main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I think Luke, whether physically or in spirit form, will be around for the next trilogy for sure (which I believe will be the final in the "Skywalker Saga"). Disney will back up the money truck to Hamill's doorstep to make sure he's on board.

Luke may die in Episode 10, but we would still see him in at least 1 scene each for 11 and 12 as a spirit. I very much doubt that Luke will be killed off in episode 9. He should survive this trilogy as the Jedi Master and mentor to Rey. We will have already lost Han and Leia by that point, let's give 9 a happy ending shall we? Don't kill Luke, too.

2. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    I was never expecting a "Anakin and Padme secret wedding" or "Han and Leia I love you I know" moments.

But I am expecting romance. But like he said, no one on one equivalent of what came before.

3. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006

I think he's being pretty clear here...we can try to argue that a different dynamic could fit...but he's likely just using the most successful and well known romance in Star Wars to make a point. Romance is not central to his plot...and since he had so much Leeway in developing this story...he's going to tell the tale he feels works.

4. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I wouldn't say that necessarily. It's just not a focal point like Han and Leia's romance was in ESB. Passionate, star-crossed lovers torn apart, that sort of thing. I imagine Finn-Rose will be like colleagues working together who may eventually fall in love (not necessarily in TLJ either). Not as epic as the passionate love stories of the PT and OT but probably more realistic.

5. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Story-wise,I think the biggest problem Luke's death would create would be putting Rey in the same situation Luke found himself in at the end of ROTJ - rebuilding the Jedi Order (or its equivalent) from scratch...

ETA: Thank GOODNESS for confirmation of no focus on romance! Dude, BBC adaption of Pride & Prejudice is my favorite movie of all time (sorry SW!), but I like my SW romances mostly left to EU materials and the imagination.

6. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    The fact he stress "equivalents" suggests that there is something, but it's not comparable to Han and Leia's romance which was a major thread of the story.

7. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
  8. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    There may be people getting really close, bonding...but nothing clearly romantic.

9. IncessantRamblings

IncessantRamblings Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2016
    How many Gates are we on post VF material????

10. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    What's central to the plot is Luke and Rey's relationship as Rian suggested. Finn and Rose can still have romance.

11. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Does this mean no picnic scenes? [face_mischief]

12. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Tumblr just went up in flames! Get the ignore button on twitter ready, Rian!

13. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Rogue One is an excellent model for how to walk that line.

14. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

It might mean that seeds of romantic "tension" are sewn in TLJ, just as they were for Han & Leia in ANH, but that it doesn't come to fruition until Episode 9 when they may kiss or admit their love for one another in the final movie of the trilogy. That makes sense to me. Don't rush a little romantic subplot, there are lots of other plot threads to focus on.

15. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    OMG those still haunt my darkest nightmares...

16. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Over 9000.

17. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    I counted 3, could be more though :/

IncessantRamblings likes this.
  18. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    This will be a day LONG remembered!

19. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    I'd love it if they did it that way. There's nothing worse than a rushed love story in a film with loads of moving pieces.

Jazz9276 likes this.
  20. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    On Crait

Finn: "I hate salt. It's rough and course, doesn't add any flavor. And kills snails."

Rose: "....."

21. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    soul8luos

Ruke Lives! ^:)^ And they keep locking Rey and Luke Romantic Future threads whenever they are made. What do you say now? :p

Mostly Handless likes this.
  22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    That elevator descent definitely wasn't platonic.

23. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Ruke?

Ley seems more appropriate. It's happening. Get ready.

Agreed. At least that's my interpretation. But it was subtly done. I'd like to see that approach in the ST as well.

24. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    this thread :oops:

Dark Horse, Granek and Jazz9276 like this.
  25. JediAce1

May 8, 2014
    THE SHIP WARS!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.