main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Enigmatic and Mysterious Count Dooku - Happy Life Day Sir Christopher Lee! (27 May)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kynstar, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    [image=http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2995/villains24ah.jpg]

This is the clearest pic I've seen as far as the clasp.
    Not that up close....but....[face_worried]

I just found this one.
    [image=http://www.starwars-union.de/erwuniversum/factfile/wallpaper/116count_dooku.jpg]

and.....
    This one. [face_batting]

[image=http://216.127.78.103/~dutch-starwars.com/database/personen/pics/count_dooku.jpg]

They don't look so good on site, but if enlarged, they are pretty good for detail. I tried. :D
    But I don't know how to post my own images.

2. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    You can do image hosting at photobucket. That should fix your problem.

3. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Good morning Countess of Sereno...
    I see on the social thread that you have not been sleeping well
    Tell that "old" man (The count, of course) to let you be tonight
    You need some rest...

You know I really love you

Thanks for the pics...They'll help
    So, I need to get sculpting on the clasps...

Does Dooku ever embrace the true nature of the Dark Side or was he just interested in his love for the Republic and stopping corruption?? Been thinking about this one for a while. I guess what I'm asking is was he seduced by the temptation of power or was he just going into it to kind of "use" the Sith Lord to get what he wanted while secretly keeping his light side as his main side?
    Later

4. Ace_Venom

Ace_Venom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Since I posted here, I may as well take this question.

I believe Count Dooku did embrace the dark side. He was much like his master in the regard that he believed that the galaxy needed to realize it was broken before the Sith could be invited to fix it. Most people realized corruption was rampant, but the CIS proved once and for all that the Republic was broken. One job of the state is to provide security for its citizens and the CIS proved that was impossible with figures such as General Grievous depopulating worlds and Count Dooku convincing people with words that it would be better to leave the Republic than to go down with the ship.

Count Dooku may not have performed atrocities on the level of General Grievous, but he also did nothing to restrain his bloodlust. Dooku was very cunning and two-faced. When you consider that Dooku's test to become Darth Tyranus was to slay Syfo Dias, whom the EU painted to be his best friend, he fell very far indeed.

5. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    My take on this, hyperspace_police:

Count Dooku was smart enough to know what he was doing. I really think that he was using the Dark Side for his own ends, yes. But over time, the Dark Side, eats at your very moral fiber and soul. By ROTS, or maybe even AOTC, because we don't know the specifics of his time with Sidious, he was most likely lost.

The murder of your best friend sure is a fall from grace. When he went to Sids, sure. He had a vision and the Dark Side offered further power to make that dream come true. BUT, he did not realize what would happen.

Sorry to bring the Devil into this but I think it helps with my point here. If Palpatine is the Devil (BTW, I think Palpatine really did collect the souls of his apprentices [face_thinking] The blue stuff realeased upon his demise really makes me think [face_thinking] ) But anyway, if Palpatine is the Devil, and Dooku sought him out to learn the Dark Side, he gave Palpatine his soul in a way.

The Devil, usually (From Analysis of his methods and mostly from common knowledge here.) tricks people who trade their souls by giving them what they want, but not letting them read the fine print on the contract as it were.

Back to Star Wars: Palpy gave Dooku the power to make his vision a reality. But he did not tell Dooku how far he would fall into evil because of it. By the time Dooku figured out what was happening, it was too late, and he was about to die. And most likely, become one with the Dark Side. (SW version of Hell)

Honestly though, I think Palpatine kept the souls of all those who came to him for power.
    Maul
    Dooku
    Anakin
    Grievous (????)

Once Palpatine died, the souls were freed. The blue swirls around his body could have been the souls themselves. (This is what I believe) Only then could the souls truly rest in peace wherever they were meant to go.
    Maul and Dooku probably became one with the Dark Side.
    Anakin became one with the light thanks to Vader's act before death.
    Grievous, well, he was also a tool like Anakin and therefore, could have gone to whatever form of the Light Side the Kaleesh believed in. Or perhaps he too was evil and never had a fiber of good in him.

