main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    Hey! A new planet: "Huttursk" gets mentioned in the first episode of Jabba!. According to Jabba, his band will "be the biggest hit since Dagga of Huttursk made his debut!"

There is no indication of where it is, but presumably somewhere in Hutt Space. Will this be in time to make it into the latest update?

~ Eyrezer

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Impressive. :)

3. Tyber

Tyber Jedi Knight

Mar 12, 2009
    Additionally we found some obscure Rebel Alliance source material named "The R-Team" with a striking image of Cal Omas - maybe you also want to check it for some new planets? ;)

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    [obligatory]I pity the fool![/obligatory]

5. JMM

JMM Author: The Forgotten War, SW Fact File star 3 VIP

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm a little late to the party here, but I really like hearing that. It's something I've noticed on the Wookieepedia when people add a character from a certain species and just assume, for example, that a Rodian is from Rodia. The way the SW galaxy seems to work, I don't see any reason why many, many individuals of various species would not be born on other planets. Just the huge multi-species population of Coruscant alone sort of guarantees it.

6. Taral-DLOS

Taral-DLOS Jedi Master star 3

Jun 29, 2009
    Especially since there are already indications of aliens from colony worlds. even in G-canon (I'm thinking specifically of the two Gran senators (Ask Aak and Ainlee Teem? Or maybe also Aks Moe?) who were from Malastare. Malastare is clearly a major Gran colony world (and homeworld of the Dug), to the point where the planet is represented by Gran in the Senate, and almost all Gran we've seen in the films (except Ree-Yees) have been born there, and not on the homeworld (whose name I cannot recall right now).

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    There were three different reps for Malastare, but IIRC two were retconned to being literal Representatives with Aks Moe as the actual Senator.

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Alas, it was part of the Wook's April Fool's joke. Still, wonderfully done.

9. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    The Gran homeworld is Kinyen. Due to the Prequel Trilogy's use of Malastare, I doubt that Kinyen will ever be remembered as their homeworld outside of a few EU references. The EU did a good job of retconning Malastare into a Gran colony world, but Kinyen definately appears to play second fiddle to it's colony.

Ironically, we see very little of colony worlds in Star Wars that are non-human. Off the top of my head, I can only think of the following signifcant alien species with colonies:

1. Neimoidians (Cato, Deku, and Koru)
    2. Zabrak (eight colonies)
    3. Bothans (Kothlis, Mandell, Sennatt)
    4. Mon Calamari (Mantan, Hinaku, Ruisto, others)

I know that there are others, but it is pretty interesting that we don't see alot of major colony systems. I suppose this is because many species keep their colonies within their home sectors (Bothans, Mon Cals, etc), but it would be cool to see some of these worlds.

--Adm. Nick

10. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    That doesn't mean it can't be canon. :p Hint hint.

11. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    If any April Fool's planets are going to be canonized, I think Andowyne has a better shot than Huttursk. [face_praying]

12. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I agree. It'd be pretty cool to see some other nonhuman colonies. Even the colonies that we have seen could be put to better use.

13. Xoxaan11594

Xoxaan11594 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2009
    I am working on a Tion Cluster map (basically copying Modi's off of starwars.com) and I can't read the name of the planet closest to Lorrad. A description isn't provided, so I need some help.

14. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Jhantoria. It's mentioned in the online supplement as where Xim defeated the Livien League.

15. Malachi108

Malachi108 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2009
    The latest UK TCW comics introduces the planet Maarka.

16. Xoxaan11594

Xoxaan11594 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2009
  17. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    is the Voss in Old Republic the same as the one in Atlas, or a new planet same name bearing?

18. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Same planet.

19. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    First, queries for Jason:
    Will any of your upcoming works name these species:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Felucian_%28farmer%29
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Seripas
    And will the Atlas updates include homeworlds for the Frenk, Faust, or Kyuzo?

