main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Every time I see that scene with her running with the lightsaber on, I get nervous. It's like running with scissors or anything else that can impale you. I realize she's got the force and all and it's a nice visual but....

2. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    "You'll stab your eye out, kid!" - Kylo, probably.

3. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

Also, all the PT Jedi should have like a hundred cuts in their robes.

"Oh Look.... Master Obi-Wan set his robes on fire again....."

Knessa84 likes this.
  4. mlsw

mlsw Jedi Knight star 3

May 30, 2017
    That scene (from the trailer) was in fact what led me to believe the rumor was accurate.
    But... look at her dress and hairdo.
    I just think that if Kylo shows up, if they fight, she leaves the moment after.
    There's no reason for her, Luke and I'd say for the movie plot for her to stay there.
    But in the pictures showed at D23, she has her new hairdo on Ahch to.
    We also saw the picture of her and Chewie on the falcon (new hairdo and new dress, but it could be later on the movie).
    However, in the scene of her running with the saber, she still has her old hairdo...
    And if that leak is not accurate, but there are people (not the KOR) wearing black costumes, if Pablo said that there's a village on
    the island (Comic Con Chile) we may have no idea of what's going on...

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    so Kenobi is burning himself for being a witch wizard.:p

Strongbow likes this.
  6. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    My guess is that Leia surrenders to her son who takes her to the Star destroyer in orbit around Crait. I have a feeling the part in the bts reel with Adam Driver fighting multiple people takes place inside the Snoke throne room in the third act.

cwustudent likes this.
  7. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    Possible...

8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My prediction is that Leia will use words such as "the" or "and" or "you" when speaking.

9. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    Anakin said it too. He cared about the safety of the younglings... Wait

10. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    MSW has not reported on this. I don't believe you.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    It's treason then

12. SaintKenobi1322

SaintKenobi1322 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 17, 2013
    Perhaps mirroring the following scenes:

In ROTJ, Luke surrenders to Vader, thinking he wouldn't be able to take his son to the Emperor
    In TFA, Han opts not to slip out of the base, but rather reveals himself to his son. He approaches him basically unarmed, committed to trusting that his son wouldn't kill him. (Although I think he always knew better)

Perhaps Leia knowingly goes to Kylo Ren, believing he won't take her to Snoke, but then he does. Once there, Ren is confronted with the same choice Vader had with Luke/Palpatne -- and the same choice Anakin had with Mace/Palpatine. Perhaps here Ren refuses Snoke's orders, and he sicks the boys in red on him? Maybe Snoke kills or takes Leia and leaves Ren to die? And that's when Luke goes after Snoke and Rey goes after Ren?

Did we not perhaps see Rey fighting the same people we saw Ren fighting in the BTS reel? Could they fight together against Snoke's guards?

13. Charlie07

Charlie07 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2015

I'm also quite confused as to how much MSW has this time. If we remember back to earlier MSW article this year, they got their hands on a prop list.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/09/a-brief-look-at-star-wars-episode-viiis-space-bombs-sequence/

So they have insider documents again. However most of their stuff seems to be coming from early access to marketing, with some story spoilers mixed in?

dekaneas likes this.
  14. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I kind of get the feeling that their "story spoilers" this time around are sprinklings of info heavily wrapped in speculation.

15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    what confusing stuff? Still not sure how Winnie the Pooh plays into this? I know Jim Cummings aka Winnie played Hondo. But now in TLJ, Finn goes to the 100 acres wood.....pretty much confirms that Finn is the descendant of Christopher Robin. His real name is Christopher Robin XXV.:p

16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    They have a very small number of insider documents (like this prop list), not the shooting docs for the whole film as they did with TFA.

These "grizzly bombs," I think, are related to the bombs we saw in the BTS reel.

17. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    I'm bored. Where's that I was born to do one thing guy? I want to verify his "spoilers."

18. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    Interesting, Leia saying that she "lost" Ben when she sent him to Luke, not when (as one might fairly assume) he fell to the Dark Side.

Bloodline does't tell us how old Ben was at the time. But I'd bet my buttons it was at the same point (or due to the same instigating incident) that Rey's family lost her (except that she was taken from them, not sent away).

Obv I'm ReySky, but I think that mirroring would work no matter the parentage theory.

What Girl likes this.
  19. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Didn't Bloodline take place six years before TFA?

20. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000

Yeah. I mean I think Rey's parents lost Rey and Han and Leia "lost" Ben (sending him to Luke) at the same time - when Rey was 5 and Kylo was 15.

21. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    I agree that Rey and Ben losing their families at the same point on the timeline would make an interesting parallel. In that particular scenario, it'd mean Ben was about fifteen when he got sent to Luke.

Also, if Luke's temple was located on Tatooine, that's another mirroring of Rey being abandoned on Jakku - both of which being desert planets.

JoJoPenelli likes this.
  22. JoJoPenelli

Aug 14, 2000
    Yeah. The burning temple in the visions tho didnt look like Tatooine. Wonder if the temple will end up being on a whole new planet or not. I wonder - did Luke build a new tenple or "refurbish" an old one?

23. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

It looks like Tatooine to me. From what little you can see of the ground, it appears to be a dry, rugged landscape.

[​IMG]

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Luke's Jedi temple was built on the site of the Lars homestead. That poor place... the minute Ben learned that his poppop had the original burned, that unoriginal kid went looking for some accelerant and blue touch paper.

Trebor Sabreon and TheBBP like this.
  25. sheri1967

sheri1967 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 5, 2006
    I wonder if there is more to the comment that Han made about Luke feeling responsible for what happened at the Temple. I am looking forward to seeing what actually transpired in a forceback.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.