main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons," by Daniel Wallace, Brandon McKinney [Del Rey, 1998]

Discussion in 'Archive: Literature Review Forum' started by dp4m, Feb 28, 2003.

?

"The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons," by Daniel Wallace, Brandon McKinney, Scott Kol

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
  1. 10 (Excellent)

44.4%
  2. 9

22.2%
  3. 8

22.2%
  4. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6 (Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5 (Average)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

11.1%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1 (Poor)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/books/images/guide_planetsbig.jpg]

Summary:
    For the true Star Wars fan, the Essential Guide to Planets and Moons is crucial. You can keep track of all the places mentioned in the movies, books, and comics with this detailed reference. One hundred locations, from the well-known (Tatooine and Hoth) to the more obscure (J't'p'tan and Taanab), are covered in detail. Each planet, moon, or asteroid is accompanied by information on solar system, terrain, language, and points of interest, along with illustrations of the resident species, intelligent and otherwise. Daniel Wallace investigates each planet's role in the Star Wars saga, while Brandon McKinney and Scott Kolins's comic-style black-and-white drawings help the reader get an idea of what these unique worlds and their inhabitants look like.

Read the TF.n Book Staff Reviews

3. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Of all the Essential Guides, I have to say that I like this one the least. For one thing, they didn't have a galactic map in it, (something that I knew was in the planning stage when this was being made) and didn't really cover the planet's very well.

Then again, it was pre-TPM, and most of the stuff from there needs to be updated anyways, so I'll give it a 10 just to show that I'm not spiteful. :)

4. evanchester

evanchester Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2002
    It could have been a lot more in-depth i think. It seems to me that for a few planets, they just described what events took place on the planet. But still a very entertaining read.

5. jedi_master_ikrit

jedi_master_ikrit Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2002

1 point off for not having a map, and 1 point for that god-awful cover. Other than that, it's a very good source for info on planets I've never heard of, though it's outdated now. I'd like to see a New EG, similar to the Core Worlds Sourcebook, its info updated up to the NJO, and a new map fixing those mistakes in the Insider one.

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Unlocked. Up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.