main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Eternal War: LotF AU: Nominated Best Author, All Around, Villain, Non Human: Thank You!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawanlost, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    WOW...I'm in awe!! :eek:

That was a great action packed chapter. =D=

I feel so sorry for Cem:_| ....that had to be the most heartbreaking thing to do. Sure, Jaina is attempting to do the same, but I somehow think it would be harder for a non-Force-sensitive to understand just what the Dark Side does to someone they love. A Jedi understands, because they all have to fight the tempation themselves, and if they've ever fell, they know that it doesn't take much to turn into something that is nothing like the person that he/she was before.

I hope Jacen isn't going to do anything to hurt Jaina's baby...that will make me very mad.:mad:

[:D]

Sara

2. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    Poor Cem :_| He had to shoot his own sister! Great update and thanks for the pm :D

3. noevilmusic

noevilmusic Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 19, 2006
    That was a fantastic series of battle sequences! Lots of surprises and a cruel cliff to leave us hanging on! :)

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Whoa. That was.... awesome! I feel for poor Cem. :(

5. JainaJag14

JainaJag14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 27, 2006
    Poor Cem. I wish that she didn't have to die, but I wish even more that it hadn't been Cem to kill her. :_| Still, two amazing updates. Looking forward to more updates, and thanks for the PMs. [:D]

6. padawanlost

padawanlost Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

jadesabre75

Glad you enjoyed the chapter. More action's on the way!

ccp

So sad for Cem to have to do that.

Yeah, it was not the kind of decision anyone wants to make. Unfortunately, Jaina is staring down the same decision.

canadianjedimama

You have knack for writing battle scenes. It was almost like I was there.

Thanks, that's definitely what I'm trying for. Thank the Force I've never been in a battle, but I hope that I catch even a hundredth of the horror that flashes through someone's mind while they are in that situation.

Cem shot his sister, Jysella's missing a hand, and if I'm not mistaken Jacen's about to attempt miscarriage by Sith

Correct on all counts, sadly. War seems to be about making the least horrible decision, amongst terrible possibilities.

Though it does make me wonder if losing your right hand is some kind of Skywalker initation ritual. In that case, go Benella

Saving Ben's life, at any cost will sure win Mara's approval. And thanks to some dear friends, I'm definitely all for Benella!

More soon!

JAGSGURL15

With "war" in the title, I don't want to disappoint. Thanks!

Jaina_and_Jag

Thanks a lot for stopping by. There's more soon, stop back.

NYCitygurl

love that Jys and Ben are fighting to keep Wyn from getting to each other. So sweet!!

They might be young, but something is there. We'll have to wait till they get older, but...[face_love]

And poor Cem. That must have been absolutely the worst thing imaginable

Like I said before, war seems to be about confronting the worst things we can imagine, and its important to me that we all remember that, especially while so much of our own world is at war.

And Formbi sucks. Jacen too. Just suck.

Yup. At least a really bad, bad guy, makes it easier to justify killing them in our minds. I'm not sure Jaina and Cem really feel that way at the end of this.

[:D] right back at you Nat.

shahid_chestro

Jacen's going to really hurt Jaina isnt he?????

There's a lot of pain coming up soon for the Solo family. So maybe that will appease the [face_devil] in you?

i'm waiting to see just how you fit the whole Jacen is the shield and Jaina the sword thing into the story coz right now it seems that either its gonna be a broken shield or a broken sword.

Just wait. [face_mischief] But since the whole story is hardly finished, expect a lot more on the Sword and Shield.

I'll have the update as soon as its back from the beta, thanks.

Flowerlady

I feel so sorry for Cem ....that had to be the most heartbreaking thing to do. Sure, Jaina is attempting to do the same, but I somehow think it would be harder for a non-Force-sensitive to understand just what the Dark Side does to someone they love.

And that's really it. There is much more to Cem's story to come, as he's going to have to explain to his parents and Jag exactly what happened. And that might be worse than pulling the trigger. I think that Ben and Jys might help with that explanation though.

I hope Jacen isn't going to do anything to hurt Jaina's baby...that will make me very mad.

