main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The EUC Starfighter Draft - Episode IV: A New Hot-Shot

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Corran10584, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Wow, a wacky draft so far. Jania going fifth? Saesee going sixth? Vader dropping to seventh?!? Tycho dropping to eighth?!

*thinks about a few guys left on the board*

:oops: Man, I wish now I was back in the 11th spot. I could've cleaned up. Ah well.

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Round 1:

1. CodeName_Targeter - Wedge Antilles
    2. New_York_Jedi - Luke Skywalker
    3. SecondBest - Anakin Skywalker
    4. Shadow_of_Durron - Baron Soontir Fel
    5. ThrawnRocks - Jaina Solo
    6. EMPEROR_WINDU - Saesee Tiin
    7. SuperVader - Darth Vader
    8. Zonoma_Mekot - Tycho Celchu
    9. GenMadine - Corran Horn
    10. Darth-Horax - Pash Cracken
    11. Talon_Kenobi - Han Solo
    12. Fire_Light - ON THE CLOCK!

Draft Roster:

Jesmin Ackbar
    Wedge Antilles
    Ace Azzameen
    Shira Brie
    Anni Capstan
    Tycho Celchu
    Pash Cracken

Edor Crespin
    Arvel Crynyd
    Rhys Dallows
    Biggs Darklighter
    Gavin Darklighter
    Erisi Dlarit
    Castin Donn
    Myn Donos
    Kissek Doran
    Garven Dries
    Kyp Durron
    Hohass ?Runt? Ekwesh
    Kol Eyttyn
    Keyan Farlander
    Baron Soontir Fel
    Jagged Fel
    Inyri Forge
    Lujayne Forge
    Adi Gallia
    Olin Garn
    Corran Horn
    Andoorni Hui
    Bror Jace
    Wes Janson
    Kyle Katarn
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Ran Kether
    Derek "Hobbie" Klivian
    Dorset Konnair
    Charat Kraal
    Penzak Kraal
    Daviish "Pops" Krail
    Garik ?Face? Loran
    Lorrir
    Lowbacca
    Todra Mayn
    Kasan Moor
    Nym
    Shalla Nelprin
    Lara Nostil
    Koobis ?Target? Nu
    Aril Nunb
    Shawnkyr Nuruodo
    Ric Olie
    Carth Onasi
    Rookie One
    Dia Passik
    Turr Phennir
    Ton Phanan
    Jek Porkins
    Ooryl Qrygg
    Ben Quersey
    Dak Ralter
    Octa Ramis
    Dash Rendar
    Miko Reglia
    Voort ?Piggy? saBinring
    Horton Salm
    Falynn Sandskimmer
    Tyria Sarkin
    Sarkli
    Saba Sebatyne
    Tesar Sebatyne
    Asyr Sei?Lar
    Zev Senesca
    Riv Shiel
    Wurth Skidder
    Anakin Skywalker
    Luke Skywalker

Mara Jade Skywalker
    Merrick Simm
    Khe-Jeen Slee
    Anakin Solo
    Han Solo
    Jacen Solo
    Jaina Solo
    Maarek Stele
    Atril Tabianne
    Kell Tainer
    Tal?dira
    Elassar Targon
    Essara Till
    Eurrsk ?Grinder? Thri?ag
    Saesee Tiin
    Darth Vader

Nrin Vakil
    Jon ?Dutch? Vander
    Alinn Varth
    Nawara Ven
    Asajj Ventress
    Broak Vessery
    Peshk Vri?Syk
    Izal Waz
    Rhysati Ynr

3. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Hmm, there's one certain pick I'd make...

4. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    *is dying*

One of my favorites is still up there. Two of them, actually. What I wouldn't give to be Fire_Light right now. :p

5. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    We all know who F_L is going to take- Wes and Hobbie. :p

6. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004

That's a given. ;)

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I predict Jesmin Ackbar and Castin Donn.

8. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    A winning combo, to be sure. :p

9. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    The Rabid Ewoks
    1. Hobbie Klivian
    2. Wes Janson

10. Zonama_Sockot

Zonama_Sockot Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    yup.

Talon!

11. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Codename_Targeter
    1. Wedge Antilles | Individual: A+ | Team: A+
    Wedge is a natural top five pick. It is nice not seeing Luke go first, so I commend you for that. Wedge is also an amazing leader and team player, having worked with many of the people on the board.

New_York_Jedi
    1. Luke Skywalker | Individual: A+ | Team: A+
    Luke easily wins every match-up, and his abilities are basically undisputed. Building a cohesive team off of him will be easy; he's a team player and friends with most people in the GFFA.

