1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive The EUC-RPF Masters Tournament

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Sinrebirth, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    The First Annual EUC-RPF Lightsaber Dueling Tournament

[image=http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Episode-3-star-wars-41389_1280_1024.jpg]

The Rules

Welcome to the First Annual EUC-RPF Lightsaber Dueling Tournament. Designed for entertaining, friendly, and good-natured competition between role-players, the competitors will be judged based on both their dueling and role-playing skills. Neither aspect of the tournament should be neglected during any duel, as both are integral to a good match. After each duel, the winner shall be determined by a panel of three judges, one from the EUS, one from the RPF, and one from the general population of the board hosting the tournament. The judges will, of course, present a small explanation detailing their reasons for selecting who they did as the winner.

The location where each duel will take place will be posted before each match, and will also signal the start of that match. The match will run for a week, and each duelist will have to make a minimum of at least three posts during that time period, so that their skills may be judged properly. They will take turns with their post, with the first duelist in alphabetical order by username going first. If absolutely necessary, the judges retain the capacity to intervene in the duel should there be a violation of the aforementioned rules. Also note that godmoding is strictly prohibited, and actions will be taken in the judgments against any competitor found to be doing so.

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/7/7f/LvV.jpg/800px-LvV.jpg]

The Judges

EUS Judge: Sinrebirth
    RPF Judge: Saintheart
    RPF Judge: Imperial_Hammer

May the Force be with you all, and good luck.

[image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/3/3f/Clash_of_Gods.jpg]

***Force Powers***

*Light and dark players are assigned 26 points, while "gray" players receive 22*

For followers of the light side of the Force (Jedi): Light Powers cost 3, Neutral Powers cost 2, Dark Powers are Unaccessible
    For those who choose to follow neither path (Potentium, Jensaarai and similar belief systems): Light Powers cost 4, Neutral Powers cost 1, Dark Powers Cost 4
    For adepts of the dark side of the Force (Sith, "Dark Jedi", etc.): Light Powers are Unaccessible, Neutral Powers cost 2, Dark Powers cost 3

*For technical purposes, Imperial Knights are considered to follow neither path, as they follow only their Emperor's commands.

If a focus in a particular direction is intended, then powers may be purchased twice to enable them to effect this. However, they may only be purchased twice, so that one player may not dominate by choosing only one power.

Light
    - Valor: The user's physical strength, speed, and agility are all boosted for one post. Can be used twice.
    - Protection Bubble: The user is surrounded by a Force-powered bubble for one post, negating any offensive Force powers targeting them and blocking any objects thrown at them for the duration of its use. Can be used twice.
    - Rejuvenation: The user restores their body with the Force, healing physical damage and curing the status conditions of Blinding and Scream. Also revitalizes the user if fatigued or exhausted. Can be used twice.
    - Cleansing: The user cleanses their body with the Force, curing the status conditions of Malacia, Plague, Horror, and Waves of Darkness. Can be used twice.
    - Blinding: The user creates a flash of overpowering light with the Force, blinding any enemies who are able to see it for one post. Can be used twice.
    - Enhance Neutral Skill: The user can double the current number of usages they have for one neutral Force power. Cannot be used on a power that has already been exhausted. Can be used once.
    - Malacia: Th
  2. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    EUC Contestants

In no particular order...

Kahn_Iceay

Name: Norn Dukai
    Species: Human (Corellian)
    Alignment: Imperial Knight (Imperial Special Operations Knight)
    Form: Niman
    Makashi
    Additional: Echani Martial Arts (Special Operatives Training)
    Weapon:Imperial Knight Lightsaber
    Attire: Imperial Special Operations Knight Armor (black Imperial Knights armor)
    Powers: Enhance Neutral Skill
    Rejuvenation
    Absorb
    Battle Precognition
    Push
    Pull
    Jump
    Shield
    Speed
    Cloak
    Wave
    Sight
    Telekinesis

Despised1

Name: Xen Gaal
    Alias: Darth Sicarius
    [image=http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m54/Dinkus_Mayhem/Star%20Wars/ss040.jpg]
    Species: Human
    Alignment: Sith
    Form: Jar'Kai & Djem So
    Weapon: 2 dual phase silver bladed lightsabers.
    [image=http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m54/Dinkus_Mayhem/Star%20Wars/Sith_Lightsaber_by_Bonez18B.jpg]
    Attire: No armor. His inner cassock is pure white, and fits snuggly over his athletic body to allow for ease of movement when needed. This cassock has silver silk embroidery depicting symbols of Sith power and knowledge.

Over that he wears a fine woven loose fitting and flowing outer cassock of pure white, this can be removed easily if needed.