That's really been the million credit question, and you'll have an answer in the next chapter.

Thanks Sara, [:D]

jaina-Fett

Yeah, Cem's in a bad place, but could he really live with himself if he didn't? He's got a lot of explaining to do soon with his family. Check in soon.

noevilmusic

That was a fantastic series of battle sequences! Lots of surprises and a cruel cliff to leave us hanging on! :)

Glad you're enjoying the battle. There's been a lot of it in this story, so its good to hear they still have you all on the edge of your seats. As for the cliffhangers, I'd like to say that there are none in the next chapter, but I can only assure you that most of them are resolv

7. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Chapter 26

High over the plain of battle, Alliance and Imperial star destroyers began to pour turbolaser fire into the advancing Chiss ships. Across the front, the lead ships spiraled out of formation belching fire and debris. Squadrons of XJ-5?s and TIE Defender?s swarmed like deadly clouds over the outnumbered clawcraft, pouncing from behind the sun?s glare. Anti-starfighter batteries aboard Ascendant and her sister ships tracked the first targets, opening fire just as the squadrons entered range. Cutting precise holes through the advancing Alliance fighters, quick proton torpedo fire silenced them almost as fast as they had started, with hundreds more fighters free to advance into the Chiss formation.

Valiantly turning to engage the advancing fleet, clawcraft rocketed past the clouds of Alliance fighters, only to be torn to shreds of twisted metal as cluster traps aboard the lead frigates of Seventh Fleet exploded. Out Anakin Solo?s armored viewport, the quick green eyes of Tahiri Veila darted from explosion to explosion, guided by the Force, and the death coursing through it. After years of fighting, she knew the feeling well, despite the unique tint of sorrow and pain every death released. She knew pain well enough to stand it, and let the Force ease her apprehensions. Death was part of the Force, as was new life. At one point she had been able to dream of nothing but such a joyful moment, but the only one she would ever let herself love had died, so that others might have the chances they had dreamed of.

It was the glance toward the rest of the Alliance ships that gave her pause. Even as the Chiss flank crumbled under her assault, Chiss and Hapan forces were still advancing, carving gaping swaths through the wounded ships under Fel and Niathal. ?Open the channel to Chimaera and Tranquility, Commander.?

It?s Anakin?s legacy I?m fighting for. This galaxy needs peace. The Force needs peace. Deep inside her, she could feel the other part of her, the part that relished the blood, the battle, and the death, filling her with an ecstatic swell of joy that she constantly contained. The struggle with her Yuuzhan Vong bloodlust normally took deep concentration in the Force, but in the middle of battle, her instincts took over; the instincts that told her to duck, and dodge, and stab, and when to pull the trigger. Today, she needed them. They would let her survive the day, and put the galaxy back into line with the Force.

Suddenly, the flickering blue images of Cha Niathal and Jagged Fel came to life, standing in miniature before her. ?Apologies, Admirals, but Seventh Fleet is here.?

?Perfect timing, General Veila,? the gurgling voice of Niathal began. ?Now we might just live through this day.?

?First, we have to stop the Chiss,? Jag countered.

?Have we heard from Tenel Ka yet, Admiral Niathal?? Tahiri asked, sensing little from her fellow Jedi; though she could make out the faint presence of her one-time master, Corran Horn, deep behind the Hapan front.

?They made it aboard Dragon Queen,? Niathal confirmed, ?but since then we?ve heard nothing. We?re not getting anything from the Hapan battle communications, either.?

?We can still win this, Admiral. I didn?t want this to turn into a battle of attrition, but this war must be decided, here.? This was the commanding voice Tahiri remembered from Jagged Fel during the Yuuzhan Vong war. It was a voice she had come to trust. Jaina had been the one who had saved her during the war, but Jag had been the support Jaina had needed to recover from Anakin?s death and drew much of her strength from her husband?s love. Somehow, Tahiri felt a swelling of protectiveness inside, knowing that Jaina and Jag had everything she had ever wanted with Anakin.

?As I?ve noticed Master Horn is fond of saying, we must trust the Force,? Niathal?s voice gurgled, not loosing the irony of her statement.

