"The Essential Guide to Alien Species," by Ann Margaret Lewis, R.K. Post [Ballantine, 2001]

Discussion in 'Literature Review Forum' started by dp4m, Feb 28, 2003.

?

"The Essential Guide to Alien Species," by Ann Margaret Lewis, R.K. Post [Ballentine, 2001

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
10 (Excellent) 4 vote(s) 36.4%
9 4 vote(s) 36.4%
8 0 vote(s) 0.0%
7 2 vote(s) 18.2%
6 (Average) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
5 (Average) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
4 0 vote(s) 0.0%
3 1 vote(s) 9.1%
2 0 vote(s) 0.0%
1 (Poor) 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/books/images/alien-species.jpg]

Summary:
    An astonishing testament to the power of human imagination, the Star Wars epic has become perhaps the most captivating myth of modern times. Now comes the first detailed look at more than 150 of the most fascinating alien species that inhabit this vast galaxy. Who these creatures are, how others see them, how they evolved, where they can be found...it's all here thoroughly researched, brilliantly illustrated, packed with surprising facts, and featuring an exclusive pronunciation guide to the names of the key Star Wars species.

Discover the only alien species that can make the savage Tusken Raiders run for cover

Learn why the Hutts think they are gods -- and why their infants spend the first fifty years in the dark

Compare the tracking skills of the Ewok hunters, the legendary Wookiees, and the secretive Shistavanen wolfmen

Explore the powerful bond between the amphibious Gungan and the fiercely loyal kaadu

From Jawas, Slashrats, and Space Slugs, to Weequay, Dugs, and Gank Killers -- get the lowdown on the intriguing denizens in the Star Wars universe.

Read the TF.n Book Staff Reviews!
  3. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  4. TIEPilot051999 Force Ghost

star 7
  5. evanchester Jedi Knight

star 2
    I gave it a 9, because I thought it was just a little dry at times.
  6. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Please remember the WHY of why you're giving it a particular rating... please do not just give numbers...
  7. RahrKast Jedi Knight

star 2
    I simply had to give this masterwork a 10.
    It's unbelievable how much power of imagination went into this encyclopedia. And the little stories for each of the alien races really help to love all of the aliens! :cool:
  8. PRAC Jedi Padawan

I gave it a 10. It was the first essential guide i got and i love it, particularly the little stories in each species
  9. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    All I know of it is the Ackbar section, the online exceprt you can access. That alone was highly informative, especially his post Crystal Star battles with a returned Daala and Pellaeon, the Super Star Destroyers!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.