Lit The Essential Reader's Companion by Pablo Hidalgo.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi, May 17, 2010.

1. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Grevious appeared in the Clone Wars in Star Wars Insider just a little after the Durge and Ventress debuted. He was mentioned as spear-heading Operation: Durge's Lance.
    Last edited by Charlemagne19, Oct 24, 2012
  2. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    We first saw him on the cover of that one Boba Fett book (A New Threat), right? I remember that being a big deal at the time...
    fistofan1 likes this.
  3. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    And so Amazon UK finally delivers my copy...

...shame they couldn't have done it at the beginning of this week back when I still might have given a kriff about any possible insights to be gleamed into the continuity (hah) of the EU.
    Last edited by Zorrixor, Nov 1, 2012
  4. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    I know, right! I'm going to hate going through this book knowing that nothing is safe anymore. :(
  5. fistofan1 Force Ghost

star 4
    Edit: Sorry, double post
    Last edited by fistofan1, Nov 1, 2012
  6. Zeta1127 Force Ghost

star 4
    Nothing is safe, they are already using this book to try to justify TCW and its Clone Wars reboot, which is why I refuse to buy this book and will continue to ignore terrible, terrible decisions like TCW.
  7. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I just want to say, you were right all along! I knew TCW was a danger to my favourite tales such as Obsession and The Last Siege, The Final Truth but the extent to which LFL and now Disney has marginalised EU readers is something I couldn't seriously believe. Wiping potentially the entire post-RotJ Eu is nuts, and is the kind of stuff you've been preaching about for months. So Disney:
    **** you!
    [IMG]

Sidenote: is the episode VII board already scaring anybody else?
    Last edited by JackG, Nov 2, 2012
  8. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Meh. Pablo Hidalgo, the guy who wrote this darn book, doesn't seem too concerned about canon and continuity and Episode VII. In fact, he's downright excited. I think he's got the right idea. :)

It makes me wonder when exactly Pablo wrote that introduction about canon and continuity, though. Snerk.
    Tinwe likes this.
  9. LelalMekha Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]
    "My novels and comics are spent. My continuity has ended. Canon has deserted us. Pablo's betrayed me. Abandon your posts! Flee, flee for your lives!"
  10. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Super_Battle_Droid Force Ghost

star 5
    I take it that you've never read Labyrinth of Evil?
  12. _Catherine_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Grievous isn't stupid in that. He fights Mace on the roof of a train, and that's awesome.
    Super_Battle_Droid and Zeta1127 like this.
  13. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    He killed I think like half a dozen Jedi in that novel, it was brilliant. My personal favourite was when he killed Pablo-Jill and then he ejected his body into space, so the Coruscanti could see. Damn, he used to be cool. :(
    Super_Battle_Droid, Zorrixor and Esg like this.
  14. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Yes, yes, yes.

As to the ERC and TCW, it's making the best of something that's already happened. You'd be more annoyed if it didn't deign to reference the most important/discussed/blighted part of Star Wars right now. It needed to comment in some way.

We already knew that Anakin's knighting had been moved way back, after all.
  15. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    I noticed that it referenced a few of the comics- in particular Dark Empire, which it described as "where Luke turns to the Dark Side".

Given Chee's : "Luke didn't turn, he only nearly turned" comments- I do wonder if it's simply a simplified description of what happened, or if Chee's idea's been retconned.
  16. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    Chee's ways are a mystery to everybody.

Even himself. :p
  17. Zorrixor Chosen One

star 6
    This is perhaps the single biggest change that I'm admittedly somewhat prepared for in Episode 7, even if they do keep the rest of the EU.

Namely: if they decide to push back the foundation of the New Jedi Order, I won't be the slightest bit surprised to see Luke Skywalker running around with Ahsoka Mk II much earlier than when we saw the First Class in JAT. "[Name] Skywalker training a new Padawan" just seems the sort of thing that Lucas would want in a Star Wars film.
  18. LordOblivion Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Has anyone else noticed an issue with the Readers Companion where at certain places, the text actually bleeds though the pages? I first noticed it on the illustration of Darsha fighting Maul. You can see text from the opposite page where their sabers cross. It also seems to occur a lot in the index.
  19. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Don't think I noticed that. Have you tried checking another copy? Maybe you just got a badly-printed one.
  20. TrakNar Force Ghost

star 5
    My copy has one page with what appears to be a spot of water damage.
  21. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    Mine came with a malfunctioning canon.
  22. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
  23. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    I finally read this recently and I'll say one thing about it, after years of TCW, it was tough to picture her as a live action character, especially with that voice. I couldn't even remember the old tattoos for the most part.
  24. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I guess I just liked her old look from Republic, with the 12 tattoos on her head. I've never been a fan of the "frown" tattoos, which also applies to Jerec. Plus, those old tattoos had special meaning, whereas I don't think her current ones mean anything.
  25. Abalore Force Ghost

star 1
    Can anyone who purchased the eBook version, have they corrected the mis-named captions on all the chapter intro portraits? In the eBook, at least at one point, every single name was wrong. Sometimes hilariously so.