But as far as Dooku, I think he knew what he wanted. But he didn't read the fine print. [face_mischief]

6. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    I don't know that I buy that, because even when Dooku is supposed to be deep in the dark side and supposedly lost, he is capable of acts of deep altruism.

In the words of Palpatine, "How can that be true?"

I haven't figured this one out yet. I can't put the brainpower in, because I have Palpy to finish and a screenplay with big problems that need fixing.

I, personally, don't like this idea of a devil. Everything we do is our choice and our fault. There's nobody here but us.

7. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    He embraces the Darkside, but I believe that he never fully embraces it to its fullest like Anakin/Vader does. He believed that he could utilize both the Light and Darker side of the Force (though a lot believe that there is no 'light' and 'dark' but juz how a person uses it).

At first it became an obsession in order to right the wrongs of the Republic...a dream to have a New Jedi Order that utilizes both Jedi and Sith teachings. Which if that ever did happen would be totally awesome and man... :eek: what a Order that would be! [face_dancing]

8. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    He embraces the Darkside, but I believe that he never fully embraces it to its fullest like Anakin/Vader does.

True.
    But at the same time; I don't know if he understood what it was he was doing/getting himself into. [face_mischief]

Poor Dooku, his dream might have worked.
    Who knows.

9. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Yeah :( a pity we'll never know... arg the plot bunnies beg to be released... what if his idea had taken place? What if he did instigate a New Order? Makes ya wonder juz how it would have worked out, eh? [face_batting]

10. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    I kind of want to do an AU fic on that. It's a concept with lots of potential. And good for people who like to write Dark [insert Jedi name here].

11. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks for the info guys. I like hearing others opinions (Besides Kynstar's) about the count.

Her opinions are rather tilted in favor of out cape wearing, curved sabre, ex jedi count person....

And now I must stay completely off topic [face_whistling]
    Dooku and Kynstar =P~
    Sitting in a tree:*
    Doing something [face_shhh]
    Completely un-countly[face_whistling]

Sorry, Gotta kid Kynstar, my day is not complete if I haven't done it at least once before lunchtime[face_laugh]

12. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    My fic is sort of based on the dream idea.
    Dooku tries REAL hard to make it happen. :D [face_skull]

On the subject of....ahem: [face_mischief]
    There is a poll in the Community thread called something like:
    Sexiest man of Star Wars.
    Dooku wasn't one of the choices. [face_mischief] :mad:

Shame. [face_mischief]

13. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh dear! [face_blush] Why hyperspace_police! [face_love] Wouldn't it juz be dreamy if that was so? Hmmmm? Completely uncountly [face_laugh] I liked that! Oh btw that small cabin in the back of the sail solar ship...well let's juz say it's very nice! [face_mischief]

What??!! :eek: Why ever not? [face_laugh] Guess there only a few of us out there that adore the character to that extreme! [face_mischief] I'd back him up for it! [face_batting]

edit: Oh my forgot to add the fact that Palpy I'm enjoying that particular story too!

So what do you guys think? Do you believe that if his dream would have happened...would it have helped the Republic or destroy it even more?

14. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Dooku is such a wonderful villain, I would have loved to see more of him in the trilogy, but then, that's what fan fiction is for! YAY! So much charisma, and of course that voice ;) he could have taken over the universe as far as I'm concerned.

Know the Power of the Dark Side

:p Sorry too much coffee today. :p

Take care everyone [:D]

TS

15. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    Hey, T_S! [:D]

His dream I think was a little too idealistic.
    In the process of making people understand or obey the dream, he would have made things worse I think. The means through which he was forging the vision cost many lives. Let us not forget letting Grievous take countless worlds by force (often deadly force).

Although I think his Galaxy would have been more peaceful than Palpatine's Galaxy. At least, in some ways.
    [face_peace]

Back of the Solar Sailor eh? [face_mischief] :D Oh dear. [face_laugh]

16. hyperspace_police

Jun 22, 2005
    Maybe we should start our own "sexiest" man in Star Wars poll??
    And, of course, Kyn would put our dear sexy count right up at the top of the list...
    We all know this...
    So, with that said...

