main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Essential Guide to OC's: The Mini Challenge Revival - Prompt the Fourth!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by OCDatabaseSock, Nov 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    [face_laugh]

There's nothing like a deathcoaster to get the creative juices flowing. I must just for straight up horror, or at least try to. >:)

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Deathcoaster!! :D [face_dancing] [face_skull] :p

I'll be back here with blood and mayhem. Possibly some blunt trauma.

3. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008

[face_skull] BONUS POINTS FOR BLUNT TRAUMA!!!![face_pumpkin]

4. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Who doesn't like a good bit of blunt trauma now and them?

5. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Can I combine that withe the OC Challenge?
    I was about to kill five guys, two probably with high heels...:p

EDIT: knowing how some of you think in here, some clarificaition: the guys don't wear the high heels, they get clobbered with them.;)

6. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    This. Sounds. Awesome! :D

The Challenge I mean. And, of course, someone getting clobbered by high-heels. :p

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Ah, an invitation to mayhem and murder. I can never resist that. :D

8. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    *Luke 'Totchi Station' voice* But, I don't watch horror films *Luke 'Totchi Station' voice*

I'll ride the Deathcoaster anyway!

9. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Can't you do both? :p

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Don't think so, BigE.
    They're serious kidnappers, not drag queens.
    Though, once I find the time I might take the chance to write about dra queen kidnappers.[face_thinking] I wonder what they'd think about Plaps...

11. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Is there any way I can convince the OC Sock to start this thread in the Non-SW area as well? I've got a couple of great ideas, but sadly enough they're not SW at the moment.

12. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Where has all the murderous entusiasm gone to? o_O

I've spoke with the NSWFF mods and they are cool with it, so I'm currently looking into putting something together...

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Mine kind of went when I started feeling ill. :( Hopefully I'll be back in fine form to come of with a veritable cornucopia of corpses soon!

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    We're totally cool with it - I'm pretty pumped. Can't wait to see some good NSW OC action! :D

15. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, I'll start off the Death-Fest then.
    Since the Halloween icons are on already, the time should be right.
    So,
    OCs, check.
    Death, check.
    Blunt trauma - uh-oh, guess I'll have to do another...;)

[u]Close your eyes[/u]

It was easy, too easy and much too tempting. Close your eyes, don't look, don't watch, don't see. But his eyes so pleading: [i]don't look away[/i]. So you don't. You look. Have to look. He's your friend, best friend. Don't leave him alone in this.

"It's all up to you."

And he's to weak to scream by now, just a whimper. Don't close your eyes, look. It's all he's got. His eyes so pleading: [i]say nothing[/i]. So you don't. You can't. Cannot betray his trust. Don't take that from him, it's the last thing he's got.

"You can stop this."

But it's a lie. Look at him, the raw flesh, the red eyes. There's all too much red to him, all over him. It hurts the eye. Don't close them. Look at him. Hold him in your gaze. It's the last touch he will know. Don't take your eyes off him.

"If that's what you want, we'll do it the hard way."

Don't look at the blades. Don't look at the tongs. Don't look at the fire, the irons, the other. Just look at him. His eyes so pleading:[i] make it end[/i]. And you can't. All you can do is watch. Endure. Be there. Don't leave him alone. It's all he's got.

"Sorry, boss."

And then they leave you alone with the dead. And they don't turn off the light. And they don't take off the cuffs. And you can't close his eyes, and they don't see any more. But you are still thre. The last thing he knows. Let it go.

You can close your eyes now.

16. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Very chilling Lanna! =D= [face_skull]

17. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Agreed. That was awesome. =D=

18. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Very dark...and lovely. :)

19. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    4 days left to post a gruesome tale my little candy corns... [face_devil]

I will be participating in Nano this year, so my time in the thread will be minimal.

Therefore, November's Challenge will be open to those who ARE also participating. The rules are as follows:

1) Obviously, it must be a Star Wars Fanfic.

2) Obviously, it must contain OCs.

3) You must reach the 50,000 word goal by the end of November.

Participants feel free to talk about your plans here, and even post your daily totals if you like.

Good luck everyone! [face_good_luck]

20. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    Well in the spirit of the challenge and some blunt force trauma I give you the legend of the Mogwai with a Stars Wars Twist. Sorry if it seems long.