Powers: (26 points total)

Neutral = (14 points)
    Battle Precognition x2 (4)
    Shield x2 (4)
    Speed x2 (4)
    Telekinesis (2)

Dark = (12 points)
    Scream (3)
    Plague x2 (6)
    Death Field (3)

Kev-Mas_Colcha

Name: Kev-Mas Colcha
    Date of Birth: 45 BBY
    Alignment: Twilight Templar
    Form: Shien and Djem So
    Weapon: Lightclub
    Attire: Emperor's Shadow Guard Armor (including helmet), with robe replaced with a cape.
    Powers: Light - Rejuvenation
    Neutral - Shield, Wave
    Dark - Rage, Storm, Bolt of Hatred (x2)

Trimaj

Name: Olan Hurdren
    Species: Zabrak
    Alignment: Reformed Jedi i.e. left the Order due to some disagreements but still considers himself Lightside (Still refuses to use Darkside powers)
    Form: Makashi, Vaapad
    Weapon: Angled hilt duel phased saber, orange blade. Secondary blade extends length but makes it thinner and is violet. Shifting the phase requires rotating the hilt at the point of angling to the left from the orange blade, or to the right from the violet.
    Attire: Simple black flight suit and black boots.
    Powers: 26 points

3 Cleansing
    6 Enhance Neutral skill (x2)
    2 Battle Precog
    2 Jump
    2 Speed
    2 Shield
    3 Rejuv
    6 Absorb (x2)

total 26

History: Olan was a Jedi for over thirty-five years, having been at the temple since the age of seven. Unlike most of the Jedi he questioned things in a fundamentally different way as he grew up, and that only carried over into adulthood. Despite this he still managed to carry out missions and show an adeptness with, if not a preferred understanding of, the Force that eventually lead to him being made a master at the age of forty. However when he started teaching his views to others he was told to stop. Things quickly came to a head and Olan was censored from teaching, or told to only present what the other Master's agreed upon... even to his padawan. This was simply too much, and Olan decided within a year of this decision to leave the Jedi. Since then, for the last four years (putting him at the age of forty-six) Olan has been living his life as he thinks the Jedi should have done, and has considered starting a rival school that will at least allow consideration of what would be considered "heretical thoughts" instead of forcing them into the abyss.

Mitth_Fisto

Name: Mika?sai?Jeisel
    Species: Female Devaronian (Added Gender here since it was unspecified.)
    Alignment: Jensaarai
    Form: Form VII Juyo, and Form V Djem So
    Weapon: Double Bladed Lightsaber ?the Long Maul variation
    Attire: Black lightsaber resistant armor modeled after a quarra, with gold and red accents around the eyes, teeth, hands, and feet.
    Powers:
    Lightside - Absorb & Cleansing
    Neutral - Battle Precognition, />/>/>/>
  3. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    RPF Contestants

Clearly in order of godliness, as I put Sith-I-5 first...

Sith-I-5

Name: Inquisitor Nelf / Yavinelf Dangerrescue
    --Age: Not applicable. Where he comes from (Everquest MMORPG) characters grow by levels, not years. Level 32. This will never change in Galaxy At War, so stuck at 32.
    ----Species: Norrathian. Human-elf hybrid.
    -----Eye Color: Black
    ------Hair Color and Style: Full head of brown hair, brushed back.
    -------Skin Complexion: Caucasian with a tanned, faint greenish tint.
    --------Clothing: Sable cloak, black tunic, trousers, shirt. Polished black kneeboots.
    ---------Physique: Strong, muscled, wiry, good condition. Trained to physical perfection by the Inquisitorious.
    ----------Personality: Driven. Troubled by his past, and a subconscious desire to find his two fellow Norrathians. His conscious mind has been honed by the Inquisitorious to embrace loyalty to the Empire, and to want to hunt down jedi.
    -----------Quirks: Favours the accoutrements of his Norrathian past.
    ------------Force Sensitive: Yes. Artificially promoted within him by the Inquisitorious. Already possessed supernatural and magical powers. I expect I will be asked to withhold the non-Force powers, but I reserve the right to at least roleplay having the Gate emergency teleport?

Biography
    -Brief History: Norrath ? Was a Rescue Ranger with Surefall Paramedics. Travelled the continent, responding to distress calls. As a half-elf, possesses ability to memorise magical spells from spellbook, and cast them on himself and others. Limited to what he possessed at point of leaving Norrath. Includes, ?Camo? temporary invisibility, faster running speed, fire and ice (natural) offensive spells, protective armour spells to make his or others? flesh harder to penetrate. Can assign himself a Bind Point somewhere, and Gate (teleport) himself back to it. Possesses natural telepathy. Now add Sith skills.
    Galaxy At War ? How he got here is unknown. Worked for the Bureau of Extra-Sensory Intellect, a part of the Senate Bureau of Intelligence, during the Galactic Republic and the Clone Wars, before it became part of Imperial Intelligence.
    Attracted the attention of the Inquisitorious, and was taken to the Deep Core to further develop his abilities, and trained to hunt and interrogate jedi.
    --Military History: Worked with a young Ysanne Isard while she was still an SBI agent, and with her, helped prevent release of the Loedorvian Brain Plague by the CIS. Rescued her from Thromberg the Hutt's ocean base on Iskalon.
    ---Traumatic Experiences: Getting his hand cut off by Emperor's Hand Jacen Wayland, over Coruscant. Has had it re-attached for this, but his piano playing days are over.

Personal Ship ? Theta-class T-2c shuttle, STEALF.

Jedi/Sith/General Grievous Only
    -Lightsaber Blade Color: Crimson. It?s de rigueur at the Inquisitorious.
    --Lightsaber Type: Bloody lethal. Can I say 'bloody'?
    ---Hilt Description: Okay, you know Russian dolls, where one goes inside the other? Well, the basic weapon if pulled from the horizontal scabbard, is a hilt and a three-pronged, beaten metal, Finely Crafted Sheer Blade. But if he presses the release on the hilt first, the FCSB will stay sheathed, and the hilt will come out by itself. A lightsabre blade can be generated from that separated hilt.

