main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The essence of the Saga (another try to mend differences)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by DARTHCLANDESTINE, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHCLANDESTINE

DARTHCLANDESTINE Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2005
    Just spare me a bit of attention (then blast me if you think Im off my rocker [face_devil])

We have discussed several times the relationship between Anakin and Padme (several threads about positive and negative) and relationship between Luke and Vader (p and n as well).

I am now attempting to get finally put to rest the debates between the OT and PT (but not stop discussion), between sections of fans. I will try to "merge" all your collective thoughts into one "essence", with the hope that the Saga becomes satisfying to all parties.

To make it short and sweet, these are my thoughts.

In ESB, we hear that Vader is obsessed in searching for Luke. But AOTC we know that Anakin is obsessed with Padme.

In AOTC Anakin tries to get Padme to be with him (against the knowledge of the Jedi), in ESB Vader tries to get Luke to with him (but that the Emperor knows he wants that).

In AOTC Anakin "succeeds" in being with Padme, but in the backdrop the Clone Wars begin (arguably the Republic no longer is the Republic), therefore in ROTS as we see Republic has indeed become the Empire.

In ESB Vader "fails" in getting Luke to join him, which then means that it'll still be two Sith (getting on in age without a younger successor). However, in ROTJ Luke "succeeds" in getting Vader to change and by killing the Emperor its ends the Empire's true reign.

See the connection?

Anyone would like to polish this? Discuss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.