SecondBest
    1. Anakin Skywalker | Individual: A+ | Team: B+
    Anakin, now that we can judge using RotS, is also a top five, of course. He was a top five even before this, but I think he deserves more recognition as such now. As for team, I think you'll be able to get fairly good cohesion, but Anakin (and/or Vader) is not known for his ability to lead or collaborate with a team of at least six. He still gets a fairly good team score, because his intentions as a team player are in the right place, as we saw in the beginning of RotS.

Shadow of Durron: Ænema Squadron
    1. Baron Soontir Fel | Individual: A+ | Team: A
    Obviously a very good pick, first round. Considering he taught several of the top pilots in the SFD, he deserves top props. Also, he's a great leader. Good luck with an Imperial team, if that's what you're planning.

Thrawn Rocks: The Hands of Thrawn
    1. Jaina Solo | Individual: A | Team: A+
    There are better pilots that could have been picked, first round. However: Jaina has all the genetics and talent it takes to be a major player, and as a leader, she's perfect. A team with her being leader will be in good hands. Although she'll likely be beaten fairly by a few people, she's a personal favorite of mine. :D

EMPEROR_WINDU: The Squadron of Light
    1. Saesee Tinn | Individual: A | Team: A
    The beginning of our second prequel-era team. Definitely one of the three best prequel-era pilots, and a logical choice at this time in the draft. He has shown his ability to lead in ground combat and in the air, so I also have faith in his ability to lead a team, if it is cohesive.

SuperVader:
    1. Darth Vader | Individual: A+ | Team: A-
    I don't need to say much here. Awesome pilot, and he gets finer with age and experience. I feel he's a good enough team player, but he's enough of a loner in real life to make me feel wary of his cohesion.

Zonama_Mekot:
    1. Tycho Celchu | Individual: A | Team: A-
    Good pick. I like him as a first-rounder; he doesn't get enough good PR here in the SFD if you ask me, having not always gone in the first round. The A- is for the fact that even though he's a known leader, he's still not always been a team player.

GenMadine:
    1. Corran Horn | Individual: A+ | Team: A-
    Finally! Corran's back in the first round of picks. Corran usually goes undefeated, if his Corellian luck is with him and he avoids top fivers. Great individual pick in my opinion. A team will be harder to build off of him, just because he usually is a loner, especially in later years (making his team-play abilities questionable to me). But he does what he needs to in any situation that comes up, and has flown with a lot of the people on the board too.

Darth-Horax: Vape This!
    1. Pash Cracken | Individual: A- | Team: A
    Interesting that you took speed over firepower. He's good, I'll give you that, but I've thought others are better who are still up for grabs. As for cohesion, he'll be alright to build a team off of, and he's led people before. What he will lack as an indivi

12. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Well last time I picked Wes first, so I don't want to be accused of playing favorites. :p

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Rating info:
    ***** - Best of the best. An élite flyer. TopAce, under the video game system.
    **** - A superior pilot. Highly skilled. Ace, under the video game system.
    *** - Very skilled and experienced. Veteran, under the video game system.
    ** - Above average and quite skilled. Officer, under the video game system.
    * - Average. Novice, under the video game system.
    ! - Castin Donn.

Round One

I don't think he's the best individual pilot in the draft. However, since he works well with nearly everyone on the draft board, he's obviously the best pick to make. I don't think I have to say much more than that.

Individually: ******
    Team: ******

Luke's obviously one of the best pilots on the drafting board. His problem is that he had a long retirement from piloting, and only reactivated during the NJO. He doesn't have nearly as much team options as Wedge, since he's mostly restricted to old Rogues, Jedi, or Skywalker-Solo clan members. He's a good leader, though, so his team score isn't as low as it could be.

Team: *****

Pretty much the same thing here. He's extremely good, monsterously so, especially since this is the first draft where ROTS is legitimate. That gives him quite a boost. Unfortunately, he also suffers from a limited allies pool. He's mostly restricted to PT Jedi, and perhaps some Skywalkers. His team score is lower than Luke's because he lacks the leadership and maturity at this point.

Team: ***

He's a very good pilot, possibly better than even Wedge Antilles. His main problem is that he's an Imperial, and so, he's limited. His leadership qualities, as well as ex-Rogue status, give him a little more flexibility, so his team score isn't quite as low as it could be. In fact, it's still stellar.

Team: *****

I don't particularly see her as a first rounder. She has hideous skill (can one really use the word hideous on a beauty like her?), but her experience is a major shortfall. Fortunately she does have a big fat chunk of experience with the horrendous Vong war. I'll boost her to five stars for that, but only because I tend to be gentle on the ladies. She's still not on the same tier as the pilots listed above. Her weakness is in teams, since her leadership is still largely untested, goddess status nonwithstanding, but more so because she doesn't have as many options as the others do.

