main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Enlighten Me, Master!" Newbie's Lounge...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So, what's the point of deactivating your opponents lightsaber when he can just turn it right back on? Pretty sure thats a free action. Or, does it actually require your opponent to repair their lightsaber before they can use it again?

If you don't tell them why their lightsaber went down, then it's also likely to have an effect on your players confidence. In the Jedi Council: Acts of War comic, the guys using cortosis shields commented that it worked best because it took a Jedi by surprise. If Jedi Guardian #1 hits someone successfully, and the GM goes; "Your lightsaber shuts down", they're going to automatically think "Crit fail" over cortosis shield; as cortosis is rare.
    Certainly, in that comic, the Jedi could reactivate it, but it may be enough to put the players off and change the combat dynamic. You basically strip them of their "upper hand." I did something similar in WEG - a player's power cell in their blaster was empty, and they'd been swimming to get somewhere. They figured they'd shorted the blaster out and lost their focus.

E_S

2. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    I use a pretty simple mechanism : when the blade shuts down in such a way the character who has just seen his blade shut is in the middle of an attack move and unarmed, so he draws an attack of opportunity.

3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Oh, man, that's cool. Nasty, but cool. Now, if only my GM would stay away from this forum... [face_mischief]
    E_S

PS - Good to see you here Lordban :)

4. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    Thanks ! Nice seeing you here too ! :)
    I've been away from this place from a little too long, I guess.

Having any problems with your GM, E_S ? :p

5. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Not at all; but he's on the boards, and I'm hoping to go Jedi Guardian ASAP. If you're reading, Keith, uh, "hi!" :)

I like that - cortosis shuts a saber down, (and the GM doesn't actually have to tell his PC's does he [face_devil] ) AND provokes an attack of opportunity! Phwoar! That IS nasty...

E_S

6. Hannibalscipio

Hannibalscipio Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2002
    Does anyone know of a place where I can find a list of SW planets and their basic descriptions? Maybe there's a book for that, I dunno. Thanks,

hannibalscipio

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Does anyone know of a place where I can find a list of SW planets and their basic descriptions? Maybe there's a book for that, I dunno. Thanks,

hannibalscipio

There were SEVERAL planet guides from the d6 system -- as well as planets rolled into the various sourcebooks and galaxy guides. In addition, the Unofficial Encyclopedia and the Star Wars Encyclopedia both contain "real-world" data on planets and their species/ecologies without having RPG-specific info if you are looking for that.

8. Kyle_Kincade

Kyle_Kincade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Need a little help guys pls. ? The GM gave us a Feat.bonus and i was kinda wondering if anyone can help suggest one for untrained Force sensitive rebel soldier Character on a Ep.2 Trilogy setting 'coz i kinda got me in a bit of a mess and was bout to Force grip a opponent but wasn't allowed.

Kyle Kincade

9. Lordban

Nov 9, 2000
    The feat you need to use Force Grip is Alter, you can use Force Grip untrained with that feat, though you'd better have a nice Int score and a nice number of DSP if you want it to have any sort of effectiveness while untrained. Anyways, you'll have to discuss with your GM and ask him to authorize you to pick the Alter feat as a bonus feat, since unless you've got at least 1st level in a Force-using class, you can't pick that feat.
    Maybe it's time for a little change of career ;)

10. Kyle_Kincade

Dec 10, 2001
    Ok, Thanks LordBan for the info and will try to contact my GM about this but to make it clear the character i'm talking about is a..

Class / Level:Scoundrel/3

That is in the Old rule book and haven't been able to convert it to the New rule book for i'm still unclear how and if when it'll be in effect in our RPG.
    And know some will say it'll be a bad idea to do so but it's in line with his past.

Kyle Kincade

P.S.
    Hi, to jandor.

11. Jandor_Tarvin

Jandor_Tarvin Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    lol

Hi Kyle :)

Normal service will now resume

12. Kyle_Kincade

Dec 10, 2001
    Oh hey Jandor long time no hear from yah.
    Kyle Kincade

13. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Ooooooh! A lounge! Do they serve alcohol here!

Howdie all!

See you Space Cowboy. . .

14. Kyle_Kincade

Dec 10, 2001
    Umm..well don't know exactly but better ask the others 'bout that 'cuz mostly this place's for inquiri 'bout Star Wars stuff.

Kyle Kincade

15. Kyle_Kincade

Dec 10, 2001
    Umm...can anybody tell me how who i can ask to unlock my fanfic 'coz i know i haven't been able to post for sometime and would like to continue the story but it had been locked.

Kyle Kincade

16. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Ask the mod from the FanFic forum to unlock it.

17. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    And what's wrong with having a few drinks while you discuss the RPG? [face_mischief]

*grabs a drink*

18. Kyle_Kincade

Dec 10, 2001
    ok thanks spie_speigle but who exactly?
    and for the latter post i guess notting that is untill it gets to you head and things turn ugly that is....

Kyle Kincade

19. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Usually the boards have links to the mods in the header.

*Gets a flaming Mandalorian*

20. Master_Garm_Lliandro

Master_Garm_Lliandro Jedi Youngling

Aug 18, 2002
    Well ok, i have two things to ask...

#1. I'm thinking of buying Starships Of The Galaxy Sourcebook, but i really wanna know what it actually contains, so can someone please read out the "this sourcebook features ... " and all that on the back of the book, i would really appreciate that.

#2. I just finished reading NJO:Traitor, and i was wondering, do u think that theres any way in which the raw force changes the way that the dark side works (i know that theres a verson of vergere, where she gains no dark side points because she is knowledgeable about the raw force) does anyone have any idea on how this might affect the force stats in the game?

21. Master_Garm_Lliandro

Aug 18, 2002

#1. I'm thinking of buying Starships Of The Galaxy Sourcebook, but i really wanna know what it actually contains, so can someone please read out the "this sourcebook features ... " and all that on the back of the book, i would really appreciate that.

#2. I just finished reading NJO:Traitor, and i was wondering, do u think that theres any way in which the raw force changes the way that the dark side works (i know that theres a verson of vergere, where she gains no dark side points because she is knowledgeable about the raw force) does anyone have any idea on how this might affect the force stats in the game?

22. Master_Garm_Lliandro

Aug 18, 2002

23. Master_Garm_Lliandro

Aug 18, 2002
    Woops, i posted twice, so i'll edit this one and make it look like i didnt mess up,

hi...

24. Master_Garm_Lliandro

Aug 18, 2002
    Seriously, can someone please help me...?

25. FrobiWanKenobi

FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2002
    Well, here is a link to a review done by Moridin of the SWRPGNetwork on the Starships of the Galaxy.

Hope that helps you a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.