main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Essential Atlas and Galactic Cartography: Official Discussion

Discussion in 'Literature' started by CeiranHarmony, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Multiple mini blockades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    tbh Kenobi might've just been drinking. He does that.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    See, retcons can be fun!

jSarek likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    "Voren was lying" and "Kenobi was drunk" solves 99% of continuity errors, really.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Obi-Wan is canonically both a drinker and a liar so really we don't even need Voren.

AdmiralWesJanson likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Or maybe the mapmaker was wrong?

7. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998

[​IMG]

8. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    They overlooked Mon Cala, therefore I am boycotting the site. :p

--Adm. Nick

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Neat.

Wow, I never heard of a lot of these planets. It is particularly interesting to see a couple of isolated core worlds, especially one with a warring tribal culture. I mean, enough time gets spent on regional stereotypes that it can be easy to forget that every region has a lot of planets with many different cultures, economies, and governments. Still, one can't help but wonder how planets in the Core avoided being swallowed up by the early expansion of the Republic.

10. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Shut your mouth.

SHUT YOUR MOUTH.

11. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Next thing you know, they're going to speak ill of Senior Anthropologist Mammon Hoole!

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Naw man, Hoole's awesome. He can turn into a giant frog. Voren, however, can only turn into a Tarkin relative.

13. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    He's awesome indeed. If only he could return to us!

jSarek likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    lol I was rereading the opening to Galaxy of Fear just last night.

jSarek :D

jSarek likes this.
  15. Mikael Hasselstein

Mikael Hasselstein Jedi Padawan

May 1, 2014
    Ah, found another one in TCW Episode 4-2, where the Gungans are the only ones at hand to help out the Mon Calamari.

I've also thought of another reason why the Gungans and the Toydarians are the closest allies to be able to offer assistance to Mon Calamari and Ryloth.

16. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I still can't buy that the Gungans, who evolved in freshwater, were the best suited candidates to fight in the salty oceans of Dac...​

17. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    BTW, Pablo recently said on Twitter they finally found a location for Lothal during development of Season 3 of Rebels, and that we'll likely find it on a map before too long.

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Finally

19. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014

Did BB-8 have that piece of the map as well? :p

20. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    It will be interesting to see where it is placed. I've always been partial to putting Lothal in the Mid Rim. It is still remote, but not completely remote like the far reaches of the Outer Rim. I've always imagined it in the Truum Sector or Lantillian Sector.

--Adm. Nick

21. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wookieepedia puts it in the Outer Rim.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ography-official-discussion.21938930/page-190

"Right near Concord Dawn" might work - that spot where the Hydian Way enters the Outer Rim, seems like the perfect combination of "Outer Rim, yet important to the Empire, for its strategic location"

22. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    To be exact, Wookieepedia says that Ultimate Star Wars places it in the Outer Rim. Let us cite primary sources, shall we? (And this comes from a Wookieepedian.)

DarthSienna and Iron_lord like this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I'm pretty sure Iron_Lord knows how to cite. I'm pretty sure that everyone adds 'which cited a primary source thus its on the Wookiee in the first place'...

Even if the Tulak Hord article is immune to being edited for the most blisteringly obvious reasons in said primary sources.

LelalMekha likes this.
  24. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm definitely excited to see where Lothal (and the Lothal sector in general) is located. Jason Fry and a few people on this forum have speculated that it may be close to Kessel, due to the Lothal rebels rescuing Wookiee slaves there, but I believe those comments were made somewhere around the time of the first season. Given its presumptive proximity to Kessel, Concord Dawn, and maybe Malachor (assuming that their locations are consistent with Legends), we can probably assume it will be somewhere in the galactic "northeast" of the Outer Rim. Still, I'm really looking forward to seeing an exact placement.

25. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    I'm sorry if it came out harsh, I didn't mean it. In fact, I just wanted to point out that citing Wookieepedia as gospel (even as a proxy) is a bad habit that some have displayed in the past, which is one of the many reasons the wikia has earned a bad rep. I'm just being cautious about that. No offence taken, I hope, Iron_lord?

Iron_lord and Sinrebirth like this.