Lightsabre tournament data

***Force Powers***

NEUTRAL
    Push 4
    Pull 2
    Jump 4
    Shield 2
    Speed 2
    Wave 2
    Sight 2
    Telekinesis 2

DARK
    Crush 3

Combustion 3
    _______
    26 points

Lightsabre Forms
    Form III - Soresu

***Weapons***
    Lightsabre as wielded by Luke Skywalker.

DarkLordoftheFins

Name: Lorn
    Alignment: Dark Jedi
    Form: Makashi, Jar`Kai
    Weapon: Lightsaber (blue), Shortsaber (Red)
    Attire: Simple black tunic
    Powers:

[blockqu
    />
  4. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Order of Battle

A battle shall take a week, from Wednesday to Wednesday, starting this 3rd June. This is to enable players to take advantage of any weekend availability they may have. Judgments will follow on the Monday and Tuesday from the three judges. These duels have been picked by assigning everyone a number and using a randomiser.

The arena for battle will be put up on the Tuesday by a Judge, and then you shall be expected to begin on the Wednesday. The first of your TFN names alphabetically e.g. Sinrebirth not Darth Insipid, is to start, and it would be helpful to re-include your sheet for ease of location.

It is recommended you include a tally of your powers and remaining uses at the end of your post, after the TAG, so that you and everyone else can keep track of things. As ever, concerns to PM please. All discussion and/or heckling to the sign-up threads, which are now reborn as discussion threads.

May the Force be with you!

Quarterfinals

Game 1.) Kev-Mas_Colcha vs. Sith-I-5

Game 2.) Ktala vs. Kahn_Iceay

Game 3.) The_Loyal_Imperial vs. Mitth_Fisto

Game 4.) DarkLordoftheFins vs. Trimaj

Game 5.) Master-Of-Evil vs. JEDI_TEEGIRLOO

Game 6.) JEDIGUNSHIP vs. Despised1

Semis

Game 7.) Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2

Game 8.) Winner of Game 3 vs. Winner of Game 4

Game 9.) Winner of Game 5 vs. Winner of Game 6

Finals

Winner of Game 7 vs. Winner of Game 8 vs. Winner of Game 9
  5. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Hoth

[image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d1/Hoth.jpg]

A ball of ice, a ball of snow, a tricky Templar, and an elf unknown...

The blizzard caressed the landscape, effacing the features of the land beneath a layer of harsh and unmitigated silver. The chances of survival were slim for those who walked the land, that possibility reduced by roaming wampa and echoes of the Imperial past that still prowled the land. But thankfully our battle was not to take place outside, no, but in the remnants of a base, over a century old, wrecked hulks of airspeeders and X-wings long pilfered of their working materials, the hangar floor dotted with equipment still out of date. The hangar doors are down, and darkness has engulfed the base, wrecked by the Empire, by wampas, and again by the Disciples of Ragnos. Nobody has visited Hoth since then. Light returns, melancholy spilling over the walls and alcoves, making the snow lining for glisten. Switches and wires become active, and life returns to the dead. Power has been restored to the base, for this.

The first duel.

[image=http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/5/54/EchoBaseHangar.jpg]

[image=http://www.captainblasto.com/misc/echo_base.jpg]

TAG: Kev-Mas_Colcha and Sith-I-5 (in that order)
  6. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Kev-Mas Colcha
    Echo Base, Hoth

Kev-Mas, after being stranded on Hoth from a hyperdrive malfunction of the Crimson Phoenix, had holed up in the ancient Echo Base, and managed to restore power to the ancient outpost.

In the old communication center of Echo Base, Kev-Mas tried his attempts at a distress call, intended for the ears of the Remsian Republic only.

"This is Gurei Shishou Kev-Mas Colcha," said Kev-Mas, handling the ancient piece of comm equipment in his hands, "I am stranded on Hoth - Echo Base to be exact, with a malfunctioning hyperdrive. I'd appreciate it if I got some assistance in returning home."

However, unbeknown to Kev-Mas, the dated equipment made it quite easy for an eavesdropper to intercept the call - which is exactly what happened, as a certain Inquisitor managed to catch on to his call.

TAG: Sith-I-5
  7. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Inquisitor Nelf / Yavinelf Dangerrescue
    Locations: Raxus Prime, Hoth

There are reasons why the history books state that Galen Marek, aka Starkiller, was alone, when he prevented that Star Destroyer from plummeting from orbit and devastating the city, but technically, he did have company.

The Inquisitor had been minding his own business, a couple of blocks away, doing the work of the Emperor.

?Yeah, can I have a medium Iridonian Roast, semi-skimmed. And can I have this, lightly toasted, please. Yes, to take away.?

Across the text-like display of his conscious mind, came the words: Galen Marek yells for help from off to the left of you.

Long-disused synapses fired instinctively, Yavinelf brought his head up to spy the coffee shop exit, and then it was just a blurred journey between there and the central plaza where the black-clad casualty was standing, one arm raised to the heavens.

Again working from long-established rescue procedures, the Rescue Ranger cast two sets of Light Healing on Marek, then circled him to identify and snare whatever was threatening his ?client?.
    He slowed after two revolutions, only a few seconds having passed since getting to the ?distress zone?, and stopped.

?Er, you don?t actually appear to be in danger, mate.? Yav? told the stranger. He could feel him exerting himself through the Force, directing his will into the golden dusk and belatedly followed the other?s gaze up into the sky.

?Hey, that?s an odd-shaped solar eclipse.? The Inquisitor continued to stare. ?And I didn?t know Imperial-class Star Destroyers could enter atmospheres.?

