main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i was actually thinking about some other something regarding DR's muscles. but i was also thinking she was supposed to kind of be starving in TFA a lot of the time (an underweight character). i can't form an opinion about her "size." anyway! whatever works for her is fine! it's her life!

Mostly Handless likes this.
  2. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

It's an issue when people watch a slideshow of photos and only notice/point out a woman's weight gain but not the man's. Don't try to tell me it isn't.

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i just did. her face looks obviously different in different pictures. no one else's does. it sticks out which is why people notice. not because of "sexism" or because "men are horrible".

4. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...ll-win-oscar-skywalker-role-article-1.2981634

'Star Wars' director J.J. Abrams says Mark Hamill will win an Oscar for Luke Skywalker role in 'Last Jedi'

“I think we are all going to be very upset if he does not win an Oscar, and no one more upset than Mark,” he told us at the Oscar Wilde Awards in L.A., which supports the U.S. Ireland Alliance.
    [...] Sadly, if Hamill does indeed win an Oscar in 2018, his longtime castmate Carrie Fisher won’t be there to share the moment. But Abram says the witty actress, who died in December, will not be forgotten.

“She will be remembered for exactly who she was — one of the most brilliant minds: irreverent, clever, blinding-bright,” he said. “I knew her for decades. To know her and to work with her, especially as that character, was surreal and a beautiful thing.”

JJ also said about Han Solo movie: "I can tell you it is an amazing script and the cast is obviously extraordinary." http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/...he-amazing-script-for-han-solo-star-wars-sto/

5. What Girl

What Girl Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016

I don't see Mark as someone who cares about winning an Oscar but his performance and scenes must be incredible in TLJ.

dekaneas, Darphus_Mon and nightangel like this.
  6. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Yeah and he approved Han Solo cast too (and I didn't know he read the script)

7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I really hope so. ^:)^

8. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
  9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    What's the matter with her face?

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    OVER 1 MILLION VIEWS!

This thread has just passed 1M views. Congrats! =D=

11. jofos

jofos Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 25, 2015

REMOVED

J/K I think people worry to much about the wrong thing. I can't really see anything about anyone in the video that would make me say they are larger or bulked up. It may hurt Adam's feelings that I can't say that he is bulked up but I'm just being honest.

12. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Oscar Isaac is up for raffle? Cue hoards of ladies rushing to buy tickets:p

Nothing, by the looks of it.

13. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Just now I noticed that JJ said it before lol

"And while he wouldn’t name anybody in particular, the director seemed to suggest that a certain scruffy looking nerf herder, who’s now the biggest U.S. box office star in history, deserved some Academy love.

“There are certain people who I know deserve it desperately,” Abrams said when asked about awards while promoting his new Hulu time-travel miniseries 11.22.63 (first trailer here) at the Television Critics Association’s press tour in Pasadena on Saturday. “And it would be wonderful if they got it. I feel like the gift of working on that film is such that I don’t need any further validation than the movie being out there and people liking the movie. There are people who I will be disappointed if they don’t get nominated, because I think the work they did was really exemplary.”

Pressed to name somebody specific, Abrams declined. “No, because if I mention eight people, the ninth person would be like, ‘Thanks!'” he said jokingly.
    Abrams then added: “Honestly, it feels very obvious to me who deserves that kind of recognition. They might not even care.” [2015]

JJ acting like a SW fanboy (in a good way) since 2015

14. sls062286

sls062286 Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2016
    When did this become the "nitpick how actors look" thread?

15. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003
    Seriously, Harrison did knock TFA out of the park. Just watching his face every scene he's in is fascinating. He really nailed it.

16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    you're not helping.

17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Sorry for my ignorance. I did not read all the screenshots. Is this guy Jason Ward from MSW or just a fool? Why is he quoting ManaByte several time?
    I'm lost.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  18. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Yes that is Jason Ward from MakingStarWars (but he's also just a fool :p ) and that is ManaByte
    And know you know the truth

19. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok guys, enough with the off topic MSW beef.

20. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    What is this junk? Petty, personal vendetta BS doesn't belong on this thread. And to re-appropriate Wallace Sayre (who was talking about academia):

"Academic Fandom politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."

Mean, boring and useless.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  21. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Just saw that one of them read the thread, can't wait for them to cook up some revenge scheme
    [​IMG]

Buuuuuut anyway back to that The Last Jedi movie that's gonna be released in December (Pretty obscure indie-flick bet none you have heard about it :p) ) , anyone think that that we'll get any KoR in the trailer or any info about them at Celebration ?

Shadojoker likes this.
  22. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Your links to a bunch of chauvinists slandering people (including baseless slut-shaming) should be enough to earn you a well-deserved ban. That's gon b gud too.

23. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    IT'S FAT FACE. WOMAN HAVE FAT FACE ME NO LIKE. OOGAH-BOOGAH. SHE NEED MORE BETTER FACE MAKE MEN HAPPIER.

24. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah that ban would tear me apart, bc being banned on a internet forum would be so heartbreaking and gut wrenching. Oh how would I survive ? :rolleyes:

Can we please get back on topic now ?

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  25. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Have to say the new rumor thread has always been the thread that I despise the most on these boards, whether the TFA or TLJ one.
    for one it's never on topic.....:rolleyes:

Shadojoker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.