main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~The ESB Gusher Society~

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Lord Mauly Mall, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    A couple of weeks ago I went to a showing of the trilogy (special edition). In ESB I was particularly struck by the awesome use of the Imperial March to accentuate the awesome might of the Empire leading up to and during the Battle of Hoth. Prime examples are when we first see the Executor, when we see the Fleet approaching Hoth as the March really kicks in, and when the snowtroopers run into the base followed by Vader. All those scenes inspire reactions of oooh yeeeaaah from me. :D

Unfortunately, during the wonderfully intense escape from Cloud City with its amazing scoring, suddenly--GAH! Stupid Vader's shuttle arriving on the Executor scene!! WHY, GEORGE, WHY?!? I hate that scene! It totally messes up the pacing and the music. Grrrr. That's one of the big reasons why I normally watch the original version of ESB.

2. Darthkarma

Darthkarma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2000

Another reason that scene is irritating is that it is so obviously an unused take from Return of the Jedi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.