Hey you don't suppose that was.....

The bright red Star Destroyer loomed larger in the shuttles viewport. Zach pulled the small box tighter into his lap. A soft melodic humming emanated from it. He rattled the box slightly.

?Quiet, you?re going to gets us caught. We are almost there? he whispered

The humming stopped just as the copilot turned to look at him. He shrugged looking at him and began humming, the copilot satisfied with the apparent source of the humming turn back to his console and flying the shuttle.

?Errant Venture, this is shuttle Omaron?s Hope requesting docking clearance?

?Hope, you are cleared for the main hangar bay, please proceed and welcome to the Errant Venture?

Zach tapped his foot nervously, gripping the box in his lap tighter, he was taking a huge risk but he was out of options. He had come this far and couldn?t turn back now. An older looking man sitting beside him chuckled and asked him a question

?First time aboard the Venture, You seem nervous??

?What? Yes first time anywhere actually.?

?Well enjoy it, the Venture is unlike any experience you will ever have.?

Zach didn?t hear him, he didn?t care about the experience he had one goal in mind, gambling, gambling and losing at the same time.

As soon as the shuttle boarding ramp was down he walked off towards one of the many gambling decks on the ship. After a few simple questions he was able to find a high stakes sabacc game. He had a limited amount of money but enough to stake him into a game. He played with reckless abandon, winning more than losing and yet still he played on. Players came and went and he soon began to lose, secretly smiling to himself, finally he was tapped out and the only way to proceed was to offer something of value. He placed the box he had carried with him on the table. The Rodian he was playing looked at it quizzically.

?What is it?? he asked in harsh basic

?It?s a Mogwai, an exotic very valuable?

The Rodian looked at the small furry creature in the box with it?s large eyes and long ears. It certainly looked rare. It didn?t make much difference he couldn?t lose on his current hand and the credits were more than enough to compensate for being stiffed on the exotic if it turned out to be a scam. He nodded and accepted the bet.

Zach smiled inwardly, he had done it, he was free. Outwardly he projected a broken and depressed air like losing was the final straw to breaking him. He shook hands with his opponent and turned to leave.

?Wait don?t you want a chance to win back your belongings??

?Nope they are all yours and you are welcome to them. The instructions for care and feeding are on the box. Thank you so much good bye? and then Zach walked away as fast as he could hoping to find a shuttle home as soon as possible.

Greedon watched the strange human practically run away from him. Strange creatures? humans, they were hard to figure out. He was happy though that his luck seemed to turning, he would never end up like his distant relative shot dead by the famous Han Solo, no he would make a name for himself that would out live the family history. He stared at the top of the box, the little creature humming from inside, he wished he could read basic but what could it say that was necessary for him to know. He would figure it out later, now he had time to drop it off at his cabin and get to the big stake tourney on green deck.

The card on the top of the box had three simple instructions under the heading care and feeding of Mogwai.

? Do not expose them to bright light
    ? Do not get them wet
    ? Never under any circumstances feed them after midnight

Had Greedon read basic he would have been able to avoid the waitress in the hall who bumped into him spilling her tray of drinks all over him and the box he carried. The humming stopped and turned into small cries of pain. He was in too much of a hurry to care, he kept on walking past the waitress and her s

21. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    :eek:

I can't do NaNo and this at the same time. :(

22. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008

No moosemousse, the challenge is if you ALREADY going to participated in Nano and are ALREADY going to do those things. Those who meet the goal will be considered challenge winners. If you're doing something else for Nano, your obviously not elligible. I would neve expect people to do double Nano duty... [face_hypnotized]
    Sorry for not being clearer. :)

23. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Riiiiiiiiiiisse Lord Thread...

Was there any Nano participants this year who met the criteria? If not I'll have a brand spaking new challenge posted by Tues.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    About 3.000 words to write and my OC NaNo story will pass the 50.000 mark.

Aaquilin and Darrin is OC driven with only Yoda and Darth Plagueis as canon characters appearing.

Edit: passed the 50 K mark and now busy with editting

25. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    Congrats to you earlybird!

Anyone else who's made it to 50k with an OC driven fanfic post here! Maybe we can get a challenge going to take us into 2010!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.