not listen, so he thought he?d destroy the Sith himself and cure the Republic... and then, sadly, it turned out as it did. I can imagine him as thinking he was a kind of a chosen-one - though more doomed than chosen - and thinking it was his fate to turn to the Darkside to save the galaxy.
    One thing is perplexing me ? why did he not try to become a Chancellor himself, and what has he been doing for those ten years between leaving the Order and AotC? He had a title, he was a great diplomat, he had money, I mean, why the canon states he?s been in hiding for all the that time, when it completely lacks any logic?
    About his possible returning to the Jedi if he lived through RotS... He?d have to watch everything he?s been fighting for die... Someone here wrote he?d ?implode as a person?, I agree. The redemption, however... I think he might have been redeemed (he was so painfully close to coming back to the Light Side on Vjun), the only missing thing was a stong enough impulse. Like with Vader ? he did turn because of Luke, his son. Maybe if Dooku, too, had a child, or a wife, or anyone who was family, and feel he is important for that person and that he?s accepted despite everything, redemption would be possible. Yoda did almost manage it, after all, and he was something of a father-figure to Dooku. I also don?t think Jocasta Nu would succeed - if there had been something between him and Jocasta in the past (and I believe there had been), later it was not strong enough to make him stay in the Order.

PS Flashes, a Dooku fanfic. More will come :)

Bale likes this.
  9. Gush

Gush Jedi Master

Aug 15, 2010
    Question to all the Dooku fans:

Would you consider Count Dooku to be a genocidal leader? If he was captured, do you think he would stand trial in the ICC, along with the perpetrators of the Holocaust, the Rwandan Genocide, the Khmer Rouge?

And since Dooku is the sort of person for whom the ends justify the means, what do you think are the limits to that outlook? At what point do you think that Dooku would draw the line?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.