OK, here are NOTES
    Ghaina p 345--one of the earliest colonies, yet remote; "Ghainan" inhabitants are thus apparently human, but with unique coloration

"Coryx Moth" p 10--a ship, assumedly named after a type of insect, assumedly from a planet called Coryx

"Adikarian" p 77--presumably a species or ethnos, presumably from a planet Adikar or Adikaria

Lanteeb--human inhabited world, Malor-Seventy-seven system, Outer Rim, on a route to Ryoone, halfway between Rattatak and Bespin

Agomar--home to a Whaladon colony! p 229

Roa rice p 304--possibly from a planet called Roa?

Taratos IV (Taratos Four)--a planet on the "lip" of the Unknown Regions; had an archaeological dig, so presumably has a vanished (native?) civilization

Rocantor--inhabited by humans, who sold off indigenous Rocanar into slavery

Pamina Prime--a world inhabited by shellfish which, if eaten, cause Borotavi syndrome

ADDENDUM
    from Purge the Hidden Blade

Otavon XII (Otavon 12)--has an AT-AT construction facilit and a native species, called Ovoni in the text but called "Otavi" on the inside of the cover

20. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Jason, is the "Pitrolea" in the Online Appendix the homeworld of the "Patrolian" species from CW cartoon, and should it be considred a misspelling?

21. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Yes. Should be Patrolia. Dangers of phonetics and getting fancy.

22. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    Ganzik--a planet in the Mid Rim, orbited by the primary shipyard of Mesens Corporation where they make the SCT scout ships

Anarris / Altiria --alternate names for the same Unknown Regions planet, inhabitted by two near-human species, the Anarrians and Altiri; 2 moons: Sacava and Priva, the former an Anarrian colony, latter an Altiri colony

O'reen--an Unknown Regions world just beyond Unknown Regions border, near-human O'reenians

Durace--Unknown Regions world orbitted by Outpost 17

the Stratos Distribution--a cloud of asteroids and comets where the Luguubra species originated, in Unknowne Regions, near Croke Reach and probably near Tchuukthai homeworld

Croke Reach--region containing Crakull

Iol--Unknown Regions planet, orbitted by Iol Station

Mnemos--an Unknown Regions planet essentially just a giant computer

Volik--an Unknown Regions planet, a shadowport

"the Xaxan world"--an Unknown Regions world CREATED by the Xaxan

Peroenia--an Unknown Regions planet near Giaca, homeworld of near-human Peroenians

Shor--an Unknown Regions planet near Giaca, homeworld of near-human Shorak

Giaca--an Unknown Regions planet in the Giaca system, Shorak colony

Endelaan--an Unknown Regions planet with a colony

Veroleem--Unknown Regions planet with a human colony

Mugg Fallow--the possible homeworld of Mnngal-Mnngal, in the Unknown Regions

the Nihil Retreat-area of 12 Rhandite colonies that surround the Perann Nebula

the Rakatan Archipelago--a string of worlds with surviving Rakata colonies, unknown to rest of galaxy (note that only Makatak and Tulpaa have advanced tech, the others are primitive)"
    *Makatak
    *Tulpaa
    *Persappa
    *Fitomp
    *Hilak
    *Griwstrik

23. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Any relation?

24. Senator_Cilghal

Jul 19, 2003
    I thought of that too, but probably coincidence. Mnemos from that comic is a BRT, which, while large, is not planet-sized, plus she is on Fusai, not in the Unknown Regions.

Mnemos from this new source is the size of a planet IN OF ITSELF!

The relation would be linguistic, though. "Mnemos-" comes from the Greek for "memory." How would that translate into SW Terms? Old High Galactic maybe?

Or is it just possible, just speculation, the Unknown Regions Mnemos is (as you suspect) a BRT "gone rogue" that has augmented itself and evolved in a Star Trek The Motion Picture sense? [I hope not, bc I hate that movie].

25. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Awww, there are worst Star Trek movies...

TC