main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The Eternal Debate

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Delta-Source, Jan 21, 2004.

?

The Eternal Debate

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Soda

55.2%
  2. Pop

13.8%
  3. Coke

20.7%
  4. Other

10.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander_Choad

Commander_Choad Jedi Master star 4

Sep 11, 2002
    <stirs pot>
    Who the hell cares? hee hee hee!!!
    </stirs pot>

2. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] **busting a gut over Wenchy's soap tale**

And, uh, just for the record, no I haven't "grown up" (what were you thinking!? :D ), it's just that some of my vocabulary has... er... evolved. Yes. That's what happened... ;)

3. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    ;)

BTW Queenie: I like the Evanesence quote in your sig line...they rock! Do you have their CD? It's very good.

4. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
  5. Ima_princess

Ima_princess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 5, 2003
    I'm from Texas and we say soda, at least my mother, father, brother, grandmother,aunts and I do. CAlling something a Coke is like saying you are going to Xerox something. You can't xerox something, it's a name, but you CAN photocopy something.

Oh, and over half of my office say soda with a few spatterings of pop and one or two cokes (who have been shunned). Yes, we really are >that< bored here.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    wenchy, that soap story is really gross. it made me want to gag.

7. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Wenchy: yeah, I have the CD. I likes. Gets a little repetitive at times, but otherwise pretty good. :) And those particular lyrics... heh... well, let's say they're rather applicable right now. ;)

8. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    JW:

The taste comparisons on soap is too [face_laugh] .

9. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Queenie: I await your PM if you care to tell. :D

Birr: A good gag now and then is good for your throat...excercises those muscles and the competency of your cardiac sphincter. [face_devil]

Chewie: Glad you got a kick out of it. Eating all that soap was worth it if I made you smile. :D

So, now I'm curious everyone...what words, besides the usually shunned four-lettered varitey, got soap shoved in your mouth as children?

Here's a more complete list from my days of Dove-Sucking-Deviance: fart, piss, crap, puke, hump, horney, and the grand-mother of all SOAPY words: orgasm. That last one not only got me chewing Dove again, but I also got grounded for a week.

10. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I never ate soap. And so long as it wasn't of the standard list and wasn't insulting I was pretty safe

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Sheesh! You were lucky! I think my blood still contains traces of Dove.

12. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I never got the soap... Though the occasional pop occurred... But I was born to be a smart ass [face_mischief] :D [face_devil]

13. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    Y'know, I only remember getting my mouth washed out once. And I don't even remember why. It was probably for saying something equally lame, like "fart" (my mom tried to dub that one the "f" word at our house). So, naturally, we found other words to use instead. :p

14. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Queenie: You mean she didn't succeed? ;) I didn't even know there was another "F" word until I was about 8. I thought that was the only one till I made a complete idot out of myself getting shocked at one of my friends for using the dirty "F" word fart. I've never seen so many kids wet their pants laughing.

15. kreleia

Dec 14, 2000
    :D Nope. She didn't succeed. Go figure. [face_laugh]

16. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Well, I got a 12 pack of Code Red tonight at a Safeway here in Denver. The checkout lady asked me "where I wanted the pop". I guess it's pop here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.