main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Quickly: Stennaros's sector and Quarzite will be in the next update.

Awkward segue: Since I don't have an A&A thread (do those even exist anymore?) forgive me for putting this here.

Star Wars Reads Day is Saturday, Oct. 6 and I'll be at Word in Greenpoint. (Which is a neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, for those of you whose sense of geography doesn't look like that famous New Yorker cover.) There'll be a costume parade, stormtroopers, prizes, giveaways and audiobook wizard Marc Thompson and I talking a bit about what we do. The primary goal is to get kids reading, but of course I'll be happy to sign books and would love to talk Warfare/Atlas/Darth Maul/Whatever's on your mind. So if you're local, come on out!

Details here, and here is more about Star Wars Reads Day. Even if you're not local to Brooklyn, there's probably an event that's local to you.

Gorefiend likes this.
  2. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Authors and Artists threads do, indeed, still exist.

3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    New sector(?) - the "inhabited planets of the Zuni cluster" (SWAJ #15, p. 278)

4. Eyrezer

Eyrezer Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    So, it appears there has been a stealth update to the pdf - Yay! - but not to the main Atlas Online Companion page. Is that coming? It is a lot easier to be told what has been added/changed than having to check ourselves...

Incidentally, you may like to consider adding something related to the Chiggnash, from page 35 of Star Wars Galaxy 6; a last homage to Brian Daley?

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  5. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
  6. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    I liked all the TCW locations being added. As well as Validusia, of course. Nice to see SSDs out of the Core/Colonies. [face_mischief]

7. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    full list of added stuff? or need I search myself? O:) yeah I am lazy... bookselling and work is busy these days :p

8. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I stumbled across the update three days ago when I had to verify some stuff. I can tell you that the Halthor system is on page 31! Just had to verify that tonight.

9. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Coupla things still in works. Give it a bit and it'll be much easier.

10. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Stobar confirmed for not being just a different location on Orondia. In the Expansion Region, to boot!

11. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Once everything is all said and done, I'll re-update my file.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I wonder if this was the battle group Ackbar went for at the end of Truce at Bakura.

AdmiralNick22 and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  13. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Oooooh, that would have been quite a story. Maybe even a Pearl Harbor-style attack.

14. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Someone inform Jason of this theory at once! This is a story just begging to be written!

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm also assuming that this battle group was the one that was 'distracted' by the feint of Sullust otherwise we have the issue of wondering why it wasn't at Endor or immediately rushing to Annaj. Further, I would assume the Unrepentant belonged to it.

16. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    in a rush of nostalgia... was it really 2005 when I created this topic? I feel old now... wow. It's like it's been yesterday.

17. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Looked back and realized that some of my first posts were made here!

And Sinrebirth - you stated that you thought it would be impossible for the Atlas to include placements for all the worlds mentioned in Star Wars... :p

Eyrezer, Zorrixor and CeiranHarmony like this.
  18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Gah. I hate past me :(

Edit: And my almost zealous defence of Rebellion/Supremacy is hilarious.

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    B'nish is in the Tharin Sector...

... and Qaras is in the Minyavi Sector in the Mid Rim? Minyavi in brackets? I-16... near Cerea!

I'd love to see a map of FotJ... worlds which were caught by the Liberation... worlds raided by the Tribe... routes of the Imperial Civil War... Luke's journey... Mandalorian deployments... One day, hopefully. :D

20. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004

going by my nostalgia vibe... how about you channeling your old self and doing these maps yourself based on Atlas maps? it worked for eons before we had a pretty Atlas, back when modi, you and all others collaborated on these great fanmaps I still got stored somewhere. ;)

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well, I can certainly have a go, but originally I was passing Modi condensed continuity information which made the maps, and then we all contributed towards the maps in-thread. But there is no reason why we can't keep making fan maps rather than throwing it all on Jason ;)

22. CeiranHarmony

May 10, 2004
    count me in on the fun!

23. Eyrezer

Aug 4, 2002
    Interesting! I presume that the brackets indicate that Minyavi is one of the Freestanding subsectors from that portion of the Mid Rim.

24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Another new Core Worlds sector - Demophon Sector!

25. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    I was reading the Endnotes when I noticed this:

Actually, I remember a quote from either John Knoll or Rob Coleman from one of the Hyperspace features that there were actually twice that number of pods, 2,048, modeled in the prequels. Too bad that all the Hyperspace features were taken off-line.

EDIT: I did a search but since this was part of Hyperspace I didn't find that very much. All I find was it being discussed at an RPG-forum and a Polish site. Also, the caption seems to have referred to John Knoll but it wasn't a direct quote.

EDIT 2: I posted this in the completely wrong thread at first (I posted over in the spoiler-thread for TCW, that's the peril of keeping multiple tabs open).