main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events ~The EU Challenge Season 2~ {A Fan Art / EU Crossover Competition} - Status - Closed

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Corellian_Outrider, May 24, 2013.

1. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    The EU Challenge (EUC/FanArt Competition) Season 2

Due to popular demand, Adalia-Durron and myself are proud to present the return of the EU Challenge for our two forums.

The subject matter will be the Expanded Universe, though with the large collection of wonderful characters, it makes it hard to select which ones to add to the list… so we'll leave that up to you to make the choice of which ones that will appear on the list.

So head on over to the poll in the EUC and vote for which character you think should deserve the honour to be featured in the Art Challenge. Once the poll ends, I'll post up the winners and the art side of the challenge begins.

2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Come on Guys!!! Get your butts over there and vote! We need more votes! It's not going to get there if you don't click!!! ;) :p

3. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Welcome!

The Fan Art Challenge returns yet again with another special edition: The EU Challenge - Season 2. The main idea of the challenge is not to be a contest to beat out your fellow artists, but an outlet in which we can all grow and explore new ideas and possibilities together. So, here we go...

[COLOR=steelblue][B]What is the Official Fan Art Challenge?[/B][/COLOR]

A place for artists and fans alike to participate in quarterly themed drawing exercises.

[COLOR=steelblue][B]Who can participate?[/B][/COLOR]

The challenge is open to anyone and all skill levels. It doesn't matter if you can paint like Picasso or you can only draw a simple stick figure, you're more than welcomed to participate.

[COLOR=steelblue][B]How does the challenge work?[/B][/COLOR]

Any medium is accepted and as I said above, all skill levels are welcomed. You are free to submit a simple sketch or a finished piece of art.

[hl=steelblue][COLOR=silver][B][U]The layout has changed for this version of the challenge:[/U][/B][/COLOR][/hl]

The theme is characters of the Expanded Universe, a choice of twelve candidates has already been decided by a [URL='http://boards.theforce.net/threads/the-eu-challenge-a-fan-art-eu-crossover-competition-status-launching.50012457/']poll in the EU Community[/URL]. To participate, you choose which one you would like to take on and post the number from between 1 to 12. If a choice that you had wanted to take on has been taken, you may also select that choice. You may choose to do a second one however you must complete and post your first choice before you can take on another.

You will have until the end of the year to complete and post your artwork/s.

[COLOR=steelblue][B]Where should I post my challenge entries?[/B][/COLOR]

Right here to this thread. I want to keep all the entries in one place, but as always, you're more than welcomed to post them to your individual threads as well.

[COLOR=steelblue][B]Are critiques allowed?[/B][/COLOR]

The short answer is yes. Let's remember to keep things within the TOS and to keep things positive and constructive. Critiques are meant to help an artist, not tear into them like there is no tomorrow.

[COLOR=steelblue][B]How will voting work?[/B][/COLOR]

At the end of the time period, all the entries will be gathered together and voted on by your peers. This is not meant to be a serious contest, but a way to give back to the community for all the time and effort you put into this place. The entry with the highest amount of hits at the end of the voting period will be awarded something special.

If you have any questions or would like to suggest a topic for a future challenge, please don't hesitate to shoot me a PM!

Special thanks to [B]HanSolo29[/B] for developing the original Fan Art Challenges format and to [USER=884062]Adalia-Durron[/USER] for coordinating on this cross over opportunity!

[hr]

[hl=steelblue][COLOR=silver][B][U]Expanded Universe Challenge Candidates:[/U][/B][/COLOR][/hl]

#1: Jagged Fel
    #2: Talon Karrde - [U][URL='http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f203/jedijade88/Talonkarrde7psd333RGB_8_zps09f86236.jpg']academygrad88[/URL][/U]
    #3: Mitth'raw'nuruodo - [U]Evil_King_Wiggins,[/U] [U]TrakNar[/U]
    #4: Shada D'ukal
    #5: Dash Rendar - [U][URL='http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/843/ezzj.jpg/']TrakNar[/URL][/U]
    #6: Fay - [U][URL='http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd326/Corellian_Outrider/Gallery/MasterFayC5_zps3aa5f0e6.jpg~original']Corellian_Outrider[/URL],[/U] [U][URL='http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk124/earlybird-obi-wan/fay_zps0ba43d50.png']earlybird-obi-wan[/URL][/U]
    #7: Jarael
    #8: Revan - [U][URL='http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p735/Darth-Loocas/THX-1138-PC/PhotoBucket/Star%20Wars%20FanFiction%20Gallery/DarthRevan_zps0132e514.jpg']Darth Loocas[/URL][/U]
    #9: Shae Vizla
    #10: Meetra Surik - [U][URL='http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p735/Darth-Loocas/THX-1138-PC/PhotoBucket/Star%20Wars%20FanFiction%20Gallery/DarkMeetraSurik_zps23148137.jpg']Darth Loocas[/URL][/U]
    #11: Bo Katan - Phil Lowe
    #12: Twi'lek - any and all Twi'leks - ([U][URL='http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p735/Darth-Loocas/THX-1138-PC/PhotoBucket/Star%20Wars%20FanFiction%20Gallery/aayla1_zps1360bf79.jpg']Aayla Secura - Darth Loocas[/URL][/U])