?Nothing to stop them.? The stranger pointed out, his voice strained. ?The trick is getting them back out again. I am trying to prevent this one from crashing and levelling the city.?

?Sooo?how?s that going??

?Why?d you think I called for help??

Inquisitor Nelf looked over his right shoulder, hoping to see a fleet of emergency vehicles arriving. They?d need a lot of crash foam.

Deathly silence. A dried tumbleweed rolled across the deserted thoroughfare.

He turned back. ?Waaaiiit a second. You mean me? Best I can do is cast Spirit of Wolf on you and we run like the wind!?

?You are Force Sensitive. Combining our telekinetic abilities, we stand a chance of pushing it back into orbit.?

The Rescue Ranger was frankly sceptical. Describing the gargantuan wedge of durasteel hull and myriad decks nosing ponderously out of the dusk skies as a 'mile-long', would not doing it justice.
    This was an Extinction-level Event waiting to happen! And as the three words popped into his mind, so did an icon, a black archway with glowing green surroundings: ?Gate?. His emergency personal teleport.
    Yav?s conscious mind tried to ignore it, whilst his subconscious tossed a pair of hastily-packed valise into the dark portal, donned a yellow t-shirt that simply said ?FOLLOW ME!? on the back, and leapt through.

Yavinelf experienced the momentary white flash across his vision, and the weightlessness that always heralded his use of the Power.
    Though he really had no conscious thoughts whilst in its clutches, he was aware of a passage of time, never more than a few seconds, that seemed longer in relation to the distance covered.

The first thing he noticed on arrival, was the cold. This was not the Byss Bistro!

He had been happy, more than drunk, when he had chosen his favourite bar stool as his Bind Point, meaning that if he Gated, he would end up there; his theory being, if he ever had to use it, he would probably need a drink afterwards.

The Inquisitor stared round the new surroundings with suspicion. It was possible that they had re-decorated since his last visit, knocked down a couple of the walls, done up the interior bulkheads with artificial ice, placed rusting starships around to give the impression of a long-disused hangar.

He bounced lightly on his heels, experimentally, hearing and feeling the whit
  8. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Echo Base, Hoth

It was just then that Kev-Mas felt something in the force he wasn't expecting to feel. Someone else.

"That's interesting," thought Kev-Mas, while under his helmet, his crimson hued cybernetic eyes' thermal vision activating, searching for anyone else who might be in the area, "What would anyone else be doing on this force forsaken ball of ice..."

Just then, it was made apparent, as he spotted a form of a cloaked figure, who, strangely, radiated with the Dark Side of the Force.

"This can't be good..." thought Kev-Mas, instinctively deactivating his thermal vision and reaching for and grabbing his black, pronged-emitter lightclub, removing it from his belt clip.

With a commanding voice, sounding like a Stormtrooper with a Coruscanti accent, he alerted the intruder to his presence, slowly walking out, the soles of his armored boots clunking on the pavement. "Halt! Who are you, and why are you here!?"

9. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Inquisitor Nelf / Yavinelf Dangerrescue

The Inquisitor stood, boots shoulder-width apart, in the centre of what he assumed to be the main hangar. A large opening behind him gave a view of the snow and windswept outside, over two felled blast-doors.

Before him, a dark figure in shiny black armour, a horizontal crimson slash across his helmet face-plate where his eyes should be, started to walk out from the shadow of a gutted snowspeeder. The stranger looked nothing so much as a negative version of the Emperor?s Royal Guard.

Then he remembered. Shadow Guard.

His Imperial Majesty had a lot of guards, come to that. Royal Guards, Shadow Guards, big drokkers like Moe back in the corridor where he?d left him. Apparently big guys really did have weak ankles.

?Halt!? The voice sounded like a Coruscanti accented stormtrooper. ?Who are you, and why are you here??

The Inquisitor said nothing, regarding the Templar through hooded eyes.

This was going down, regardless.

Moe had shown him the pictures: Ysanne. Kev-Mas. The depravity.

?How do I know you?ll duel him?? Moe had fished about in his obsidian robes, and pulled a colourful square of flimsi that he made to hand to the wary half-elf, but snatched it back at the last moment. ?I?m supposed to ask, do you know about Photoshop??

?Never heard of the drokker.?

?Okay. Here you go, then.?

Yav?s eyes bulged as he held the picture in his shaking fist, initial dismay turning to a growing anger that burned through him. ?Trip? That's my...?

When he had first worked with Ysanne Isard, she had been a young field agent in the Senate Bureau of Intelligence, and his favourite pet name for her, was derived from her S.B.I. callsign at the time: ?Triple-X?.

?That's my girlfriend.?

?Is it really?! Gosh, a coincidence, and no mistake.? Moe leaned over Yav?s shoulder to point at the pic?. ?I can get you that in one-sheet size, if you like.? The Sentinel knew he was being less than subtle, but was only too aware that Nelf had trouble ?reading between the lines?.

?What lines?? The telepathic Inquisitor growled, eyes burning scarlet as he consciously drew upon the Dark Side for the encounter ahead, the power infusing him and now colouring his speech.

In his mind, the bottom-most of a column of five alert signs, illuminated to the sound of a two-tone klaxon: DEFCON 5.

Now he saw that the stranger, Kev-Mas, had drawn his own weapon, an pronged emitter in black.

