main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The EPISODE IX - Rise of Skywalker - Thread - Untagged Spoilers Allowed!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So um.....

Who wants to bet will see a Planet called (And forgive my butchering of it) Hannabattin in Ep 9....Hannabattin being the original concept for Coruscant back during the Early drafts of Ep 6.

In fact who wants to bet will see a bunch of early ideas for Ep 6 make it into this movie that were never used for one reason or another.

2. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Had Abbadon.

Jedi Ben and Link1130 like this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Thats it! :D

Jedi Princess likes this.
  4. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    I wish "Had Abbadon" had been recycled in TFA as Kylo's name.

Or Snoke's.

Though I suppose "Knights of Abbadon" is a bit on the nose.

* Or, better yet, as Palpatine's Sith name back in TPM, with "Darth" remaining unique to Vader

Revanfan1, jSarek and Hamburger_Time like this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Lol

Speaking of Knights since the ST has been taking a lot from the legends of King Arthur i do wonder if there will be a figurative or literal fight with a Dragon as most of these type of mythological stories tend to go down near the end.

6. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    How has the ST been taking from Arthur? It sounds cool but I'm not seeing it. They should have thrown a lightsaber into a lake. :p

7. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    The whole mystical weapon calling to its new wielder is pretty Arthurian.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Kylun and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not so certain of that - in terms of darkness, the ST matches NJO for me, even exceeding it and a good part of the mass audience had no problem with it.

9. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    There are also parallels with Arthur leaving Camelot, Mordred moving in, their confrontation and resulting "Once and Future" status of the hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    srsly?

Maz literally lives in a lake and offers Rey a magic sword.

(And going by the name of said lake, they're really not going for subtlety here)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    MrDarth0, Kylun, BigAl6ft6 and 11 others like this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Listen. Strange women living beside ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony. You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some short tart threw a sword at you!

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    The only OT pre-production concept I keep thinking we'll see in Episode IX is when Lucas had an ROTJ draft that had Yoda and Obi-Wan manifest physically in the real world and Yoda blowin' up trees as a Force Ghost shows that there is a lot more to Force Ghosts than we know. Anyway, I'd love it if Luke's part was more than the Force Ghost pep Talk to Rey.

Semi-related, Hamill apparently shaved his beard recently which has let to some rampant beard-related speculation, as usual. It's Episode VI pre-production all over again!

14. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Yes Force ghosts need to addressed further in this movie; if not then in the Visual Guide or novelization.

What I'm hoping for is a medium between TFA and TLJ. Not just like ROTJ like TFA was but no so different like TLJ. God I wish Ron Howard was directing this instead of Abrams...….

15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    While I'm very happy with Abrams returning, I would love to see Howard get another Star War under his belt, something hopefully that he can develop from the ground up.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    spicer and Krueger like this.
  16. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    He found a living partner in Last Shot.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

Darth_Duck likes this.
  17. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    I finally watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and woof... that was absolutely terribly written. Just abominable. To be fair, there were some very original ideas (for the series at least) in it, but that was counterbalanced with some bottom of the barrel idea reuse, and both categories were executed with complete ineptitude.

I may have very little faith in JJ Abrams but I can honestly say that IX under him is assuredly going to be better than whatever Treverrow would have subjected us to. That is maybe the one case in the various Lucasfilm/Marvel/DC director firings where I have no complaints.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Interesting! I found Fallen Kingdom to be very entertaining and well-written. I thought it was better than the first Jurassic World, in fact.

19. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    That's a super low bar, to be fair.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  20. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I mean, I enjoyed the first one, too, just thputho the second was better. To each their own, of course!

21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Same here.

Haven't seen the second one yet

22. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    As I said, it had some very interesting ideas in it as part of the general outline of the movie. Much more original than anything in JPIII or Jurassic World. But then it was accompanied by other ideas that were complete mining of the previous four movies, and characterization that was barely there at best (stuffy, vaguely British philanthropist who we're told was actually super important from the beginning; precocious Spielbergian child; comedic nerd; sassy Latina doctor; Trump-quoting military henchman; two separate greedy corporate suits).

I did think the directing was good, and a number of shots in particular were very well composited. I'd welcome a J. A. Bayona-directed Star Wars movie.

23. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    cringe

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Found this tweet regarding Chris Terrio tenure at WB

I feel we don't talk about him enough, plus I'm curious what he contributed to the script considering they had it out quite early this cycle (Though who knows how most scripts for thes SW movies take to write) obviously they'll be re-writers and what not during shooting since that is to be expected. But i think it's a interesting topic to bring up.

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Terrio's work on Batman V Superman I actually like if you talk about story structure, scene construction and dialogue patter. The big plot moves, *cough*Martha! Doomsday!*Cough* seems pretty much exclusively notions brought by Zack Synder that Terrio had to integrate. Hard to judge what he contributed to Justice League, esp based upon that above twittering. But Argo is great! So, yah, if Abrams lets Terrio come up with some cool scene structure reveals and some decent prattle, it should be good (But Abrams himself is pretty decent at writing zippy back and forth dialogue).

Fun fact: Abrams wrote a Superman script featuring called Superman: Flyby that never got made but Terrio's did! Maybe they can compare notes!

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.