main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Enlighten Me, Master!" Newbie's Lounge...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    I read in the recent Gamer that the Revised Core Rulebook that comes out after Attack of the Clones will include six new species; the issue mentioned Gamorreon, Kel Dor, and Zabrak. Does anybody know what the other three might be?

2. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    I read in the recent Gamer that the Revised Core Rulebook that comes out after Attack of the Clones will include six new species; the issue mentioned Gamorreon, Kel Dor, and Zabrak. Does anybody know what the other three might be?

3. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001

4. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    I read in the recent Gamer issue that the Revised Core Rulebook that comes out after Attack of the Clones will feature numerous new features, including six new primary species. The Gamer mentions Gamorreon, Ked Dor, and Zabrak; I was wondering if anyone knows what the other three species will be?

5. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    Wow, that was kind of weird...

6. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    You only need to post each question once. :p
    I do not know what the other species are, but it is kind of disappointing that the new races that they choose to include in the new Core Rules are ones that have already been dealt with in the Alien Anthology.

7. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    No kidding that stinks royally. I would be nice to have something new aliens wise.

8. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Can someone 'adopt' me? :D

I wanna get a lowdown on all this stuff.

9. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    I like taking in new gamers, but know that once you start down the RPG path forever will it dominate you destiny; consume you it will. [face_devil]

What do you want to know?

10. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    how does it work?

I've played BG and liked it but anything more intermediate is beyond me.

11. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
  12. SoloCommand

Jun 15, 2001
    Baldurs Gate :D

13. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Think of it this way: In BG there was a predetermined story that you took your character though. In a tabletop RPG the GM develops the story and makes the characters that you will interact with. You create the character that you want, similar to how it worked in BG, but you have many more options. When the game begins, the GM will present you with your basic situation, and you will then decide what to do next. The difference between what you are used to and an RPG is that your actions are limited only by your imagination. It is the job of the GM to mold the story to fit your actions not the other way around like in computer games.

14. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    I just (finally) got the Alien Anthology source book and I was shocked to find the Bothans not included in it; I wonder if they'll be in the Revised Core Rulebook.

Anyway, I actually have a question about them. Would a member of the Bothan SpyNet be considered part of the Soldier Class? I can't think of any other class they could fit into.

15. JediMasterKadon

JediMasterKadon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    Where can I buy the SWRPG Rulebook...latest edition?

I am really interested in this and want to get involved. I have the ability to recruit tons of new enthusiasts as well.

Thanks,
    JMK

16. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    You should be able to pick up the Core Rulebook in most game & hobby shops and/or large chain bookstores like Borders, Barnes & Noble, and such.

17. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    You should be able to pick up the Core Rulebook in most game & hobby shops and/or large chain bookstores like Borders, Barnes & Noble, and such.

I would wait a month or two, though, because in April or May they are releasing the Revised Core Rulebook, which has a lot of new info (expansions, corrections, and AotC stuff).

18. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    This accidental double (and quadrupel) posting is getting frustrating... not to mention it makes me look like a jackass.

19. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    That is some weird posting style you got there, buddy. :p

The latest edition of the rules will be out in May along with AOTC :D .

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi, Bothans are in the Core book on page 247.

20. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Nov 29, 2001
    Ahh... Yes, it appears they are. I don't know how I forgot/missed that part. I must be slipping.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    To answer the other question, the typical Bothan SpyNet operative is a Scoundrel, according to the Rebellion Era Sourcebook.

22. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    *sigh* This game sounds so intruiging, but I don't know of any games in my area.

23. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    Ben just get the book, then con some friends into playing with you.

24. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    That's always the best way to do it. It is how I got hooked on RPGs.

25. JediMasterKadon

JediMasterKadon Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    Hi

I was just wondering if someone could email me (dbinns1987au@hotmail.com) with a basic overview of what the SWRPG is, and just a basic 'how to play' thingy.

Nothing extensive, just enough to get me interested :).

Thanks alot,

JMK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.