main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    This is the first proper look we've got so far and perhaps not coincidentally the first time I've been fully sold on these guys.

Great design.

"Luke having a family" actually sounds far less interesting to me than the former - and is my greatest worry with the potential for Luke being Rey's father.

2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    dude Gandalf is old, not sure why you want Luke to live that life while still young.:p

wait so if Luke has a family it automatically = to he couldn't have roamed the galaxy too. It doesn't have to be an either.;)

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  3. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    What if Luke's wife = Luke's first student? Now THAT could be an interesting story.

4. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Or creepy....

5. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Well, we already know for a fact he roamed the galaxy having adventures. It's not an either/or situation. It's an alone/with family situation. We already know he was pretty cut off from Han and Leia, unless the new legends stuff gets rewritten.

ChildOfWinds and starocean90 like this.
  6. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    I actually get the feeling from the canon that Luke might have spent more time with Sekka than H/L. Even TFA, with that "those who knew him best" dialogue.....so that doesn't include you?

I'm intrigued by that Legends of Luke book where they mention "could Luke Skywalker have been at the Battle of Jakku?"

hmmm, so now Luke, Tekka, and Rey could all be linked with Jakku. Tekka's map also seems to be given to him by Luke. And Luke and Rey have a connection of sorts.

7. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Let's assume that she's an adult and that the relationship is AFTER she becomes a Jedi :p

8. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    I've loved everything we've seen so far with those Praetorian Guards - I want to see them in action so badly!

Gigoran Monk, Xael and Satipo like this.
  9. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    After ROTJ I really got the impression that Luke would be more of a loner-type.

10. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Agree. Never got what to some falls all deppends always on Luke and him having a family.

Satipo likes this.
  11. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    That was always the feeling I had too.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  12. jujukane

jujukane Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 20, 2016
    Actually, the Connection seems to be between Rey and KYLO...

ManWithoutAStar likes this.
  13. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Seems that GL, when he still intended to do an ST, intended Luke to have a famiky.

But your impression is completely fair.

jujukane

Can't Rey be connected to both characters?

starocean90 likes this.
  14. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    it doesn't all depends, not sure where you get that. It just would be nice and more interesting to the character. And this is a family Saga too.And I'm not going to cry if it doesn't happen.

15. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    It adds a couple more story options. For many, more options = more interesting.

ChildOfWinds and starocean90 like this.
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    soooo Luke who always did the right thing and is seen as the ideal Jedi and who people involved at Lucasfilm say his greatest act was one of compassion.

and he'll turn out the complete opposite of that and be just as bad as the Empire/FO?

as for the music I think the point is to leave question marks as to what will happen next.

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  17. jujukane

Aug 20, 2016
    I think the real crucial connection and with that our ST twist is the connection between Rey and Kylo, whatever it will be.
    It is really downplayed in the Marketing so far and is obviously planned to be kept secret to be more shocking in the movie imo.

I'm very curious what it will be.

18. Satipo

Mar 29, 2014
    It's crazy when posters here post their worst fear then act like it's forgone fact.

The likelihood that Luke will finish up the trilogy as a committer of reprehensible deeds is really not high.

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    not sure what your talking about. Because I think there are problems with the speculation that = to fears. That makes little sense. And I was quoted too you know.

20. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    [​IMG]

21. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    +1,000

I think the fact that they made Kylo's killing of Han a "dark mirror" of Luke's heroic actions at the end of RotJ quite telling in that regard.

And, erm, Luke = space jesus, basically. And King Arthur, etc etc.

Satipo likes this.
  22. jujukane

Aug 20, 2016
    No, I really dont think Luke has done something bad. Maybe his fault was more like doing not enough, he probably, fully in Space Jesus mode, refused to fight when he was needed, thinking it'll all be as the force wills it. And thats what he still does, unfortunately. This has to end!

23. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    hippie Luke, refused to be drafted into any war!;)

GlueParkEnigma and jujukane like this.
  24. Demsa Aztor

Demsa Aztor Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2016

The statements you made about what will happen to Luke come as negative and that his character will be treated as such. That is presumptuous.

Satipo likes this.
  25. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    Well, he'd still be her superior in the order, right? Personal relationships in that kind of power relationship setting creep me out, but I have a personal history.

What Girl and cwustudent like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.