The Inquisitor drew his, grasping the rag-wrapped hilt of his own weapon, thumbing the release so that the beaten metal of the Norrathian Finely Crafted Sheer Blade stayed in the scabbard at his back, and only the hilt came free.

He thumbed that into life, so that a deep crimson energy blade grew horizontally across the front of his torso in the defensive opening stance of Form III.

In his mind, a two-tone klaxon as the next sign switched on: DEFCON 4.

?I am not here to fight you.? Nelf lied, using the mild form of Dun Möch to mis-direct his opponent.

The sad melodic chords of Duel of the Fates started to pipe through the Rebel Base? ancient public address system, punctuating the stand-off.

?Okay, apparently I am.? The Inquisitor directed his voice back into the corridor: ?Thanks, Moe.?

He regarded the Templar again. ?I am here to teach you some manners.?

DEFCON 3

Tag: Kev-Mas_Colchos

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Echo Base, Hoth

"I am here to teach you some manners," said the intruder, after the ignition of his lightsaber.

"Speak for yourself," said Kev-Mas, sending the attempt to intimidate him back at the intruder, igniting his lightclub, the crimson blade coming to life with a distinctive snap-hiss, extending to a length about as long as Kev-Mas was tall, "I was here first, you know."

Kev-Mas, utilizing what appeared to be the opening stance of Form V, standing with his main hand side facing his opponent, holding his lightclub with both hands out from his body, pointed upward in a diagonal motion in the direction of his off hand side, then transitioning into an opening salute, bringing the saber upright and held straight, while turning to face the opponent directly.

Quickly after that, Kev-Mas moved in for the strike, sending a strong sweeping blow at his opponent's off hand side. However, while doing so, recognizing his opponent's use of the Soresu Stance, he did something he rarely did - he didn't put everything he had into the blow, making sure not to expend himself, and make a costly mistake that his opponent could take advantage of.

11. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Inquisitor Nelf

?Speak for yourself.? The apparent Shadow Guard countered, ?I was here first, you know??

Yav? watched the SG ignite his own, similarly coloured lightsabre, but that was where the comparison failed, for the blade just continued growing.

There was an Ataru salute that he should have returned, but the Inquisitor was still thinking about the sheer length of the thing!

?You know what they say about people with long lightsabres,? he began, but honestly, his heart wasn?t in it.

The SG stepped forwards, sweeping the energy shaft in a fan of pink light to Yav?s left side, the Inquisitor moving his left hand to join his right on the pommel of his own weapon, and swept his blade anti-clockwise to parry the other, and sensing that the deflection would not be that effective, advanced whilst pirouetting three-hundred and sixty degrees, right to left, inside the other?s guard in a text-book jung ma to strike, at speed, at the Templar?s left hip.

Tag: Kev-Mas
  12. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Its actually a Djem So Salute. Ataru with a Lightclub wouldn't work, IMO.
    Echo Base, Hoth

Kev-Mas, didn't have time to respond to the witty comment about his saber length, of which he got enough of from his fellow Templars as it was.

Seeing his opponent prepare for a spinning strike, he didn't give him the chance to finish his acrobatic move, as he reached out to the force, and unleashed a powerful Force Wave, intending to blow his opponent backwards with the sheer power of the force, protecting him from his enemy's blade, and giving him yet another chance to strike.

Force Powers Used: 1 Force Wave
  13. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5

For his part, Inquisitor Nelf, who had felt the Force Wave hit him in the chest, thought he?d Gated again, and looked up hopefully from the end of the seventy metre furrow in the snow, hoping to see his bar stool: Byss Bistro? No? Damn.

Struggling for purchase, he sat up to find himself outside the hangar entrance. ?Okay. That gives new meaning to ?out cold?.?

Nelf recognised his vulnerability to a follow-through attack from the Templar, and gamely struggled up and out of the shallow trench to the sound of Moe?s gleeful cackling from inside.

Right. Well. If we are going to be tossing people about? then I?m taking my cloak off.

It had almost strangled him that last time it had been caught between his body and the deck he'd had been sliding over. He detached it, looked around for somewhere to hang it, then dropped it in the powder.

Glaring now, back towards the dimly-illuminated entry-way, he raised his right hand, started to generate a fireball, and sought out Kev-Mas' presence in the Force.

After a moment, he regarded his decidedly un-fiery digits with betrayed eyes, and realised that the 'port from Raxus Prime had exhausted his mana, that ethereal fuel that powered his non-Force abilities. Stang. Old School it is, then.

Yavinelf started to tromp across the crunchy snow back towards the entrance, footfalls sounded hollow as he stepped onto one of the fallen doors, dropping his right hand to his side where, a moment later, his dropped lightsabre jumped out of the snow behind him, and into his waiting palm where his fingers gripped it gratefully.

He stopped level with the entrance, the outside light creating a diffused halo round him. He held the un-lit weapon at his side, emitter pointed away from him, at the floor.

Moe was taking sides. ?Good, Colcha, gooood. Strike him down and take your father?s place at my side.?

Nelf frowned. ?You do know we?re not related, right??
    He thumbed the laser sword back into life and brought the humming red blade back round in front of him again.
    His Soresu wasn't going to do much good this far apart though.

He glared warily at Colcha, trying to determine a weakness to be exploited, absently flexing his left wrist to banish the growing ache.
    The surgeons aboard the medical frigate had done a bang up job re-attaching the hand, but they'd warned him that he could feel discomfort in cold weather.

