main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Enigmatic and Mysterious Count Dooku - Happy Life Day Sir Christopher Lee! (27 May)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kynstar, Oct 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    You know, Cingular has the Palpy/ Anakin conversation of "Kill him now" as a ring tone.
    I just had to buy it and now everytime Kynstar calls me thats what I hear...
    It's almost cruel to torment her about Dooku's sad parting (not to mention his very limited screen time...)

And it took her until like the 20th time watching to catch his head bouncing once it was chopped off...

Here's my next curosity...

Would Dooku have taken Obi as an "apprentice" of sorts on Genosis if he had agreed at that time to join him? Or was he lying about having Obi help him? Just curious about others opinions and you guys seem to have Dooku figured out for the most part.

Thanks...

2. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    *Sniff* Yeah :(

But it is a nifty ring tone ;)

And yeah...I actually thought they were teasing me about his head bouncing. After the umpteenth time I finally got the nerve to watch his death (which I couldn't before...poor thing...those sad eyes...) it actually does bounce...twice. :_| How horrible! Though now I can somewhat chuckle at it, it's still sad! :p

Would Dooku have taken Obi as an "apprentice" of sorts on Genosis if he had agreed at that time to join him? Or was he lying about having Obi help him?

I do believe that if Obi had joined Dooku he would have taken him on as an apprentice...after a while of seeing whether or not the younger man was truly interested in it. In my humble opinion believe that Dooku did want Obi's help. And I believe that if Obi had joined him...that eventually the two of them could have and probably might have attempted to take out Palps. I haven't read AotC's book in forever...let alone watched the movie in a while (yeah yeah yeah :p I know...how sad is that? [face_laugh])

3. Palpy560

Palpy560 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2005
    tsk tsk Kyns. Dooku's in like 20 min. of AOTC. That's some good stuff. Eh, you'll probably get a fix again soon anyway. ;)

LOL, a Dooku death ringtone? That's fantastical.
    But yeah, it does bounce! [face_worried]
    And it is so sad. :_| @};- [face_skull]

4. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    That ringtone! [face_laugh]

hyperspace police I defintely think that would have been a good storyline, Dooku and Obi-Wan teaming up. I think there are some fanfics that address that. ;) I'd love to see more. In the ROTS novel, I know during the duel, Dooku thought about what it would be like to have Obi-Wan on his side. (Can't remember the exact words and I gave my book away to my mother in law) :D

But those two together would have been too much fun to watch!

Happy Holidays! [:D]

p.s. I'm out of Louisiana and into phone/internet service. [face_dancing] Lots of fun things to catch up on!

5. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    Oh yes, TS I was so thrilled when I saw a reply from you in my latest story. [face_love]
    Glad you have internet service now.

Hey, guys, does anyone know what color Dooku's Lightsaber was BEFORE he was a Sith Lord? [face_thinking]

Did we discuss this already? [face_worried]

I would think green but does anyone have any sources that offer an idea as to what it might have been?

6. sabarte

sabarte Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Both green and blue are attested. Cover of Legacy of the Force has green, but it also has a blond baby!Dooku and that just can't be right. Dooku's early hair color is attested at anywhere from blond to brown to black. Black's the most logical one, I think. Cover of Open Seasons #3 has green for the lightsaber. Inside of Open Seasons #3 has blue. Some fanfics have yellow, which I think would be appropriate, though I'm sticking with blue for my early Dooku.

7. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    Thank you for that. :D

8. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    I think it is ironic that they can't be consistent with which color to use in the comics. I use green meself personally ;) juz for some reason (maybe cuz Qui uses it... and the way he is portrayed in TPM makes me wonder if that is how Dooku was in his younger days)

The ole color spectrum has been talked about many of times on many a threads. Blue being more of the warrior type (which is befuddling since Obi isn't really that...but was in his younger days I gues...) One would think that if they believed that 'negotiator' type Jedi would have green that Obi would have switched over eventually. Shoot they do it to Ki-Adi...didn't he have a green saber in the other movie? :confused: Or did I get confuddled there? [face_laugh]

(edit: Shoot even at one time...one of those talks of color coding - Living Force = green while Unifying Force = blue)

But because it isn't truly know ;) one could give him any color [face_laugh] Yeah the comic that has Jango in it when Dooku was still a Jedi he was utilizing a blue saber... *shrugs* who knows... maybe he switched crystals depending on the mission? [face_laugh] Sorry couldn't resist that! Fashionable depending on the mission... hmmm what a wacky commercial that would make!

9. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    But Yoda is obviously Unifying Force. Honestly, I think colors have as much to do with aesthetics as with philosophy. I prefer blue because Dooku is basically Obi-Wan Kenobi plus decades of experience and a really twisted worldview.

10. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Nod* Yoda is of both so they say, but I agree ;) the colors probably represent nothing. George wanted green and blue to be against red I do recall. Juz later they added yellow (and Mace's purple only because of Mr. Jackson)

11. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    That was just making me think, at what point did he give up his Jedi lightsaber-with all its memories and take the red blade? I wonder what significance that had for him, giving that up and knowing that he had completely embraced the Sith philosophy?

Has anything been written about Dooku's fall? I would love to read the first meeting between Palpatine and Dooku. [face_devil] That would be too much fun to read/write.

