main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN The Episode III SPOILER thread (Enter at your own risk!)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by kenobi420, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bullseye

Bullseye Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 22, 2003
    When I heard the Droid General, I thought they were going to supe up the Droid COmmander from TPM.

I think it's just a fanboys wet dream to have Greivous to have a human brain.

You are right, it is a "have to see to believe" so here is to the final episode of Clone Wars

2. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Dudes!!! :eek: go to this thread NOW!!!

http://boards.theforce.net/Episode_III_(Spoilers_Allowed)/b10331/14663556/p1

footage of some of the duals has leaked and screen grabs are there. They are small and hard to see but there is even an anamated Gif of what is believed to be the moment Anakin decides to turn compleatly. its very fracking scary. It's all blue and green screen but oh man. There are saber fighting shots of anakin and Obiwan that look like they are really really trying to kill each other bad! :eek:

3. JEDI_MASTER_FLASH

JEDI_MASTER_FLASH Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2003
    Message removed by administration request.

4. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Cool stuff. Thanks for sharing. :)

Swamp troopers and Flying troopers are from the Jedi Outcast video games so they are not brand new things. I wonder if they are the rumored EU characters in Ep3 or if they are just going to make some figures based on the games now.

5. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    OMG if you havent watched the leaked Video yet your gonna be sorry. :eek: :eek:

Wholly crap this Duel is going to rock!

6. Darth_Jaxon

Darth_Jaxon Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2001
    I agree Doright...****! Hayden is hella badass and the duel is going to rock. I cannot wait until 2005.

7. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    No kidding. The look on his face in that Video when he's fighting Obiwan! :eek: Is there any doubt that we are looking at Darth Vader there. The intensity is beyond anything I've seen before. Plus then there is that shot with the flashing light which I guess is force lightning from another sith who shall not be named. His eyes are just scary.

8. Doright

Jun 10, 1999

Edit. Gifs removed. sorry. :(

9. Fenix

Fenix Jedi Master star 3

Feb 14, 2000
    Those are great! Thanks for posting them, Doright! :)

10. Snidely_Whiplash

Snidely_Whiplash Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2002
    This is awesome. I can so not wait to see this movie.

I've gone into a Star Wars Obsession time. :eek:

I can't even sit through Star Trek lately because my mind is so focused on Star Wars.

I think I am going to pop. Good thing Spidey 2 comes out this Summer. at least that will give me SOMETHING else to focus on.

11. Darth_Jaxon

Jun 19, 2001
    May 2005 seems a long, long way off. I just can't stand the wait. At least I'll have making fun of Spiderman 2 to distract me.

12. Yoda_ate_Mirax

Yoda_ate_Mirax Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    That little video was pretty sweet. You have fed my appetite for the time being.

13. TK-4376

TK-4376 Jedi Youngling

Sep 25, 2003
    I saw the whole 15 min thing on that dual! Sweet!! Obi is killer bad ass and hayden actually looks mad in this one. (is about time he acts!!) If you guys have a chance to see it, we saw the film (blue screen) of Mace fighting hayden and then obi against 4 guys that had double edged saber but they were dressed in blue in front of a blue screen so who knows yet what they will look like once rendered.

14. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Mace fighting hayden and then obi against 4 guys that had double edged saber

The guys Obiwan is fighting are not using Double bladed sabers per-say. It is believed They are using the New separatist staff weapon that we were shown in Hyperspace that is designed to fend off light sabers.

It is believed that the scene in that video is when Obiwan is facing General Grevious's Jedi Hunters who will be using those staff weapons.

We saw them practicing with the staffs on the web cam and they were not fighting as if using a lightsaber staff. The way they gripped it would have cut their hands off. :eek:

I saw the whole 15 min thing on that dual

Dude! LOL. Mesa thinks your watch is acting funny. :) Either that or you were in such a fan boy gushy mood that time stopped. ;) :D

Seriously, If there was a 15 minute deal it was on more than just the Duel. Nick Gillard has already told us the Duel is set to be 10-12 minutes long in total finshed running time in the movie. :)

At least I'll have making fun of Spiderman 2 to distract me.