True to form, it was really enjoying Hoth. Right now, it was by the hotel pool, supping a Pina Colada and eyeing up the totty.
    If Colcha didn?t make a move soon, Yav' was going back to the cloak, cut some off to wrap round his wrist.

?Nice trick, boy. But can you do it again??

Tag: Kev-Mas Colcha
  14. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Echo Base, Hoth

"You do know we?re not related, right?" asked the intruder rhetorically towards the location of the voice that had moments earlier egged Kev-Mas on.

"You're right," said Kev-Mas, using Dun Moch to demoralize his opponent, "My father was never that stupid looking."

Kev-Mas wasn't happy. He wanted this fool dead. It was enough that he had decided to show up, and possibly interfere with his getting back to Remsian Space, but now he was attacking him - like a typical Darksider would.

Next, Kev-Mas charged at his opponent. Not full speed, no, as that would be foolish against a practitioner of Soresu, but he did do so with enough force and momentum to cut durasteel.

15. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: I must credit pashatemur for the ?little red truck? line. :D

?You?re right. My father was never that stupid looking.?

Nelf allowed a small smile as the Templar came, and his first thought was to drop to one knee and spin his lightsabre towards the man at knee height, essentially ?fixing his little red truck?, but that stang only worked in holo-games.

The galaxy and his wife knew the Shii-Cho marks of contact by now; his lightsabre would be history.

Kev-Mas was close now, which meant his lengthy red super-blade was closer. Too drokking close.

Right, Telekinesis: switch the bastiche off. The half-elf focussed his mind on the activator for the oversized black hilt that Colcha wielded, and and was already moving his own blade to deflect the other?s aside, to parry it, if the deactivation ploy did not work.

Tag: Kev-Mas_Colcha

Force Power expended: 1 Telekinesis
  16. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    Judge's OOG: This match ends in two days. Just a reminder. :)
  17. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Echo Base, Hoth

As Kev-Mas was in mid charge, he realized that his saber was switched off. Irritated at his opponent's stupidity, he took advantage of the blade not being ignited. Seeing his opponent move his blade, Kev-Mas repositioned his newly re-ignited lightsaber, of which had an activation switch covered by his hand all along. Aimed at a new, less protected area on his opponent, Kev-Mas dug into his rage with the force, enhancing his strength tremendously, and swung his blade at the weak spot, determined to draw first blood.

"Figures. Those who look stupid also tend to be stupid..."

Force Powers Used: 1 Force Rage
  18. Sith-I-5 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Inquisitor Nelf / Yavinelf

You did not become a successful Rescue Ranger back on Norrath without the ability to evaluate facts, and draw conclusions from them, such as his perennial favourite: Er, that?s a griffin; don?t frag with it.

As regards the Templar,
    Fact: Has opposable thumbs, and enough dexterity and intelligence to get himself into and out of that armour.

Conclusion: In all likelihood, he?s going to be able to turn his own lightsabre back on.

In any case, when the lightclub flashed off, the Templar was still running towards the Inquisitor; he hadn?t chosen to maintain the safe distance while he turned it back on.

?Figures. Those who look stupid also tend to be stupid... ?

Nelf concentrated on the snowspeeder beyond and to the left of his still approaching adversary, and dropped to the iced floor, below the danger from Kev-Mas re-ignited blade.

PPPUUULLLLLL!!! and SPEED!

The frost-encrusted T-47 had been there for a century, and hopefully was not going anywhere; if it did, he?d be as surprised as the next half-elf with a Snowspeeder For A Face.

The Force Power, as intended, skidded the accelerating half-elf feet-first towards the outside of the oncoming warrior?s left calf, which he planned to enthusiastically slash at as he blurred past, and in his opinion, a sodding great blade like Colcha wielded, was quite the wrong weapon to re-direct and counter him.

Tag: Kev-Mas, and I don?t know if a GM has to make a decision about whether that snowspeeder shifts or not.

Force Powers expended: 1 Pull, 1 Speed.
  19. Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost

star 5
    Echo Base, Hoth

Kev-Mas didn't have enough time to react to the seemingly impossible move that his opponent pulled off. The kick to his left calf tripped him, and as he fell, he felt a slight burning sensation as the lightsaber of his opponent sliced through the armor on his boot. Had that not been there, he probably would have lost a foot.

Kev-Mas was now very pissed, due to the fact that he left himself open for such an improbable attack. Digging into this rage as fuel, he turned around to face his opponent, still on his knees, and let loose a powerful Bolt of Hatred, aimed at his opponent's lower torso area. This fool was going down.

Force Powers Used: 1 Bolt of Hatred
    OOC: That move, while physically possible without the force, is NOT possible with the force. By that logic, Luke would have sunken into the ground or been pulled into the swamp when he tried to move the X-wing on Dagobah. Not to mention, that the rules for the power would most likely say that you can't do that, as it says to move objects, not use them to move yourself. Not only that, but you completely ignored my attack. So, while it WAS impossible, I'm still taking damage for it, and will let the judges deal with it if necessary.
  20. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    *Celestial Whistle Blows*

And that's the duel. We'll get our positions up shortly. :)

-I_H
  21. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/dothack/images/4/4c/Super-tri-edge.jpg]

IC: Darth Insipid
    Hoth

A gong sounded across the Echo Base sound system, indicating that the first duel was ended. A hologram swam into view, displaying a dark figure surrounded by a claw which appeared to be attached to his shoulder. It snaked around his robes, and the man, Darth Insipid, looked up at the two combatants, inclining a head to the single bystander for a moment.