?Indeed, Admiral,? Jag followed, signing off. ?May the Force be with us all.?

And now all I can do is trust t

8. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
  9. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    =D= =D= =D=

That was wonderful! Brilliant! Stupendous!

LOL Love it!

You write action scenes so well. I'm so jealous. [face_blush]

10. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    :eek:

[face_worried]

:_|

OMG...you killed Baby Fel, you almost killed Jaina, and you might have killed Jag.

THAT WAS TOTALLY AND COMPELETY WICKED AWESOME!

I was literally leaning into my computer screen the entire time. Couldn't wait to read the next line, but didn't want it to end!

And I won't believe that Jacen's gone until I see his charred and blackened corpse.[face_not_talking]

11. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Woah! What did you do?? Jacen's dead?? Jaina's baby is dead?? Jag is missing?? Ack! Craziness!!! Lovely job! :D

12. shahid_chestro

shahid_chestro Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    AWESOME! WICKED!!!

Jacen MUST survive.... cant wait to see how he survives though....i hope this somehow adds to his power. Cant wait to see Jaina's and Leia's reaction.
    also..what about Wyn??/ UPDATE SOON!!!!!!!!

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_crying] You killed the baby!! Poor, poor Jaina :(

Nevertheless, that was a wicked cool post :D I love Jaina's line at the end -- very chilling.

Awesome :cool:

14. Flowerlady

Flowerlady Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    OMG... I read this the other day but didn't have time to comment. I just reread it and I must say I'm just as blown away the second time as I was the first...Wonderful writing!! =D= =D=

But I can't believe there's only one more chapter....:(

Now for some of the things I really liked:

Tenel Ka's taking over the Dragon Queen was fantasic and I loved Jag's reaction to her.

But... Jag had to abadanon ship...I know he's okay but...oh my!

I liked seeing Tahiri being the one to save him.

And finally, Jacen vs. Jaina...:eek: :mad: :_|

That was just an awesome scene...I'm sad that she lost the baby, but you really did a fantastic job at writing their last fight. Found it ironic that Jacen, like Grandpa Vader, couldn't stay out of the lava...let's hope Jacen though remains there.

I can't wait for the last chapter...[:D]

Sara

15. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

ccp

Thanks. I think that's the reaction I was hoping for.

jadesabre75

Thank you. Action scenes are fun to write, but after this story I may be out of action for a while. It will be nice to focus on the aftermath in the next story.

canadianjedimama

OMG...you killed Baby Fel, you almost killed Jaina, and you might have killed Jag.

THAT WAS TOTALLY AND COMPELETY WICKED AWESOME!

WEll, Jacen did most of that;), but thanks for the shout out.

And I won't believe that Jacen's gone until I see his charred and blackened corpse.

Nor should you. And even then, we did see Anakin's charred and blackened corpse, and look what that got us.

Stay tuned, and thanks again.

Jaina_and_Jag

Woah! What did you do?? Jacen's dead?? Jaina's baby is dead?? Jag is missing?? Ack! Craziness!!! Lovely job!

Well, the only one I can state for fact it that Jacen did kill the baby. Everything else, you'll just have to sit on the edge of your seat for a little while longer.

Thanks.

shahid_chestro

Jacen MUST survive.... cant wait to see how he survives though....i hope this somehow adds to his power.

It might be a little while until we learn the truth of what happened to Jacen and Wyn, but you can bet Jaina won't be convinced. As for adding to Jacen's power, I would think this might change the way he uses his powers, rather than add to them. We'll see...[face_thinking]

Thanks

NYCitygurl

You killed the baby!! Poor, poor Jaina

[face_guilty] You know I agonized over that, Nat, but in the end it just happened. The parallel to Luke's death in Without You was too inviting to the author in me, and it was on the page before I really thought about it. That it came so naturally to the story in the end told me it was the right decision.

Jaina will have a lot of soul-searching to do here. Even though Jacen pulled the trigger, she "knows" she could have stopped it. This isn't going to be something she gets over any time soon.

I love Jaina's line at the end -- very chilling.