Individually: *****

He's the PT's second best pilot, but his ultimate shortcoming is in team options. He's very likely a better leader than the Chosen One, but he has even less team options, since Skywalker's lucky enough to have this huge extended family.

Individually: *****

He's possibly the best pilot in the draft. He's got all the skills of Skywalker, plus vastly more maturity and experience. The reason it's possibly is because unlike the other six star pilots, he has extremely limited options--less than Fel, even. While he could conceiveably work with Skywalkers, the fact that he's a Sith Lord might do more harm than good. His leadership and monstrous force of personality is really what saves him from have a one or two star team rating, because a good leader can inspire people that don't even like you.

Team: ****

Yes, his team score is higher than his personal score. I've purposely altered my rating system to give more room for lower ranks. He's just plain not as good as these six star boys. He, however, has been a Rogue since Hoth and has just about as many options as Antilles does for a squadron. He's lead many of the same ones, and is a very good leader. He's also an ex-Imperial, so he could even pick up some Imps if he wanted. So despite his shortcomings, he's

14. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    *sigh* Will we never hear the end of that?

I sence a SFD tradition budding...

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    [face_laugh]
    I'll probably forget about it in the middle of this draft.

16. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    I'll try and remind you ;)

17. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    OK, since I'm too lazy to do round opinions right now, I won't; expect them later tonight.

18. bburditt

bburditt Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 8, 2004
    OK, as Jedi Draft commish, I have some damn serious questions / statements to ask / say.

1) Corran, how in the blue hell did you manage to get all 12 GMs to PM you their lists. Damn you, damn you and your charisma.

2) Haha, Horax's team name.

3) I like beer.

Thanks for your time.

19. bburdit

bburdit Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2005
    4) Sometimes I like to put on a dress and dance around like a girl. [face_dancing]

20. TypoCelchu

TypoCelchu Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 1, 2005
    Thanks for sharing...

Anyway, since I once again missed this draft, I think I'll just do the same thing that everyone else who misses the draft does... I'll give you grades so you can yell at me.:p Expect the round one grades soon...

21. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Oye! Damn you people- you took my good luck charms. :p

Ah well. :p

22. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    And who would those be?

23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Who needs mere charms for luck?

24. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Round 1:

Not the best individual pilot, IMO, but certainly the best person to build a team around.

Grade: A+

A strong pilot and leader, Luke lacks the connections that Wedge does, but is fairly easy to build a team around. And his Force power makes him almost unbeatable individually.

Not the best individual pilot left (ie, Vader), nor is he easy to build a team around due to lack of PT pilots, but he will get wins. He is the Chosen One, after all.

Grade: A

Possibly the best individual pilot in the draft, but the lack of Imp pilots could hurt team wise. Still a great pick.

This pick was too early. There were better individual and team picks left. Yes, Jaina is a first rounder, but there were better picks available.

Grade: B

Again, this pick is a little early, but not too much. It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the team works out behind Tiin, but overall a decent pick.

Grade: B+

A steal individually, but it could be hard to build a team around him. Still, Vader will win matches, and can take on a lot of the other first rounders individually.

A good pick up at #8, Tycho will win individually and is easy to build a good Rogue team around.

9. GenMadine - Corran Horn

A good individual and team pick, Corran lacks the leadership experience of other first rounders, but will still be cormfortable in command, and will work well with a lot of the pilots left on the broad.

10. Darth-Horax - Pash Cracken

Pash is brilliant individually, but lacks ties with pilots left on the broad. Still, he should work well with a basic NR team.

11. Talon_Kenobi - Han Solo

Han lacks the experience of most in starfighters, but is very skilled and will lead a NR team well.

Grade: B

12. Fire_Light - Hobbie Klivian

One of the best picks left; not much more you can expect at 12. Good individually, but not great; easy to build a Rogue team around.

25. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    Nice breakdowns S_L

I was thinking about people not on the list, mostly PT Jedi that have flown starfighters but are not on the list... Notably Plo Koon and Mace Windu

In Clone Wars the game, Windu and Unduli fly down to Geonosis through the TF Battleship "blockade" undetected... And in ROTS, we have Plo Koon leading a squad of ARC-170s if I'm not mistaken... I'll have to read the novel to see if any info is given on Koon's abilities

I'm not asking for them to suddenly be put on the list, but once drafting is done is it possible to pick someone not on the list up in free agency... I understand I would have to earn the judges respect for the player I picked up, but PT blood is a little thin around here and some Jedi Masters like Koon and Windu could really help out a team....Just a thought

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.