main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Enlighten Me, Master!" Newbie's Lounge...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay. I was really curious about differences between the revised rules on the sheets, so I'll heed your advice and not buy it for now.

2. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    How did this get so far down?

UP

3. Sith_Messenger

Sith_Messenger Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    Hi everybody

Ok Im pretty new at this thing and my question is about spending Force point. I saw an explanation on page 7 of this topic but I still don't get it completely.

Ok, my first idea was that when a Jedi wanted to use the Force, he simply spend a Force point and that was it. No more use of the Force until the character got to another level or by doing an heroic action. My first thought was that this rule must something else because it didn't make sense.

Then I saw (page 7) that a Jedi can always use the Force for is round action... "you dont need to spend a Force point to activate a Force Skill", and that the Force point spending was only used for an added d20 bonus. Ok that make sense, but...

If a Jedi always use is force skill during is action for example, he must be getting tired of using the Force, and so he could/must lose some vitality point...No?? He would need some rest to regain is stamina.

So that the point of my question. If a Jedi always use is Force Skills in is round action, is there some effects on vitality point or something else similar?

Thanks

4. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    If a Jedi wants to use a Force power, say move object, he simply makes the skill check and expends the appropriate amount of vitality. A Force point is not required to use the Force. They are only spent to give a bonus to all d20 rolls for that round. A character is still able to uses Force powers if he is out of Force points.

5. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Ok I have a question. Well actually, I would like your opinion. Does Erk Exl'tan sound like a Bothan name?

6. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Does anyone know where I can find a freeform, understandable, open RPG? Cause so far I've only found one that I like and can comprehend.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

7. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
  8. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Question, dose anybody have nay good Adventure idea's for a a party of force users just before the Vong invade in the NJo era? they are about 2nd level and any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

9. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Keiran_Horn sounds good to me.

10. Maj-Odo_Taji

Maj-Odo_Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2002
    Gorin_Zachian,

Have you thought of maybe sending them on a diplomatic mission form Master Luke Skywalker and/or their individual masters? Perhaps going to sway some worlds who aren't sure whether to stay with the remaining Imperials or the New Republic? I'd be an evil prick as this ST and once the PC's swayed the worl to the side of the New Republic, economic hardships would of course be endured and whatnot. Nothing unusual, just a fact of life...short-term loss for long-term gain. But the catch is when the world gets weak due to the change in allegiances, the Vong hit them hard and they are one of the first casualties in the Vong invasion. Interesting to see how the PC's would react, with some STRONG opportunities for roleplay. Would they be guilty, angry, veneful?

*Yoda voice*
    Surely a path to the Darkside this would provide. ;)
    *end Yoda voice*

Another idea would be to send them to infiltrate a crime ring in the Outer Ring, in pursuit of an object or even a person. Sort of put them in the place of Leia and Londo in RotJ form the Holy Trilogy.

Just a few ideas...let us know how it works out!!! :)

Warm regards,
    Maj-Odo Taji

11. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    I think i'll give that second one a try, thanks.

12. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    You could involve them early in the events of the coming Vong Invasion, too. Nom Anor has already started building a network that'll soften the ground for the Yuuzhan Vong, spreading dissent and unrest and encouraging people to a strange form of protestation, droïd hatred. They could get involved on a world prey to such dissenters, and start following a track that would lead them to pretty uncomfortable discoveries, such as the possibility that an unknown alien culture is behind the unrest - and perhaps even thwart the plot to rise unrest on the world they have been sent, possibly taking down a couple Vong in the process and being left in front of a VERY uncomfortable problem.

13. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Good one Lordban.

14. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    So this is the place for newbies, where they can ask stupid questions? *nervous smile* The question I have is: I've seen that in some cases, *non*-Force sensitive characters have Dark Side points. Now a non-Force sensitive character can obviously not fall to the Dark Side in the usual sense (become a Dark Jedi/Sith, bla bla); so what is the meaning of Dark Side points for non-Force sensitive characters? How does having Dark Side points affect them?

Waiting for enlightenment,
    Devi

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    so what is the meaning of Dark Side points for non-Force sensitive characters? How does having Dark Side points affect them?

I think the only drawback is when a nonFS character accumulates enough DSPs to be "dark" and then the character is lost. Since DSPs come much harder to a nonFS character, if the GM is running a "non-evil" campaign... well, there's really no hope for the character at that point. They can't use the DSPs like FS characters can, they can only sit there and burn FPs to eliminate the DSPs.

16. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    If a non force character has more darkside points then his wisdom score that makes him a pure evil character. also if the character ever picks up a force class later on in the game the darkside points would apply

17. Ketalis

Ketalis Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2002
    I have a question concerning cortosis-weave. In the Dark Side Sourcebook, it says cortosis armor deactivates any lightsaber that damages it. So, what's the point of deactivating your opponents lightsaber when he can just turn it right back on? Pretty sure thats a free action. Or, does it actually require your opponent to repair their lightsaber before they can use it again?

18. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    i would guess it might have two good uses, the first is when it turns the lightsaber off when its hits them then the lightsaber wont go slicing throught there body, instead it just turns off. the other thing might be that in a jedi/sith battle, that spilt second where a lightsaber is off a trained force user could probably take advantage of this and plunge there lightsaber into the person with there lightsaber off.

edit: i have yet to use that, so i am just guessing

19. Maj_Odo-Taji

Maj_Odo-Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    The way I've seen it handled is this:

When an individual with a lightsaber is first entering combat and activates his/her lightsaber, it is considered a free action, or justs imply part of the drawing a weapon move action.

When a lightsaber gets deactivated for any reason during combat, it takes a move action to re-activate it. That causes a more realistic, and definitely a more dramatic moment in a lightsaber duel.

Just my two cents,
    Maj-Odo Taji

20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    As Maj Odo Tadji says. According to the FAQ & errata, reactivating a lightsaber in this situation counts as a move equivalent action.

21. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    As Maj Odo Tadji says. According to the FAQ & errata, reactivating a lightsaber in this situation counts as a move equivalent action.

Merk -- where's that FAQ/Errata listed? I haven't heard of it yet...

22. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I think it is up at the WOTC site.
    When a lightsaber is deactivated by such armor, it still does damage. And I would say that the Jedi having to reactivate it would draw an AOO from his opponent.

23. Maj_Odo-Taji

Maj_Odo-Taji Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    Fingorfin,

If the AoO isn't in the eratta, it shoul dbe. And you can bet your sweet space-faring asses that'll be incorporate dinto the TT games I'm in... ;)

Who who will kiss his own space-faring ass thank you very much,
    Maj-Odo Taji

24. WRAITH_LEADER

WRAITH_LEADER Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2002
    Alright I was refered here to ask my stupid questions. How do I start a character?

25. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Maj_Odo-Taji, the last eratta I saw on that subject was before the revised edition was released. I just think that an AOO makes sense, so I use it.

WRAITH_LEADER, have you looked at the core rulebook yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.