main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The EU Empire

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by JediStryker, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediStryker

JediStryker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2000
    The power of the Dark Side and the Empire, my friend...wahahahahahaha!

2. GrandAdmiralThrawn66

GrandAdmiralThrawn66 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 16, 2002
    My emperor, may a wise Chiss be allowed to join your Empire?

3. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    Can I be the official Rat Stew rebellion leader? [face_mischief]

4. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    There's already a wise Chiss here. ;)

5. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    WAIT! Fire is your "Sith Laison"?!?!

He's my Senator's aide and a fellow Jedi!

Your feeble threads are no match for the power of the Dark Side!

:p

6. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    So what are we going to do actually to show that are methods are better?

7. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    We are going solve problems more efficiently and quickly by coming up with answers independently from a council. We will decide what's best for the whole of the community, as opposed to allowing representatives to debate issues to death. In a fast-moving environment like this, there is no time for the petty squabbles inherint in a representative system; people need solutions that are fast and to the point. We will provide those answers, and ensure they are enforced to the best of our abilities.

8. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

But than we have to go look for problems in the other threads ... Not?

9. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Problems should be brought to us to solve, as they would be brought to the Senate. Though instead of debating problems and having to cast tedious votes on issues, we will quickly propose solutions and dispose of problems without the shackles of their false democracy.

10. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Are you sure that's a good idea? Having not thought about problems thoroughly enough could be problematic. Whereas the senate would and they'd be sure that their results were the best.

11. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Sigh.
    I guess I'll have to take on the role of Luke Skywalker and find some way to lead to this Empire's collapse and the death of Emperor Stryker.

:D ;) :p

12. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Are you sure that's a good idea? Having not thought about problems thoroughly enough could be problematic. Whereas the senate would and they'd be sure that their results were the best.

If Mods and Admins endlessly debated their decisions in their committees or in Senate hearings, then nothing on this board would get done. It would lead to chaos, and eventually people would leave. In situations like this, you need a swift hand and a bold decision-maker; one who is not afraid to make the big judgements fast. That way, things run as smoothly as possible, without all the in-fighting and lockdowns that are inherint in a 'debate first/act later' government like your senate.

13. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    If Mods and Admins endlessly debated their decisions in their committees or in Senate hearings, then nothing on this board would get done. It would lead to chaos, and eventually people would leave. In situations like this, you need a swift hand and a bold decision-maker; one who is not afraid to make the big judgements fast. That way, things run as smoothly as possible, without all the in-fighting and lockdowns that are inherint in a 'debate first/act later' government like your senate.

Actually they do debate decisions in the modsquad forum. Not petty ones, but decisions nonetheless. Swift and bold, somehow I doubt you're either of those. To be swift you'd have to think on your feet. Which clearly you're incapable of doing. ;) And bold, you need to take chances that require you sacrificing yourself. Which I doubt you'd do. You seem more of Sir Robin type person. "He bravely ran away away." :p

The senate however is swift and bold. We take chances, albeit bad ones at times. That and we've got a fomer manager who supports us. What have you got? :p

14. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Actually they do debate decisions in the modsquad forum. Not petty ones, but decisions nonetheless.

Hah! They may debate board policy and such, but no one debates a thread closure, or a warning to another member, and the mundaities of everyday life in this forum.

Swift and bold, somehow I doubt you're either of those. To be swift you'd have to think on your feet. Which clearly you're incapable of doing.

:eek: Such a baseless accusation! You have no evidence of such a claim!

And bold, you need to take chances that require you sacrificing yourself. Which I doubt you'd do. You seem more of Sir Robin type person. "He bravely ran away away."

Again, your petty and baseless accusations have no place here. You, like your compatriots, always degrade yourselves by sinking to the lowest common denominator: petty insults and bickering.

The senate however is swift and bold. We take chances, albeit bad ones at times. That and we've got a fomer manager who supports us. What have you got?

We have fresh, new ideas. New faces and new structures that will lift this forum out of the dark ages and take it to places it's never been. Your senate has failed numerous times, and yet like the rat who does not realize that his treat is electrified, you try again and again, shocking yourself each time but learning nothing.

It is time for something new, something bold. You say that I do not take chances, but I contend that it is you who does not take the chance. The chance that something new and glorious may succeed where you and your senate have failed. I want to bring light and peace to this forum, whereas you simply trudge in the dusty annals of your failed history, trying again and again to resurrect this corpse you call a senate.

Nay, good friend, it is you who are neither bold nor willing to chance. And that is why, ultimately, I will succeed where you have failed again and again.

Let it be heard throughout the forums of this great message board, that I will make the EU Community rise and take it's rightful place as the preeminent forum of this glorius board! All it will take, fellow friends and peace lovers, is a vote for me!

15. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    The Imperial Navy thread never had over 100 members. Much less over 30. Alittle too proud aren't we, GAJ ;) :p

And the EUC Civil War did have a large part in the creation of the RP Forum but I don't think it was directly responsible. The reason I asked the Administration to make a RPF was because RPGs were happening all over the JC and it basically had free reign over the Boards. The EUC Civil War was just the largest of the RPGs occuring..

But I'm not here to bore you guys with EUC/RPF history so carry on... :D

16. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Interesting, but let me again point out that this is not an RP thread, but rather an attempt at helping to bring a self-sustained order to the EU Community forum without leaning on the oft-failed EU Senate.

17. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    We cannot allow the Empire to fail.

18. GrandAdmiralThrawn66

GrandAdmiralThrawn66 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 16, 2002
    I agree Stryder

19. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Wait though. That makes Jedi Stryker supreme ruler of the EUC? His word is law?

20. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    Do you have a problem with that...Admiral?

21. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Blargh....EUE my arse!

22. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    I believe that FID is growing fearful that we will soon be running the EUC. :D

23. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Ben: Alright, not over 100. But we had a lot. I'm searching my e-mail inbox for the old roster.

Strker: Don't be too confident. FID here is an expert at insurrection and such. If you do anything wrong, he'll be sure to push it into your face.

Though he does tend to make a lot of assumptions... :p

24. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    No, just making sure. So whats your policy for election then, JediStryker?

25. JediStryker

Mar 5, 2000
    If you are referring to the Senatorial election, I wish to be elected Supreme Chancellor so that we can shape the Senate in our image; thus creating a new, more powerful Empire.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.