main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The EP3 toys aren't that great...

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Crimsus, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimsus

Crimsus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    Ok,I'm not sure which category this goes into on the forums, so I picked this one.

I'm not sure how many other people have purchased any of the new EP3 toys, but I'm really unhappy with their design. Here's a few examples:

1) Anakins/Obi-Wans Jedi Starfighter
    a) Stickers that are almost impossible to place inside the cockpit.
    b) A slot for droids that is advertised as being able to accept R2 style droids. This is true if you use an R2 style droid from any other edition of the Star Wars toys EXCEPT the EP3 droids, the EP3 droids won't fit.

2) Padme Figure
    a) Yes, we know she is pregnant in the movie, but only 1 figure?

3) Anakin/Obi-Wan figures
    a) Despite what the Jedi Starfighter toys state on the box, these figures really don't fit that well in the cockpits, due to the fact that the legs don't bend at the hip, which means they have to lay in the cockpit, which just looks goofy and dumb. What is even worse is that the Red Leader version of Obi-Wan is supposed to be a pilot, and can't fit in the cockpit the right way.

4) R2 Figure
    a) Yes, R2 has many different tools, but to design this figure so that the center foot/leg assembly is spring-loaded is dumb. It's impossible to get R2 to "stand" upright, and in the "reclined" position, the figure has to lean way to far back.

I called Hasbro and told them about all these problems. The response I got was "These toys were thoroughly play-tested and have no known defects". That's it, they didn't even respond to the leg bending problem in the cockpit or anything.

Anyway, I think that those of us who are dedicated fans and collectors need to send a message to Hasbro and the folks that work for George Lucas and let them know these toys aren't that great when it compared to the toys Kenner made. I have a 9 year old brother that hates his starfighter because he can't get the figures to fit.

-Crimsus

2. LadyZaraMarta

LadyZaraMarta Jedi Master star 5

Aug 21, 2004
    Sounds like many of the toys were rushed and not designed well.

Yes I was disappointed that there was only 1 Padme figure...pregnant..and it didn't even look like her in my opinion.

I much prefer the books myself.

3. Crimsus

Crimsus Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 31, 2004
    I think we should do what we can to get the message out to everyone to try and contact the folks that work for George Lucas and let them know these toys aren't making the fans very happy.

-Crimsus

4. EmperorArtimus

EmperorArtimus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2005
    Honestly someone should just use the mind trick and get them to fix the problem.. LOL ok.. But anyways I think they did not really put much thought into the toys. Now if only the master series saber jilts weren't freaking .45.. That's way too small. anyways sorry about my rant.

5. LordDarthDevaious

LordDarthDevaious Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2005
    I was disappointed in:

Grievous' Wheel Bike
    The lack of articulation on the Clone Troopers deluxe figure pack
    The terrible face on the Anakin on Mustafar
    Padme

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Well at least when it comes to Padmé figures there was a petition made in the collecting forum here at the boards, and that one was handed over to representatives of both Hasbro and Sideshow, since they are taking over the 12" line.

7. Jedi_Hunter_66

Jedi_Hunter_66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Am I one of the only one's here who actually likes the toys?

Espescially the Clone Commander ones.

8. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I don't dislike all the toys. They're just some that I don't like.

I love the clone commander action figures, actually all the clones except for the three-packs (almost no articulation), and the BARC speeder that comes with a Kashyyyk trooper instead of a BARC trooper.

9. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i`m disappointed in the commander bacarra figure, it looks cool but try to stand him up and it`s almost impossible, crappy action feature too.

and what is the point of having starfighters that the character can`t fit into? (as previously posted)

the only decent figures that are spot on so far are the clone commander, R2 (although what`s with the accessories with #7?) and vader. these are the only figures i haven`t got a problem with, the others have got some stupid problems, be it action features, rubbish poseability or a poor face sculpt (anakin #50, non crispy face anyone?)

of course this is just IMHO!!

10. RubberRonny

RubberRonny Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    I didn't like the Vader toy at all. I tried for hours, but I couldn't get him to force choke anyone. Not even Padme's action figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.