main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Games The EUC Bachelorette - Winner Announced - Let's see where this goes!!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Joe, Mar 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior_Goddess

Warrior_Goddess Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2006
    Wasn't doubting your honestly, that's just the comment I gave for him lol.

BultarSwan likes this.
  2. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Yes, well it was right after you asked if mine actually counted as a guilty pleasure. :p

I'm just hard-wired to notice when people say things that sound like they think I'm lying :p

3. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Oh, Are you now? "Hard wired"? Sounds phony...

4. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Eh? Its just a figure of speech 'brain is hard-wired to do one thing' for example.

5. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    I think I'm onto something [face_thinking]

((I'm kidding, Skyguy. :p))

6. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    (I realize this :p )

7. Joe

Dec 25, 2012
    ((What tipped you off?))

8. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    (the multiple quotes :p )

9. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    The_Zeltron and Admiral Volshe like this.
  10. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    That one is easy:

My Grandmother dying. At the time, I thought it was my mother who had died (as I had been living with my grandparents from as early as I could remember and no one corrected me). Considering I was only in Third Grade at the time, it absolutely tore me apart. The only real way I recovered was withdrawing somewhat, hence the problems I have with my emotions these days. Especially true since I was the oldest of my little group (my brother and aunt) and I wanted to look strong for them.

So I suppose it is debatable if I ever truly recovered from it.

11. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    I've lost all my grandparents and it's true; you never really recover, you just continue.

12. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    On a less depressing note...

I found another guilty pleasure: All my 3D models :p

13. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    I keep getting behind. I guess that's what happens when you get busy. :p

So, first, guilty pleasure.... Food, probably.

Worst thing that ever happened to me..... This one is tough. I'd have to say finding out my dad considered money more important than me was probably one of the worst things that happened to me. As far as how I recovered, I'm still working on that. So far, I've mostly just learned how to forgive, and accept that just because someone treated me in a certain way doesn't mean I am deserving of it.

Anyway, not to bring the party down... Do we have another cheerful question coming? :p

BultarSwan likes this.
  14. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Wow - pretty depressing in here...

my worst thing is pretty much the same, big illness in the family, I just had to continue on, especially as when it happened I was heading off to university :/

15. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    has been listening to all answers with intense interest....and is ready to ask her question....

wanders around room, holding the gaze of each entrant before turning to face them all....

Now for the e Mother question..... [face_devil]

Are you willing to go all the way with the e-marriage? Even if that means shes not interested in adopting an e-child and it would be just the two of you?

16. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    waits to see who answers the question with intense interest

17. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Umm... OK...

well as long as she is happy that is always the main thing

18. DarthRelaxus

DarthRelaxus Chosen One star 5

Apr 23, 2007
    Sure, no problem.

19. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I am back on and I have to bring myself up to speed. So… where to start…

Calamari… there is a place I know that crumbs it with herbs and spices and the end results is just lovely and the flavour…. and now I want some now. We got some lovely seafood in Australia, you should definitely try it if you get a chance to come over.

JediFalcon, what drew me in at first was was curiosity. On the surface there was this lovely, fearless pilot from the Twin Suns squadron. Brave, this devil-may-care… pirate smile… and when you look at her at times when she is focused… you catch a glimpse of something more working beneath the surface.

Over the time I got to know Becca… who she is… there were similarities between us which I didn't notice before. She is a fellow artist in her own right and her skills are quite good and developing well. I hope that she does continue to push and challenge herself as she is capable of so much more. There are overlapping interests and wavelengths that we share but there are also differences in other areas.

Warrior_Goddess, a guilty pleasure? Tangled.

BultarSwan. I am not sure how to answer about the worse thing that happened to me as there be bound to be others later in life and time has a way of dulling or suppressing such memories. There is the loss of friends, family and love. Betrayal, sabotage, manipulation and ill-will from others directed at me has hurt and yet I remain strong. There is one thing though… the thing about being strong is that no one asks if you are okay. So very few ever see the inside and what holds those foundations up.

Adalia-Durron, it works both ways as a successful relationship requires an open connection between those involved… some people do not realise that there will be hard times when the connections are tested and they break. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

In other words: "I am not afraid."

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You will be.....you will be - Yoda.
    Daft Vader? You sound unsure...wasn't a strong responce...

DarthRelaxus? Depth is needed there.....bit flippant for my liking.

Now where are the others... [face_devil]

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Tangled! If it weren't for Disney owning Pixar (and I suppose now Lucasfilm), Tangled would probably be my favourite Disney film. Well, after PotC. And Mulan. But it's up there! :p

22. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    I literally just got up Addie :p

I've got to head to class, but as soon as I get there I'll edit an answer in (unless someone posts after me)

23. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Tangled was made by the Disney Animation Studio, while Pixar and Lucasfilm are their own entities that fall under the Disney banner... so Tangled should still count on your list. There is something about that film that just... for lack of better words... makes things feel better.

Oh and there's Pascal.

24. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Corellian_Outrider very well thought out answers :)

Do you promise to treat her as a person with e-quality and not e-cheat no matter how tempting it may become? For all contestants

What made you interested in Becca in the first place? What is it about her that attracted you to her? for the rest of the contestants

@Corellian_Outrider
    @Skywalker_T-65
    @Daft-Vader
    @The_Zeltron
    @DarthRelaxus

25. Skywalker_T-65

Nov 19, 2009
    Simply put...yes, yes I am. Of course, that isn't a good answer, so I will go into more detail:

I am not the type of person to give up on something. I do my absolute best at everything I do, and that continues here. One of the most important things in any relationship (online or otherwise) is that both people do their best at understanding each other, and getting to know each other. That's how I've been raised, and what I plan on doing here. How does this relate to the question?

Well...I personally believe that the best way to 'go all the way' is to make sure one is willing to understand their partner, and work with what they like. If there isn't communication (like CO pointed out) a marriage would fall apart. Thus, I will do my best to get to know Becca, and work with her on making this work. Even if that means no E-children (not that I'm ready for any yet anyway...I'm only 19!).

Now to answer the other questions that have popped up while I've been working on this:

To the first one: That is another thing that I believe in...never (e)cheating. That's a betrayal of the worst kind, and something I would never do, no matter what. It just...lets say I can't put into words just how much I despise cheaters. And I believe in treating everyone equally, so that isn't a problem either.

The second one: Personality more than anything else. I got to know her very well through the GoL, and it is sometimes scary how much we are alike. This is something that I look for in relationships, so it really does help matters.

The_Zeltron and Adalia-Durron like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.