Throughout the stories, she's put a lot of thought into her visions, and this brought it all back to her. She doesn't consider this a victory, but could Jacen, at his most delusional think that it was a victory for him? Jaina managed to save herself from the Dark Side, but paid a horrible price.

The big question is just how long she'll be broken.

Thanks Nat [:D]

Flowerlady

Tenel Ka's taking over the Dragon Queen was fantasic and I loved Jag's reaction to her.

She's really the coolest of all the characters under fire. I don't know if its the immense responsibility she feels for her kingdom, or if she's just that noble a person, but she's always cool, and its fun to watch her so calm and confident while Han and the Jedi are convinced something threatening is around every corner. Putting her with Han was a lot of fun in this story, and I look forward to more of their interactions in the future. As for Jag, he has known her a while, and if there was ever a time he needed a friend to come through for him, it was during this battle.

But... Jag had to abadanon ship...I know he's okay but...oh my!

He's in good hands right now. Losing your flagship is depressing, but its Pellaeon who will be sad to hear about his old ship more than anyone.

That was just an awesome scene...I'm sad that she lost the baby, but you really did a fantastic job at writing their last fight. Found it ironic that Jacen, like Grandpa Vader, couldn't stay out of the lava...let's hope Jacen though remains there.

Its interesting how some readers are hoping its their last fight, and some can't wait for a rematch. I think lava actually attracts Sith, I don't know why, but it just seems to happen that way. As for Jacen remaining in the lava, we'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks Sara, especially after reading it twice. I

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Whoa, that was such an intense post and so tragically sad.

17. jaina-Fett

jaina-Fett Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 11, 2008
    :_| :_| You killed Jaina's baby (bawls her eyes out while mentally stabbing Jacen with a lightsaber multiple times )
    Tenel-ka was AWSOME

Can't wait for final post to see how you conclude it!!!! Awsome job [:D]

18. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Spectacularly epic post there. I loved Jaina's line at the end, and even though I'm an only child and don't have any children, I can imagine the pain she must be going through now.

19. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    comments

Healer_Leona

Tried to make it intense, unfortunately it was very sad. Thank you.

jaina-Fett

**hands out tissues** Continue to stab Jacen as much as you like. At this point I think even Tenel Ka would. BTW, I'm glad you liked her. My least favorite part of this story was that she was comatose for half of it. But unfortunate things happen a lot in my stories, as they also seem to in real life:(

The last post is on the way, but don't expect too many conclusions. This is the second of three stories. Thank you.

Ultima_1

I spent a lot of time working through different endings, wanting something to refer back to the Sword of the Jedi prophecy that started all of this. It was Jacen's contemptuousness of it that made me settle on this one.

I hope no one is ever in the place that Jaina's in right now, and writing it I did try to think about the magnitude of such a tragedy. I don't know that I'll ever have children, but even after trying to get inside her mind to write this, I'm not even close to comprehending how horrible it would be. I was hoping to make this a hard chapter to read, in hope of doing her strength, and the strength of all mothers out there, justice. Thank you.

Okay, readers, the next chapter is coming soon. It will be the last one, but this story is far from over. Details will follow. I hope to have the post up by the end of the weekend.

xoxo, padawanlost

20. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    You know, never in my wildest thoughts did I ever think you would kill an unborn baby. I didn't even think TOS would allow that. Wow. That made the whole event a bigger shock than it already was.

You know the fight's become personal when the baby is killed. Jacen's never had to face an enraged. You would think that even after his immersion into the dark side is never touch a woman's baby. Especially when said woman can probably destroy you. Jacen may be about to feel that, but I think you have something more devious in mind.

Jagged is in trouble as well. You definitely seem to be setting up one heckuva conclusion to this story.

The reactions to everyone feeling the baby's demise was heartbreaking. I don't think anyone will feel any remorse towards Jacen being killed now. He's gone too far already, but he hasn't just stepped over a cliff, he's attempting to leap over the Grand Canyon.

I apologize for my lateness, but you know part of the reason why, and I've had too many tests and I've simply been exhausted for the last couple of weeks.

I can't wait for the conclusion, Alex. This should be an amazing end to a great story.

