main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
  2. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Part of me hopes Luke channels a bit of Master Pei Mai.

3. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
  4. The Jaded Irk

The Jaded Irk Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 14, 2014

Or she's just come off second best with the Battle Puffins...

5. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    A taste of that (within the tone of SW obviously) could be such great fun. And as much as I want resonance, I also want flickers of fun in the training. I want Luke to have a glint in his eyes once he gets his Jedi mojo back.

6. Eeyore freak

Eeyore freak Jedi Knight star 2

May 19, 2016

7. IrisBest

IrisBest Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2015
    I mentioned the other week that I wondered if the fight she has with Kylo on the cliffs ends up being a vision, and if it ends with Rey falling off the cliff into the water, it might make sense that when she emerges from the vision she's gasping for breath and a bit shell shocked.

But idk, the cliff fight supposedly has Rey with her hair half down and without her jacket, so maybe not. But the idea that she could experience a vision where she loses a fight to Kylo happening early in the movie makes sense to me as something that would spur on her training.

8. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    =D=^:)^

But when you think of it, Rey walking up all those stairs to get to Luke's nest is reminiscent of the Bride climbing all those stairs leading to Pai Mei's lair.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I love the R2 bit [face_laugh]

10. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    No.

11. BloodStripe

BloodStripe Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    ScarGate: The plot thickens....

http://io9.gizmodo.com/rian-johnson-changed-kylo-rens-scar-in-last-jedi-becaus-1794465732

:p

General_Leia_Organa and oncafar like this.
  12. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    How did Luke get to Ach-To? So, he must have a ship parked in an underground garage of Ach-To. Wonder what kind of ship it is? It'd still be there, because he wasn't expecting to ever be visited, so he probably planned to eventually leave. So, Rey can always leave with Chewy in the Falcon, to go rescue her friends in ESB-style, while leaving the Jedi master behind in Dagobah-style. So Luke can always later in the film decide to leave in his own ship with R2 and join the bigger battle, thus turning the tide against the First Order, all the progress they'd made. But then, you'd think if Kylo/KoR attacked Ach-To in the first act, they would destroy much of that island Luke was hiding on, so he would have to leave in the first act too. Still separately from Rey tho. Perhaps telling her he'll catch up with her later, he has to first visit an old friend.

Maybe his secret/unknown ship is the one we see in TFA dropping Rey on Jakku? :p

13. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

so every other insane theory is ok but mine is just crap? ok gotcha : eye roll::

14. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    With all that we know of TLJ at this point, is it worth revisiting this August 2016 rumored/fake script leak?
    Some things seem to line up. And Rey is a Solo.

15. MeBeJedi

MeBeJedi Force Ghost star 6

May 30, 2002

That is hilarious! I love the Force sound when he's holding her in a wristlock, lol!

16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    There's like 78 'and then', and like a dozen "then they regroup". That plot would take up 4 hours lol

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

It is possible I suppose. I'm still not sure that is what is going to happen. However I am starting to wonder if BDT's character could be related to Rey though? An interesting twist would be that her parents are in fact dead, but that she does have other family members still alive.

18. DemonKingBalor32

DemonKingBalor32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 19, 2017

i always thought of maybe phasma being reys mom. i mean really how much do we know of phasma? for all we know she could have been forced to be what she is thus abandoning rey. there was a theory sometime after tfa that luke may have had a relationship with phasma so who knows

19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015

Many different possibilities.

20. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014

Youtube has become a sewer of purpose driven false information to make money.

Jesus Christ, I think my slogan for 2017 is going to be "I can't even".

robot_3 likes this.
  21. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Get out of my head!

Satipo likes this.
  22. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Collider‏ @Collider 7h7 hours ago
    In @rianjohnson we trust – @KristianHarloff tackles some of Mark Hamill's quibbles about the current #StarWars arc http://trib.al/V1iJAfB

Gregors‏ @GregBurke85 7h7 hours ago
    They're just going to copy Empire. Nothing new here.

Gregors‏ @GregBurke85 4h4 hours ago
    Nothing against Johnson. Its disney thats controlling everything

Rian Johnson @rianjohnson 42m42 minutes ago Replying to @GregBurke85@Collider and 2 others
    Hi Greg, this is Rian. I've actually had as much creative ownership as on any film I've done. Don't know if you'll like it, but it's me.

23. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015

That is pretty funny. They should have had him say you didn't think training was just picking up a lightsaber did you.

24. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    People said the exact same about TFA. They want to believe a narrative. That dream becomes their reality.

25. Trikuza23

Trikuza23 Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 10, 2015
    I feel like once Rey has just about lost faith in Luke, he will bust out his "Yoda picking up an X wing with the force" type moment. And she'll be like nevermind, you ARE the master.

Shadojoker and Satipo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.