Of course Palpatine would have watched him for a long time before approaching him, would know all his strengths and weaknesses and just how to hook him.

Poor Dooku, probably never had a chance [face_worried] Probably caught at his weakest moment :_|

TS

12. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    LukeSkywalker_2001 and I did a lil mock up of it. We did it thru yahoo. If you're interested Padawan Sis, I can PM you it :D

Whenever I can get my boody in gear... *sigh* I'm gonna start on that story of Dooku's that I've talked to you about. ;)

13. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    ooooo Another Dooku story? [face_batting]
    Goody.
    Thanks for your helps guys with the colors.
    I was going to use Sunlight yellow but I think green works better.
    LOL, ask Dooku what he used:

"I have a whole set of curved handles. Each spawns a color of the rainbow. So on a good day I use green cuz I'm glad and when I am sad, I use red cuz I'm mad."

[face_laugh] Oh my. [face_whistling]

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004

LOL Palpy!! [face_laugh] That's great! ;)

I'm not sure if she posted that conversation that she and I 'role played' out or not. (The one with Dooku and Palpy with their first 'unofficial' meeting) I have it saved on my PC it's like 8 or 9 pages in length. I could PM it to you if you want to gander at it.

15. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    I might have seen that. But a PM would be great. (Because I don't remember it too well :oops: )

16. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    "I have a whole set of curved handles. Each spawns a color of the rainbow. So on a good day I use green cuz I'm glad and when I am sad, I use red cuz I'm mad."

PM please, Paddy Sis! :D

17. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Quick question: Does anyone know names of Dooku's contempories in the Jedi, besides Jocasta Nu... maybe someone who's likely to lend a hand to his Padawan in preparing a present for the dear Count ...[face_whistling]
    Or am I allowed to let loose my imagination 8-}

18. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    He was supposedly buds with a Council Member - Master Sifo-Dyas

As for any others... well Yoda would be one too ;) since the troll was his old Master. Not 100% as to any others off hand. I could prob find more, but would have to dig about.

19. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    Tholme is about five years younger than Dooku and five years older than Qui-Gon, IIRC.

20. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    I've often wondered how events might have unfolded had Dooku successfully convinced Obi-Wan to join him at Geonosis, particularly with regard to how Kenobi's turning would have affected his relationship with Anakin. Would Obi-Wan and Doooku have been able to turn Skywalker, as well, using the offer of unlimited power as bait?

Having seen the events of ROTS, it is obvious that Vader's only concern upon turning was to accquire the knowledge he needed to keep Amidala alive (though we know things didn't turn out as he planned). Once Anakin discovered Palpatine's true identity, whatever feelings of respect or admiration he had for him went straight out the window. I have to believe that hearing the truth about Sidious from Obi-Wan and Dooku would have had a similar effect on Anakin.

Finally, can anyone imagine the damage those three (Vader, Tyrnaus, Obi-Wan) could have done together? I'm getting goosebumbs just thinking about a galaxy with the three of them on one side, the Jedi Order on the other, and Palpatine in the middle, still trying to pull everyone's strings to bring about his master plan.

*evil laugh*

21. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Ohhh what a thought indeed RKMeibalane!!

Finally, can anyone imagine the damage those three (Vader, Tyrnaus, Obi-Wan) could have done together? I'm getting goosebumbs just thinking about a galaxy with the three of them on one side, the Jedi Order on the other, and Palpatine in the middle, still trying to pull everyone's strings to bring about his master plan.

Believe it or not it has sorta been explored...can't remember the fanfic or the author but it was supposedly having them all teamed up (even Qui is in it...I think? :confused: ) Great tale too! Perhaps some of the other readers might remember the tale and author.

I think it'd be a heckuva story if Obi/Anakin/Dooku teamed up and went against Sidious. I mean...the Emperor to be didn't quite let Dooku in on everything ;) Those 3 would have rocked!

Seeing those 3 helping Palpy... [face_thinking] not too sure. They might have...but I see Dooku taking Palpy out with Obi and Anakin's help (that is if those 2 would have joined him). But those 4 would definitely have taken the galaxy in a heartbeat. Not much contest there if the 3 helped Palpy out! [face_devil]

22. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    *Takes down holiday decorations in the castle*

Well now...looks like those days are over until the end of this year. *Whew* Hope everybody's holidays kept them safe and at least folks had some fun?

New topic for discussion... [face_thinking] Anybody have any ideas? :D The floor is open for talks.

23. Palpy560

Feb 11, 2005
    Does anyone know what Count Dooku's home world was like? I know what it was called but I can't spell so early on the morning. [face_blush]

If not, can we speculate as to what it might have been like. Based on Dooku's character and charm, I would imagine it to of course have a high class. But maybe not based on his evil streak.

24. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Not 100% sure if it is discussed in books at what his homeworld (Serenno) was like. I've got the 'many worlds of Star Wars' book that came out not too long ago. I'll take a gander at it again to see what's it like :D I always imagined that the 'palace' or fortress (whichever it's called) was grand and near a mountainside. Lush forests and plains were near it. But that's juz the way I imagine it [face_love]

I'll take a gander at the book tonight to see if they actually say anything about Serenno :D

25. sabarte

Sep 8, 2005
    We do know two things - roses and at least one ocean. I'm doing an...interesting...version for my next fic, which is completed but being beaten into shape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.