[hl=steelblue][COLOR=silver][B][U]Due Date:[/U][/B][/COLOR][/hl] 9th September

Happy drawing...

4. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Mitth'raw'nuruodo, I choose you! :D

Evil.

Corellian_Outrider likes this.
  5. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    I'll choose.....

Master Fay

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I'll take Dash Rendar.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I like to choose Fay. She plays a large part in my fics

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Talon Karrde please!

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Presenting here Master Fay (old acryllic I have done before) and the new one for the contest in watercolours

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Darth Loocas

Darth Loocas Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 14, 2013
    i choose "the exile" meetra surik.
    ty

11. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    This design of surik is based on the 1st. concept art of surik i saw in wookieepedia & the character appearance i chose playing KOTOR II..so its not based on her appearance in SWTOR game...
    this is Dark Side Surik Choke/Crush ing atris ,taking her revenge...
    done with fineliners(black & color), color pencils & PS finish.

[​IMG]

i usually like to use text in my drawings sometimes just a title ,sometimes ALOT like in this case...some may like it,many may hate it,but i like to give them a "poster" feel
    plus i wasn't sure about the hilts so i made them up...sorry for any incontinuity!;)

12. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Talon Karrde. Done using Painter 12 and Photoshop CS5.1

[​IMG]

Tarsier likes this.
  13. Phil Lowe

Phil Lowe Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2013
    Newbie (Noob?) here...I was somewhat active back in the old days, but I have no idea what my name on the forums was.
    I've been lurking since the big announcement last year, and decided to re-register to join this challenge.

I'll take #11: Bo Katan if that's alright.

14. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    i choose Darth Revan as my second choice,
    ty

15. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    ok,this is darth revan....i wanted to do my own version of his mask,costume & saber,so intentionally ddn't study his attire details,ddnt want to copy whats out there already...
    -black & colored fineliners,color pencils,PS for some effects-

[​IMG]

16. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    i'll take aayla secura in the twi'leks as my final choice.
    ty.

17. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    this is aayla, if she wasnt saved & redeemed from the dark side...(the tattoos are based on Jon Foster's Piece)
    -black & colored fineliners,water color,some PS finishing touches-
    [​IMG]

18. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Nice drawing, Darth Loocas. Aalya looks mad! Was she dark? I don't think I know her back story. Wasn't she the Jedi who was killed on that planet full of big flowers in ROTS?

Darth Loocas likes this.
  19. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    thank you,
    yes she was killed on felucia,but it says "WHAT IF..." at the upper left,cuz' she was once seduced to take the dark path by Anzati Dark Jedi Volfe Karkko ,but quinlan vos ,her master , fought her & brought her back to the light
    so i thought i draw her fully pledged to the dark side...as if she wasnt saved at all.
    i loved to see a dark aayla...

btw if u're interested in her biography check this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aayla_Secura

20. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Thanks for the information. I only knew her from people drawing her here. I don't know much about the time before the Original Trilogy.

21. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
  22. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Finally got around to scanning Dash (he was finished for a while, I just hadn't scanned him until tonight).

[​IMG]

I'll take Thrawn next.

23. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    i dont know if its ok to speak our mind at this point in the competition,but with never dying respect to all our friends who put their works here...IMO so far CO's work's the best! im rooting for CO from now on...way to go,CO![face_dancing]

although i have to say we all have different styles & all are good in their own right,& hard to compare with each other ,which is the beauty of this contest & art in general.
    but i just couldnt help it,CO's fay is a real eyecandy!

24. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Thank you for your compliments and to answer your question, critiques are allowed as outlined in the challenge guideline :)

I'm still planning out the layout for my next piece as I have something special in mind for it.

25. Darth Loocas

Jun 14, 2013
    can't wait....:confused: