main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Eternal Republic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Xen, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Mace Windu stood over the Sith Master, his purple bladed lightsaber just inches away from the Chancellors face.

?Help me Anakin!? The Chancellor begged for his life ?I am too weak?.I can?t?..I can?t hold out. Please Anakin.?

?Don?t listen to him Anakin.? Master Windu countered ?Don?t let him deceive you, he will destroy the Republic.?

Anakin watched feeling helpless, torn between his emotions, on one side he had the Jedi Order, the Republic and every thing he had fought for, on the other was a mentor, close friend, and the one person who could help save Padme from death. He needed Palpatine, if only for a while longer. ?He must stand trial!? Anakin announced ?Killing an unarmed opponent is not the way of the Jedi.?

?Stand trial?? Mace scoffed ?He controls the courts, he controls the Senate there is no way he can stand trial Anakin, who will try him??

?I need him!? Anakin shouted desperately

?No! Its over Chancellor? Mace lifted his lightsaber striking down toward the disabled Sith, only to have Anakin?s blue blade block his strike. ?What are you doing Skywalker!?

?You Can?t-??

A stream of force lightning the Chancellor unleashed on Master Windu interrupted Anakin. This was it, this was the moment he had waited for, finally Anakin would call him Master, and the Sith shall finally have their revenge.

Almost impulsively Anakin?s lightsaber swung downward, decapitating Palpatine, the lifeless head rolled out the window into the dark depths of the Coruscant underworld. Dropping to his knee?s Anakin stared teary eyed at the recovering Jedi Master. ?What have I done??

Mace stared at Palpatine?s lifeless body, a feeling of calm flowed through him. ?You fulfilled the prophecy Master Skywalker.? Mace smiled at the stunned Anakin ?You have again proven yourself to be a great Jedi, you saved the Republic almost single handedly.?

?But Padme?? Anakin felt a lump in his throat ?She will die!?

?Search your feelings Anakin? Mace placed a hand on his shoulder ?Your thoughts will have long been clouded, relax, let the force flow through you.?

Closing his eyes Anakin again saw Padme, at peace holding their children! Children, Padme was pregnant with twins. Creations of their love, his family! The dark thoughts of losing his beloved wife no longer haunted his dreams, they were replaced by gaining the love of two children.

?They will be powerful Jedi.? Mace said interrupting Anakin?s vision

?Master Windu I-?

?Have a lot to answer for?? Mace?s voice was stern ?But for now Master Skywalker, we have to address the Senate.?

?The Senate?? Anakin stared at the lifeless Chancellor, his head spun wondering what the Senate would say, and do. Surely he would be punished for the murder of the Chancellor, Master Windu along with him.

?We must take control of the Senate Anakin, you are the galaxy?s greatest hero. If there is a Jedi whom the Senate and the Republic will trust, it is you.?

?Chancellor Palpatine said you wanted to take control of the Senate and the Republic!? Anakin shouted, his anger began to resurface ?He was right!?

?Calm yourself Anakin.? A kind, familiar voice said ?It was you and your strength the Sith wanted.? Qui-Gon Jinn, the long deceased Jedi Master materialized in front of him and Master Windu.

?Qui-Gon?? a surprised Mace Windu smiled ?It?s been a long time.?

?Indeed it has? Qui-Gon nodded to the Jedi Master before returning his focus to Anakin ?Search your feelings Anakin from your first meeting with Palpatine he has been manipulating you. Remember it was he who convinced you to kill Master Dooku, after he was disarmed. It was the Sith that filled your dreams of impending dangers for Padme, and caused you to doubt yourself and the Jedi.?

Anakin blinked back tears, he couldn?t believe he had been so foolish, how could he, the most powerful Jedi have been so easily deceived. It was more Jedi lies, Qui-Gon died, he died long ago. Master Windu was deceiving him with this vision of the one Jedi he admired more than any. But then Qui-Gon seemed so real, standing in

2. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    Anakin did the right thing....finally!!! =D= =D=

I always wondered what would have happened had Mace convinced Ani he was wrong.:confused:
    this is so good, please continue!

3. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Interesting twist! Great start, hope we see more soon!

4. The_Dark_Knight

The_Dark_Knight Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2004
    Wow that was good keep me updated on this story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.