main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Enlighten Me, Master!" Newbie's Lounge...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Mistress_Renata, Dec 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serona

Serona Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Do character's wounds "heal" between rounds?

for example:

Campaign has 4 scenes. Play goes for two scenes then stops for a week or so. During scene 2 character receives X wounds.

As characters start scene 3 (say 2 weeks later) do wounds remain or are they "healed"? If they remain, is the only way to "heal" them "in round"?

Thanks.

2. Kyle_Kincade

Kyle_Kincade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Need a little help in a character info change
    'Coz as of now he's a LV4 Scout and with some point gains the GM awarded him for a just concluded battel he'd ask that he be a Scout 4/Force Adept 1/solider.

Kyle Kincade

3. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Do character's wounds "heal" between rounds?

Serona...

If the amount of time between scene 2 and 3 is 2 weeks of time "in game" then use the healing rates in the rule book. If they only took vitality points they should be fully healed in that amount of time (since vitality points return on an "hourly" basis I believe). If they took some wound points they may still be able to be fully healed in 2 weeks of game time depending on how many points they've taken and the quality of care they receive.

I'm not really sure if your talking about the week or 2 between scenes being "in game" or actual real time between playing sessions.

Hope this helps you out.

4. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Kyle_Kincade, when your character levels, he can take a level of an additional class becoming a Scout 4/Force Adept 1, but it is not possible to gain a level of two different classes, in one gaming session.

5. Serona

May 7, 2002
    thanks Midnightguard. You've helped!

Now please give me a boot to the head for not first looking up the healing table in the RCRB.

6. Midnightguard

Midnightguard Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2002
    Serona... ah don't worry about it, glad I could help. We can just rack this one up as a slight case of "Cranial Flagelence" (aka a "Brain Fart") which we all suffer from from time to time :)

7. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
  8. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001

***Boot to the head***

:p

9. Kyle_Kincade

Kyle_Kincade Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Oh, is that so 'cuz this is what the GM emailed me.....
    To go ahead and add the soldier level and that it should look like this..
    Scout 4 / Force Adept 1 / Soldier 1 and that i could even become one of the Chancellor's Guards perhaps being that as of my last post in the game i'm in discussion with a Master Dooku guy .And beside i've opted not to enter the Jedi Order even thought he is Force Adept and had use of Force Grip a couple of times and had gained some DSP.
    This is in part cause of his age(he's around 10 and would be as Yoda say."too old to begin the training.") and also 'cuz of a History storyline thing.

Kyle Kincade

10. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    So did the boot hurt?

Yes that is why.

11. Serona

May 7, 2002
    ***Boot to the head***

*wummph*

Ouch. Thank you master.

I am pennitent.

12. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    I have a character with Stength 14 using a quarter staff. Base attack bonus is 11. Character has ambidexterity feat and two weapon fighting feat. How many attacks does this character get and at what bonuses?

13. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Very good, Ed Gruberman.

Quiwan, the character has three basic melee attacks at +13/+8/+3. The quartestaff allows him to make one additional attack, but with penalties. With the feats that you have the penalty is reduced to -2 on each attack. If you take all your available attacks your bonuses are +11/+11/+6/+1. I am nice to my players and let them use the highest attack bonus on the extra attack.

14. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    Thank you, that is what I thought but one of my players right now seems to think the Two Weapon feat gives him yet another attack as in +11/+11/+11/+6/+1. I thought that seemed crazy but wanted to be sure I had been doing it right.

15. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    The two weapon feat just reduces the penalties for using two weapons or, in this case, a double weapon.

16. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    It does say that you get an extra attack though.

17. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    Two-Weapon Fighting
    You can fight with a weapon in each hand. You can make one extra attack per round with the second weapon. Both weapons must make the same kind of attack, either both ranged attacks or both melee attacks.
    Benefit: Your penalties for fighting with two weapons is lessened by 2.
    Normal: See page 156 table 8-3.
    Special: The Ambidexterity feat lessens the attack penalty for the second weapon by 4.

Because an additional attack is not listed as a benefit, I read the description of the feat as simply reiterating what happens when you use two weapons, not as granting an additional attack on top of the standard extra weapon attack.

18. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
  19. Kir_Salonane

Kir_Salonane Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2002
    If two combatants run past each other, how is it determined which one draws the attack of oppurtunity?

20. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    The one that is currently moving will draw the Attack of Opportunity from the character that is not moving. Because the way combat works, a character only moves on his initiative, therefore the two character will not move at the same time. But if A moves past B, drawing an AOO, and then on his initiative, B moves past A, B gets to return the favor.

21. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Feb 21, 2001
    That was a good question, I'll have to remember that.

22. Jedi_Master_Lennier

Jedi_Master_Lennier Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2001
    Thank you, that is what I thought but one of my players right now seems to think the Two Weapon feat gives him yet another attack as in +11/+11/+11/+6/+1. I thought that seemed crazy but wanted to be sure I had been doing it right.

Your player may be getting confused with the Improved Two weapon feat this would give him +11/+11/+6/+6/+1.

23. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Can anyone tell me what Archetypes and Prestige Classes were in Gamer #1, 2, 3, 6, and 7?

24. Fingorfin

Nov 7, 2001
    1: none

2: PC-Privateer

3:none

6: Archetype-Freelancer

7: Archetype-Dilettante
    PC-Vehicle Ace

25. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    thanks Fingorfin. I actually knew that there weren't any in #1, but I forgot because I was listing the issues I don't have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.