main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events ~The EU Challenge~ {A Fan Art / EU Crossover Competition} - Status - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, Sep 4, 2012.

1. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Fantastic! I was hoping for some new Seha art, but this surpasses all expectations!

2. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you Runjedirun, JediHall and imiller!! Thank you for your kind words! I'm pleased that she matches how you had imagined the character to be, Runjedirun :). It was fun to bring her to life. I have updated the post with a coloured version of the artwork alongside the original.

For what's next on my list… I am contemplating something Corellian, maybe a duo… [face_thinking] I will update when I have sorted it out.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  3. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Out of all the characters on the list, I have absolutely no clue who that one is. Fantastic job though. ;)

I've got a little extra time, and I have the project all planned out now. Give me Anakin Solo please. :)

Evil.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  4. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    That was amazing. I wish I knew how to work in something beside graphite. I have no clue how to draw/paint by computer.

5. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Nothing wrong with graphite. That's my primary medium. Ooryl wasn't inked at all, except digitally (as in, I darkened the pencils to look like it was inked).

6. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Evil, I'll add you to the list. I'm glad you'll be getting to do Anakin.

Graphite is a good medium, I use it a lot and mostly in my sketchbooks. If you know how to work with graphite then it's not that big a leap to apply that skill to the computer with a graphics tablet. Most of it is self learning and challenging yourself to reach the next level.

7. A Tool

A Tool Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Seha pic = mind blown!=P~

8. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    A good graphics tablet would help I suppose. And actually, I like charcoal too.

9. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Scour eBay for a tablet on the cheap. I got mine for pretty cheap from eBay, factory sealed. I've had it for several years now, and I should consider replacing the tip in the stylus and the cover for the tablet itself, but I haven't gotten around to it. It works just fine.

Transitioning to a tablet wasn't very difficult. I got used to my tablet the first couple days I used it.

10. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    It might be a lil disorientating at first if you haven't used one before. A tip is to train yourself to follow the cursor when you draw instead of the pen nib and it'll become second nature. If you would like, we can continue the discussion over in the Artist Lounge :)

I am still in the planning process but I am going to put my name down for Corran Horn + special guest...

11. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Anakin Solo: Remembering a Hero.

[​IMG]

Farewell, all! I hope to draw again with you soon! :)

Evil.

12. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Brilliant work! A fitting final piece to the Solo children. :)

Evil_King_Wiggins likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have Mara with baby Ben

[​IMG]

Adalia-Durron and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I still need to do Wedge, don´t I?

15. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Is Exar Kun still available? If so I will take him. My crazy fanfic sock is almost done with NaNo and now I'm getting bored. ;)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I still need to draw Kyp. I've been a bit sidetracked with things, lately. Darth Real Life just absolutely loves to come around during the holiday season.

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Your name has been to the list :)

18. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Okay, I worked on this today. The pyramid I took from a photo and manipulated it a little since I get too bored drawing bricks. I drew the planet. The character I started out with a Poser figure to get the basic shape and then painted over it. For some reason the images I saw online of this Sith had him with a blue lightsaber. So I guess not all Sith carry the red sabers. He is supposed to be on Yavin IV.

[​IMG]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    A sith is nothing if not practical at times. Perhaps he is a fallen Jedi that hasn't replaced his crystals or feels it was an homage to what he overcame. Lovely work though.

All of these pictures are fantastic! I especially liked getting to see all the Solo children and a mystery book character finally given a face. Bravo!

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I swear when the NaNo madness is over I will bent down on my art materials again, okay?

21. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I don't know if I will be able to make deadline with Corran due to DRL but that piece is still coming.

If it doesn't then I'll arrange something special to make up for that.

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh crap. I forgot all about this. I'll have to see if I can whip something up in the next few days. I've been sick, so not sure if I'll be up to it at this point, but I will try.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I don't think I can finish Kyp, but at least I got a sketch of him! It's something! In the meantime... Darth Real Life says "hello." He lured me with cookies. HE LURED ME WITH COOKIES!

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I was NOT aware that my Czech sister-in-law went all the way to the USA with her shoe boxes filled with Czech Christmas cookies. *winks*

TrakNar likes this.