"My opinion of this match is as follows. Any issues with it, refer to me privately, as ever."

"Kev Mas Colcha, you requested of me the right to explain that you yourself were responsible for reactivating the base power, as you had been stranded. With that information, you proceeded to add approximately one line to your opening post. In the prior tournaments such an opening post would never have done, and the bar has been raised by this being a masters tournament. I'll admit it coloured my opinion of the following duel. Nonetheless, I proceeded to read while nudging that aside."

The Sith shrugged.

"I didn't seem to have a strong sense of reason from Kev. Sure, his opponent was a darksider. But, as I know better than any judge in this game, so was Kev once, and even if I didn't, he was wearing Shadow Guard armour which indicates something. There was a why, in there, somewhere, but I couldn't define it. He attacked his opponent first simply because...?"

The Dark Lord paused. "But those were simply asides. My largest issue was with your penultimate post. To quote, you "[a]imed at a new, less protected area on his opponent," and then proceeded. What area? It was completely impossible to ascertain where the blade was being aimed for I-5's subsequent post - as such all he could do was ignore your last post because of its irrelevance."

"And the elf..." said Insipid, turning to look at Sith-I-5. "Your posts were at least interesting, I'll give you that. The speeder issue was a mildly complicated one, as to whether it would have moved, or you would have. In the last tournament, the judges confirmed that Force powers could move yourself as well, so the issue was less of an issue, so it doesn't seem like a particular issue to me. I was pleased to see that your feet crunched in the snow, as an aside. The telekinesis was quite sneaky, but well used."

The Sith Lord nodded. "As you can imagine, my conclusion is thus; that I-5 won the first round. Congratulations to the RPF, and my condolences to the EUC."

TAG: Hammer
  22. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

star 5
    *Looks up at Sinre's post*

Nerd. :p

Judgment in favor of I-5

So as an RPF judge, when I vote for RPF candidates, I feel it is necessary for me to take special care so as to make crystal clear my vote is unbiased.

So here goes:

1.) On the dimension of writing, I think I-5 does better for the following reasons:

- True to his style, I-5s post have much more detail to them. He writes about 2.5 times as much for this duel than KMC does. Now while I certainly know that quantity =/= quality, I can also see that I-5s posts do have quality to them (as in he?s not writing blah, blah, blah 2000 times). This makes for a more interesting story and a better read.

- I-5 also incorporates his environment on more occasions, not only with the snowspeeder, but also with scattered references to the cold and the like. This is one function of his word-length, and goes far to keep the reader focused on the environment at hand. While KMC does mention his environment in his first post, for the most part, it is largely absent. He could be fighting anywhere, at any place

- On the highly subjective point of style (for which people judge all the time mind-you), I did find I-5s post to be more entertaining and engaging. Not only with his trademark humor, but also in the story he chose to weave. KMC was primarily par for the course of a duel, one I would not all be surprised to find in the dueling thread here.

-----

Now, from the impression I have received from KMC over the years, I have a *feeling* he put more stock in the aspect of the duel. What moves, how it?s done, the strategy, etc. So lets look at that.

Unsurprisingly, it?s a harder decision. Also unsurprisingly, the duel seems to break down near the end. I remember this from my time judging the Padawan tournament. So then its up to me as a judge to make rhyme and reason from it.

It all seems to be going pretty normally until the point where I-5 turns off KMC?s saber. Now, here we have to take a close line by line. I-5, in the post says he purposefully waits until Kev is close. So to me, to have KMC interpret this to occur mid-charge, and for him to proceed to give himself the opportunity to relight it is the first big fault. Annnnd, since this seems to be the first big fault of the debate that sets the tone for the posts to follow, I weigh this point considerably.

Some might argue this ploy is a form of auto-hitting. I am disinclined to consider this argument, as one notes that I-5 did not push for an offensive after the switch. He places his saber in a defense stance, which means that should KMC have played with what I-5 posted, he should have just swung at air. Embarrassing, maybe. But not only does it do no harm to the player, it also allows you to pursue a counter-attack. And at close quarters to boot. Were I in that position, I would have sizzled I-5 with whatever strongest force based power I would have had.

From there the duel continues to break down. KMC attacks a weak spot that, should he really be adjusting in mid-charge, should have allowed I-5 to counter (if you?re sitting there watching the person come at you, and you see your ploy has failed, you?re not going to maintain your defensive move). I would have bought this attach should KMC not have relight his lightsaber. Then it was close combat and I could buy a quick thinking force user exploiting a whole that was indeed let open by I-5 when he said he assumed a defensive position. HOWEVER, IMO, one cannot have it both ways. If you have enough time to relight your lightsaber, your opponent also has enough time to adjust his stance. The fact that KMC did not mention where the weakspot was located is a good point, but not a major one by me. A good RPer would have took a spot to stick with continuity.

As to I-5s last post, it was not clearly communicated what exactly I-5 was doing with the speeder and with push. I can see what I can best interpret as you using a force-speed aided ice slide, but the push and speeder remains an enigma to me. Maybe KMC understood and it and I?m just dumb, but I would ha/>
  23. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    Geonosis

[image=http://mindenamistarwars.lapunk.hu/tarhely/mindenamistarwars/kepek/geonosis.jpg]

A ball of dust, surrounded by rust, a legacy of death, now there is nothing left...