LOL. :) That means you'll have to go see it to make fun of it. ;) [face_devil] Nothing is more wrong than dissing a movie you have never seen. [face_mischief]

15. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    Hayden looked really evil in the video [face_devil]

16. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Yea, and in that Behind the helmet Picture on hyperspace.

I love that picture.

17. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    I liked the first "Before the Helmet" picture ;)

18. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Yea say what you will about Hayden. He can look evil. It's in the eyes. Just look at his eyes when he's in evil mode. It's scary.

I still get chills when watching Ep2 with that look he gets after his mom dies. 100% Darth Vader!

19. Bullseye

Jan 22, 2003
    In Episode III it will be 200% Vader

20. Doright

Jun 10, 1999

LOL. Maybe but I am hoping for 200% Obiwan. :D

Vader is going to get his @$$ kicked in a big way. The Punk will be put in his place.

Come May 2005 we will know who is the Master and who is the Learner. :D

Obiwan Owns Anakin. In Ep4 he let Vader win. Not because he couldn't beat him. He wanted Luke to get away. Obiwan couldn't kill Vader because he knows they need Anakin to get Palpitine. Luke is there only choice to turn Anakin back and Obiwan Gave his life so Luke could get away. They needed Luke to be trained first so he could resist turning. Had Vader got Luke then and there Luke would have been an easy turn and there would be no hope of Turning Anakin back.

Sorry. I guess this just goes with my theory that Obiwan and Yoda's plan with Luke wasn't for him to destroy Vader and the Emperor. They wanted to use him to bring Anakin Back.

21. Darth_Jaxon

Jun 19, 2001
    So what does everyone think of the big spoilers the past few days? First we see the new Clonetroopers and finally we get a glipse at General Grevious. Frankly, I'm pretty darn impressed with both. My excitement level for EP III just went up a few notches (if that's possible).

22. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    Huh. Been busy. haven't looked into the spoilers of late.

huh.. Not as bad as I thought. though it was the 4 armed 4 lightsaber thing I like the least and this picture doesn't confirm that from what I Can see. Maybe that is meant as a shock moment or something.

Still reminds me of Durge. It's surprises me that Lucas let them do Durge with this guy in his story.

23. Doright

Jun 10, 1999
    General Grevious... Prepair your men. [face_plain]

[image=http://www.supershadow.com/pictures/4/general_grievous_clone_wars.jpg]

Mmmmmmmm. This would be a fracking cool Battle Droid IMHO. A saber wielding Battle Droid would rock all. I Guess it's the reports of him being a cyborg that got me going mmmmmm? Where are the real parts? Could it be just the brain that is real?

He looks a lot like a Genosian which isn't bad I guess.

keep in mind this is the clone wars Cartoon Version.

It'll be as close to the real Grevious as the Clone Wars toon Obiwan is to Ewan Mcgregor. :p

Hyperspace promises a close up look next week. :cool: All final judgement held till then. :)

24. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    Yeah, it is hard to conceptualize something based on a 'cartoon' image, but did you forget about this image from a little while back?

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/books.cgi?Books=books/images/boba-fett-5.jpg Here's a direct link

It's the cover of Boba Fett #5, and I think he looks pretty bad-ass here... :)

ps~ Doug, how do ya get the little thumbnail image to appear in the post? I couldn't get it to work right... :)

25. Doright

Jun 10, 1999

it's [ image=URLHERE] :)

However, with theforce.net images you don't want to use the "CGI" URL which doesn't link the image. It only links the web page. Those wont work.

Right click the image and go to properties to find the actual URL of the image. :)

For this image it is

http://theforce.net/books/images/boba-fett-5.jpg

[image=http://theforce.net/books/images/boba-fett-5.jpg]

also FYI If the URL is too long it wont work. Something with how it's decoded. I don't know exactly how long is too long. :( sorry.

Yea he looks better on that cover but then you only see his face there.

I still want to see how the 4 arm thing is going to work. From the toon image I don't see how 2 more arms will come into play. Maybe being mostly droid they are something that detach and attach. *shrugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.