main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Waco, TX THE EPISODE 2 DVD IS AWESOME BABY!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DARTHGOON, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHGOON

DARTHGOON Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    The picture and sound are as good as i have ever seen and heard.The deleted scenes are pretty cool too.BEST DVD TO DATE!!!!!!!!!

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    what can the lucky 3 tell us about it?

3. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    WooHooo - slipping further into the Dark Side - watching dvd instead of studying

BAD ME! BAD ME!

~~~~~~~~~~~
    It has all the web stuff, the documentaries, etc. on the 2nd disk. And the sound really is VERY good. :D

4. Jedi_Kristen

Jedi_Kristen Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!!

What's going on here? What is everyone talking about? There are a few unlucky Jedis that didn't get to go. Need the info people!

5. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    After the 8:00 show got out...there was a guy who had a couple of Episode II DVD's thathe was selling for $20. Michelle, Nick, and Robert got THE DVD. :(

6. Nabooty_Call

Nabooty_Call Former RSA / Obi-Wan Impersonator star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 11, 2000
    The dvd rocks...haven't gotten to check out the disc 2 stuff, except for the deleted scenes. I'd like to see a cut of the film with most of 'em pasted back in.

And, though it may not flow correctly with the Mace/Yoda/Obi discussion, the Mace/Obi Jedi starfighter take-off scene is superb :D

Love the Senate scene and Padme's family stuff too :cool:

7. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    I watched most of disc 2 last night, first of all I just want to say to the people who don't have a copy yet. SWEEEET SASSSY MOLLAAAASSSY!!! IT'S FREAKIN SWEET! the pics. on the dvd's alone are woth $10, then the deleted scenes w/intros. awesome! I really wish they could have fit Padme's parents house in, and I haven't watched the movie yet.

8. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    Did anyone else see the gag reel [face_laugh]

9. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Where is that blasted thing? I have been looking for it since someone told me about it [face_plain]

10. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    As for the gag reel, this is how to get it to work on Pioneer and Sony players.

Sony:
    1. Go to "Options"
    2. Press "1" twice, and then "Enter"
    3. Press "3" once, and then "Enter"
    4. Press "8" once, and then "Enter"

Pioneer:
    1. Stop the disc in your player
    2. Press "3" on your remote
    Taken from this thread :)

11. BroodMcEto

BroodMcEto Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2002
    Yessireebob. This is hella good.
    Was a little frustrated when I tried to access the gag reel. Then I let go of my anger. The force flowed through me. Yep... I like the part where Jango's shadowboxing and falls off. My personal fave.

Also, check this out if you can. I think it is completely coincidence, but at the 1:14:05 to 1:14:07 point (Anakin outside the hut) it looks interesting. I noticed this the first time I saw the movie and have looked at it everytime.

As Padmé comes out, Anakin turns his head a little. The shadow that is cast on the hut moves a little and is skewed by the corners a little. To me, it looks like his shadow turns into that of none other than D. Vader. My wife has missed it everytime, but I see it. Do you? I think that if this was intentional, it is the greatest subtleties concerning the Skywalker/Vader connection. If it was accidental, then it is the coolest accidents I've ever seen.

The DVD rocks. My uncle-in-law said Toys'R'Us is selling it this weekend at $9.99.... but too late for me!!!

12. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    If you watch the commentary you get to find out where the TIE fighters and the X-Wing is at :D

13. Xanatos12

Xanatos12 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 13, 2002
    I think I saw the gag reel it was on after the 2nd disc ended the yhad naboo cows in place of republic gunships(hahahah!)I thnk evyone would agree though that it is twice as good as EPI.

14. Darth_Mauled

Darth_Mauled Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 16, 2002
    You can barely see the Tie Fighters and X-wing.

15. jango-joe1

Apr 25, 2001
    Nick, that was the Pre-Visualization gag reel :p and it was pretty damn funny.

For the movie gag reel, you put in the Disc One of your AOTC DVD and you go into the Options menu.

You look at you DVD remote and you look at the numbers. Some are different but most of them have a 10+ button. Well you press that and then you hit 1. Wait for the disc to read it and then you press 3...wait for the disc to read it again...then you press 8 and the gag reel should come up.

If you saw the gag reel in the Episode I DVD...just do the exact same thing on the Episode II DVD

16. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    Yippeeeee! I finally saw it. Way too cool! :D

17. Flashbacca

Jun 11, 2002
    [face_laugh] watched it again!!!!!

meesa bein reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal bad :)

18. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    So much better then the Ep1 gag reel

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.