The Geonosian arena had been visited by the tournament a year before, and violence had ensued. There were still scatterings of blood imprinting the arena, and an unpleasant crimson stain where Darth Tyranus had stood a century and a half ago. It was here that the Sith began their efforts to recover the galaxy. It was here where nearly two hundred Jedi died. And it was here that the Masters tournament was to be fought, and for death to be dealt out - watched by those masses of chittering Geonosians who now were applauding the violence they were promised. The sandstorm had lifted, but this one had shifted to reveal the debris of battle droids and even a few Stormtrooper helmets. The blood was obscured, apart from where Tyranus had stood, a kind of ceremonial red drape that provoked an image of an ancient empire that had once bestowed judgment upon the masses.

Today, it would judge the second round.

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/ea/Geonosis_arena.jpg]

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/1e/CommandoCleanUpOnGeo.jpg]

TAG: Kahn_Iceay and Ktala (in that order)
  24. Kahn_Iceay Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Norn Dukai

Norn Dukai, Special Operation Knight of the Highest Order in service to the his Royal Highness of the Galactic Empire, stood upon the entrance way to the center of the old Geonosis arena. As a loyal knight, Norn never questioned the orders of his Emperor. Never thought a second thought about the risks of his life, or the pain he might cause others. He knew his Emperor worked in the best interest of the Galaxy proper. It was this comfort that kept him going for years and years, doing terrible things in the name of a great cause. And it was this comfort that echoed through his thoughts as he had made the kilometer long walk from where he had landed to the arena that still echoed with pains of the past.

A faint smell filled his nostrils as he made his way into the large dust filled central area, where so much pain and death echoed from the past, and potential future. Either the ancient blood, or degrading droid parts had given way to the copper twinge that beset upon him now. Making him regret not bringing a helmet or breath mask, but there was no use in it now.

His Emperor wanted something, His Lord thought there might still be files, according to records recently recovered. Whether or not it was holorecords of meetings leading up to the war, weapons or droid designs, he nor his Master knew. What he did know, is that the Emperor wanted the files before anyone else got them. And the only recorded entrance to the facility where the files were supposed to be held was down the hall that lead to the balcony where Tyranus had watched over the battle so long ago.

All around him were the scattered remains of droids, the occasional helmet, dirt, dust and grime. A half ruined arena, but there were crowds, lucky him had arrived during show, knowing how fate operated he likely was the show. And nowhere was a clear path up to the balcony. The old archways had been blocked, or destroyed by battles long past, some might be passable, but the likelihood of them leading to where he had to go was slim. Reality rarely gave leeway to its inhabitants, preferring to make them run the gauntlet rather than take the easy way. Norn was going to have to climb.

Tag: Ktala
  25. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Cree - Geonosis

Violence.

A force inherent in nature. It is neither good nor evil, it simply is. Cree had tasted that truth many times, and it seemed she was to be tested by it once again. She had been out hunting, on some unimportant planet, with green lush grasses. She had looked up when she had noticed a sight she had not seen on this planet, but was very familiar with it.

A sandstorm. A very powerful one at that.

A sandstorm, here? As she quickly moved to take cover, she was suddenly overcome with the strong intensity of the Force, drawing her in. 'Falek!' she thought to herself quickly, as she brought her hands up, to cast some protection around herself. The storm did no damage, but engulfed her quickly. This storm was no normal storm, and Cree knelt down, her cloak covering her. And it had left just as quickly as it had claimed her. And Cree knew at once, she had become a pawn of violent change once more.

Gone was the lush green tundra she had been on, and the brilliant blue sky.. Here, the sky was red as blood, a dusty, dried out world. It's air was hot and dry she noticed as she looked around her. Even if she did not know the reasons why and how, she knew where she was.

A place of death.

The sandstorm had lifted, but this one had shifted to reveal the debris of battle droids and even a few Stormtrooper helmets, pitted by time and damage. Her nose, was still able to pick up the faint but subtle scent of blood and death in the area. A death arena. She grunted.

It was a ball of dust, surrounded by misery and death. How epic.

A new sound, faint but there none the less, drew her attention. There was an audience close by. If there was an audience, then that meant that she, and possibly another were to be the ... 'entertainment.' How typical. Cree slowly stood, her foot gently turning up one of the helmets lost to the sands. It almost seemed to be grinning at her. Cree chuckled softly. Her skirt and cloak flapped in the hot wind.

Her senses, born from her birthright of the horns on her head, caused her head to turn sharply as her eyes focused in on movement. Some being had suddenly stepped out into the arena. Cree's hand went to her saber, but she did not light it. The man, as she could now tell, was wearing some sort of armor. Imperial? What was he doing? He was totally ignoring her, and looking up at the arena cliff wall. Was he looking for a way out?

Cree could certainly help him, if that was the case.

She snorted. He wore the trappings of an soldier. A puppet. Someone who followed orders and little more. Hmmm. The day was getting more interesting by the moment. Hiding her saber behind the folds of her skirt, Cree slowly approached the man, ignoring the sounds around them. A slight smile played on her lips.

"You lose something,?" she asked him, as she stopped. Near her foot was a helmet, hidden behind her skirt. She calmly waited for him to turn. After all, she wasnt a Sith. An open attack to the back, no mater how inviting, at least for an opening shot did not meet with her. After all, how was she to be tested, if she simply took a cheap way out. Least she could do, was wait for him to turn around first.

TAG: Kahn_Iceay
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.