Maybe we'll pit him against Jar Jar and Jabba the Hut...that way we know he would win...
    Just kidding Kyn, You know I love you.

So,
    Did Dooku think that he would become as powerful as Palpatine, and maybe overthrow him and restore order, or was he just along for the ride for what he could get out of it?

Later

17. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    LOL hyperspace_police the poor dear would surely win, one would think! ;)

As for the power trip... I'd think that he was on for the ride and get what he could out of it. There might have been a chance at the beginning of the 'training' that he wanted to learn all he could then take out Sidious due to the fact the guy was a true Sith. But as time went on...I do believe he saw that it would be pointless in taking the 'Master' out after a while due to the fact he was past his prime and that he only had so many years left. Sad too :( we get a taste of that in Dark Rendezvous when he's talking with Asajj about Sidious.

18. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    I'd think that he was on for the ride and get what he could out of it. There might have been a chance at the beginning of the 'training' that he wanted to learn all he could then take out Sidious due to the fact the guy was a true Sith. But as time went on...I do believe he saw that it would be pointless in taking the 'Master' out after a while due to the fact he was past his prime and that he only had so many years left. Sad too we get a taste of that in Dark Rendezvous when he's talking with Asajj about Sidious.

In total Agreement here. ;)

19. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    I was watching the DVD Palpy560 and I just had to laugh when I remembered the "Flour! Unlimited Flour!" :D As soon as I get to my destination, I'm going to catch up on these stories I've missed. [face_crying]

Good question Hyperspace Police! [face_mischief]

I also think he probably had 'delusions of grandeur' at first that he would be able to overthrow Sidious for the good of the galaxy. It just sounds like Sidious pushed him too far over the edge. Wouldn't a battle between those two be interesting? I wonder what would have happened if Dooku betrayed Sidious. Who would win? [face_batting]

20. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Out and out combat, Dooku would lose.

I imagine he would cheat shamelessly, though. I think he might have been able to pull it off, but it would be a very long shot. I think in ROTS he's still biding his tume - but then he runs out of time to bide.

21. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    I wonder what would have happened if Dooku betrayed Sidious. Who would win?

Hey T_S, when you finally have time to catch up, I think you should read my fic, A Grievous Crime. Because it answers that very question. [face_mischief]
    Sorry for self-promotion. [face_worried]
    But it does answer the question. [face_peace]

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I don't mind the self promotion. If anything those of you who have Dooku fics, please post a link to them here. If the mods don't mind (and since I guess I'm the creater of this lil thread w/in the main thread) it should be ok. As for mine, juz review my bio. I have a few meself ;)

As I mentioned earlier, in DR we get to see Dooku in a differ light, a man who is growing tired of all the war and chaos. We somewhat get a glimpse into that as well in the RotS novelization where he's talking to Palps prior to Obi and Anakin's arrival. Retirement...a pity Palps could not have let it happen. But then again...having such a powerful man 'retire' and continue to exist would have been all to dangerous to Palps' plans. So I can understand why he had Dooku taken care of. Wasn't happy about it...but hey Anakin had to slip further into the darkness some how! ;)

23. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    True, he needed to tie up loose ends.
    Funny though, he didn't double check Padme's belly. [face_mischief]
    But all villains slip up somewhere.
    Well at least Dooku went out like a warrior. (No crying) Although he did look REALLY surprised. Let's demonstrate with Smileys (Because I can. :D )

Palpy: Goood Anakin! Goood ha ha ha! [face_laugh]
    Kill him. [face_devil]
    Count Dooku: :eek: :confused:
    Palpy: Kill him now. [face_mischief]
    Ani: I shouldn't...[face_thinking]
    Count Dooku: :(
    Palpy: Do it! [face_mischief] [face_skull]
    Count Dooku: [face_worried]
    @};- RIP Count Dooku @};-
    2002-2005 @};-

24. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    I just finished 'The Way The World Ends', which is a conversation between the late Dooku and the late Qui-Gon Jinn.

25. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    I'll check that out.
    It looks good. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.