21. melino

melino Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 12, 2008
    I just discovered this story and i have to tell you how much i love it!!! I hope the final chapter comes soon and i can't wait for the third part either! Excellent work!

22. padawanlost

Apr 16, 2006
    Comments

rebel_cheese

I've always believed that writing was a way of confronting the fears that we have, and that the journeys characters take force us to those confrontations along with them. I don't deal well with reality, but on the page I'm free, and I can explore the ways that my characters deal with their lives, as I struggle to deal with my own. They give us all hope when they persevere, and they give me hope in myself that perhaps I'm stronger than I give myself credit for. And if you can learn to survive the death of your child, I think you can survive anything.

I'm glad you're still with us, and hope all those nasty tests go away soon.

[:D]

melino

Welcome to the story. Chapter 27 is coming up tonight, so I guess you picked a good time to catch up. Hope you enjoy, and thank you.

Alright, everyone. The last post is here. Hope you enjoy, and thanks so much for taking this journey with me.

Chapter 27

?Han, she?s waking up!?

Han didn?t remember jumping like that at his wife?s voice since she?d first told him he was going to be a father all those years before. He?d seen Jaina already; indeed he?d been the one to carry her down the Falcon?s battered ramp, and lay her limply on the hovergurney. Rushing alongside as they had rushed her into the triage suite, it had taken the harshest tone he?d ever heard from Cilghal to force him from the room, and even then he had stood by the window as they had cut away the tattered, singed remains of her armored flightsuit. Every wound revealed held a more vicious pain for him, and he would remember them as if they were scars on his own body, not just his beautiful daughter?s, because every wound had been inflicted by his own son. Now, more than any moment in her life he wanted to hold her, his baby girl, his only child.

He caught the concerned eye of Soontir Fel from across the waiting area, no longer feeling anything strange as his former rival offered a reassuring smile. Jagged?s bacta tank was adjacent to Jaina?s room, and over the last few days the two sets of parents had taken turns offering support and encouragement to the other, and commiserating over the profound loss they had all experienced. He returned a gruff nod before taking a deep breath and stepping into the room.

Leia was at Jaina?s side, barely restraining the tears in her eyes, her fingers intertwined with Jaina?s, sticking just beyond the bacta cast on her left arm. Jaina moved her head slowly toward him as he entered, managing a half smile in return to the grin he offered. The cuts on her face had healed into puffy pink lines, but her eyes were twisted in pain, and her grief palpable.

?I?m sorry Dad, Mom?? she drew a deep, strained breath. Han knew that was a result of the Force lightning she had been attacked with, remembering all too painfully his experiences on Ossus. ?I didn?t want to??

?We know, Jaina,? Leia began. She drew her free hand over her face, as tears broke free, attempting to shield them from view.

?The only thing that matters is that you came home to us, baby,? he reassured her, squeezing tightly on her hand. ?You?re gonna be??

?I?m not going to be okay, Dad. I don?t want to be okay. My child is dead. I stabbed my brother with a lightsaber, and watched him fall, fall toward that lava flow. I felt him?? She wasn?t crying, but he could see the tears she was fighting back.

?Jaina, you did what a Jedi has to do sometimes,? Leia interrupted. ?You have nothing to apologize for.?

?Oh, really,? she scoffed. ?I have to tell my husband that I didn?t protect his child, and my brother killed it; shot it while it was inside me?. Where is Jag? I can feel him close. He knows, doesn?t he? He doesn?t want to speak to me. I lost Wyn and now I lost the baby; I don?t blame him??

?Jaina,? Han began, appreciating the nod of approval Leia offered as he spoke, ?Jag?s here in the medcenter, but he?s in a Bacta tank. The Chimaera was destroyed over Brentaal. His flag captain

23. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    :_| :_|

Man. That was rough. I'm so sad it's over!!!

Awesome job though!

Do I sense a sequel? [face_thinking]

I so enjoyed reading this story! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

24. ccp

ccp Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Well done. This is very sad and some really powerful feelings portrayed here. I get the feeling that there will be a sequal.

25. JAGSGURL15

JAGSGURL15 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    wow! such a way to end it. i too sense a sequel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.