main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Same premise as the original: Only the most erudite scholars and masterful students of discourse are welcome to contribute to our snooty collective's pursuit of discerning the reliability and meaning of each new rumor as we disembowel every available bit of information about Episode VIII and bathe in their entrails and react to them like an agoraphobic trapped in a clown car.

Every rumor is scrutinized here and then we can sort which of them deserve their own thread.

Reminder: No Linking to 4CHAN.

EDIT: From this moment forward immediate bans will be handed out to anyone posting leaked content from LEGO. That means images, links to images, lists of upcoming products, etc. are NOT ALLOWED under any circumstance.

2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Sigh. Rey Random vs. Rey Solo vs. Rey Skywalker ... continue on...

3. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Arguments we shouldn't hear anymore:

1) Leaks are impossible in principle
    2) Published leaks can't be accurate because Disney would demand a takedown of them
    3) The leaks and official information are deliberate misdirection and therefore hide major plot points in the movie

iluvkoalas, Wu Tzu, DL44Jo and 19 others like this.
  4. Momotaros

Momotaros Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2013
    Don't think we will second guess any of MSW rumors any more. That's for sure.

Canyon D, DL44Jo, C Creepio and 11 others like this.
  5. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    Only 18 months! Let the countdown begin [face_dancing]

The Vanguard and dekaneas like this.
  6. Strange Old Hermit

Strange Old Hermit Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 17, 2015
    In on the first page!

Worker11811 likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Awaiting for the discourse to begin.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  8. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Might be quiet in here for a while.

9. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    MSW doesn't post things they're not pretty sure of; I think we're all aware of that now. That doesn't mean things can't change during production, but they're definitely our best source for spoilers, hands down.

As an aside, I wonder how long it will take the "Usual Suspects" to get into their PT/OT/ST tantrums ITT? Over/Under 5 days?

Seeher likes this.
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

by day 4.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The grand news is that this film will be underway in no time in comparison to TFA. Production has already started.

12. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Hopefully MakingStarWars is already on the job. No rest for the wicked, Jason....tick tock. :p

MakingStarWars likes this.
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, where is our complete synopsis based upon the film's shooting schedule...?

14. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    Under.

So, Luke and the Temple; I am wondering if one of the reasons Luke remove himself for the galaxy is he found something or came to the conclusion that the Jedi need to completely return to their roots to avoid another Anakin/Ben destroying the galaxy.
    That potential Jedi would travel on their own to the Temple to spend their lives in seclusion meditating on the Force and their place in the galaxy. That they need to have a long view and slowly build their numbers until they have sufficient numbers to support each other before returning to the galaxy. Just as ancient Jedi had thousands of years ago.
    And if Rey wishes to join the Jedi, she would have to give up her idea of helping the Resistance stop the First Order and/or Ben. That Luke will demand that she leave the galaxy to solve their own problems.

Just a thought.

Wu Tzu, panki and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Hello first page of the new VIII forum. May the stuff that goes on here be much happier and sane than what is going on in the TFA threads :p

16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

Glad to see that you are hanging around.

17. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I have a duty as Madam Curator, though where I shall post the new fan art I find is questionable (I mean do I keep up in The Force Awakens thread or just move my "10 new fan arts a day" to this thread despite it likely not getting enough attention till the migration to this board begins). I'll figure it out later cause I got a lot of traveling coming up and most likely deviantart and tumblr will be too busy posting bootleg pictures/videos and "Errrmeeegeerrd Star wars!" posts to bother making new fan art for the next couple days. Oh the life of a Madam Curator is soo hard sometimes :p

18. grizzla

grizzla Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 8, 2013
    Would just like to say how great it is to be following this thread from day 1. The last thread I picked up from around page 600ish and it was an eye opener for me with how precious some get with this franchise. But it was still a lot of fun to read and make the occasional post. Gave me many laughs too.
    Looking forward to "bathing in the entrails of the disembowelled" ;-)

19. Theatre of Tragedy

Theatre of Tragedy Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2014
    Is there an automatic ban for maliciously starting a rumour that Luke only has a minute or so screen time in Ep VIII?

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    <shrugs> I know not.

21. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    -Parallel training/growth arcs between Kylo and Rey.
    -More details on Snoke and his deal.
    -More elaboration on both why exactly Luke went into seclusion, as well as Rey's mysterious past.
    -Finn wakes up from his coma, and whatever effect that that had on him.
    -Etc.

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    *kicks back feet*
    I wonder what the first "rage rumor" that pisses us all off will be. I believe TFAs was the lightsaber in space and cameo Luke. Something is telling me its going to be Boba Fett related. :p

Paparazzo likes this.
  23. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    please put me in stasis and wake me up May 2017

DarthCeltic likes this.
  24. DarthCeltic

DarthCeltic Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2010
    Im ready to see the TFA.. But.. im also ready for 8 and 9.. so im ready for discourse also.. I didn't realize I have been only lurking that long.. Thought I was still logged on.. oh well.. Sup yall?

dekaneas likes this.
  25. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I'm guessing a good half of the movie is going to be Rey asking Luke to train her and Luke refusing because of what happened with Kylo.

With the capital of the Republic taken out, the First Order begins to take over the galaxy and Kylo becomes an even bigger jerk, doing things that make Darth Vader in ESB look tame.

Ends with some kind of reveal, like ESB, where we find out the truth about Rey.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.