main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Even More Magniloquent New Rumor Intellectual Thread of Seriousness for Sophisticated Discourse

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    To this day I don't know what the hell Obi-Wan was even talking about when he said that nonsense.

starocean90 and Shadojoker like this.
  2. jaqen

jaqen Chosen One star 5

Jul 22, 2004

Personally I hope tha'ts all that is ever revealed about this film. Speaking only for myself, I enjoy interacting with this community in speculation about TLJ without tumbling over massive spoilers.

3. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    They have no clue, just listen to their podcasts. If they had more then they could use that to connect the dots with what's already out there and 'hint' at possible story elements. As it stands they are as much in the dark as anyone here.

Saying that, they have been terrible at interpreting the stuff they have received in the past so even if they did have a couple of good pieces of concept art they would struggle to put it into context.

Ryanpaulstewart likes this.
  4. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    again a boring friday. [face_tired]

B99 and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  5. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    Please quit stalking me.

6. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014

:confused:

7. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Today: Forceless Friday!
    [​IMG]

CrazyOldJedi and nightangel like this.
  8. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Resisting temptation.

9. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    This. Spoilers is their bread and butter - No way they would hold back!

10. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Yes, they would. And sources asking them to hold back is not at all unbelievable. No, they haven't hit the motherlode like they did for TFA. No one has and was never likely to once LFL ramped up security following the TFA leaks. But they clearly have some info.

11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Disney vs Spoilers = Game Over.

We will never see leaks again like we did with TFA or any of the prequels. It sometimes would come out late (I remember March was the big leak for ROTS) but eventually most of the story got out for the prequels. Will get some stuff between now and Opening Night but nothing that is going to truly be a game changer. Just odds and ends stuff. At this point we are building a basic outline of the movie off what locals saw on location filming and well what is most logical since it's setting up to be a similar story to TESB as in there are two tracks going on with the main story. Luke & Rey are off doing their thing while Poe, Finn, Leia etc are off on other story arc. You didn't need to read any spoilers to come up with that. You just needed to seen TFA & TESB. :D

12. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    This drought causing me to pick up bad habits in my spare time.

[​IMG]

Must resist the urge to....too late...pulling up that certain "0" YouTube's page...ok I stopped myself...whew that was a close one.

13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

I admit it. I broke yesterday and watch some of them just to hear something. I felt like Kevin Costner in Tin Cup when he is trying all that gimmick stuff to help get rid of the shanks "Some of this stuff has to work...right?" :confused:

14. nightangel

Oct 31, 2014
    you seem to have fun with it, but it is not funny. :_|

15. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Oh, they are just as much in the dark as everyone here. Got it.

So I suppose all of us here just conjured up these images of alien birds protecting an island on Ahch-to, sea monsters, Finn wearing a FO uniform (and what looks like a bacta suit), Phasma with a spear, Kylo with a Vader cape (and a new personal TIE), etc? Yes, they have far less than they did with TFA. It's nearly impossible not to, as they essentially knew the details of every scene that was shot for that movie. But why persist in this fantasy that everyone here has the same amount of information as they do? Do you really suspect that all the news they have on TLJ will turn out false?

I just don't understand what drives such persistent denial that they have reliable spoilers. If you don't like them, fine. Their podcast can indeed be pretty annoying sometimes, and I personally disagree with most of Jason's opinions regarding the films and the cartoons. But I try not to let that get in the way of acknowledging a simple fact: they have a lot more information about TLJ than we do. And that's good, as otherwise all discussions would be 100% speculation.

Satipo likes this.
  16. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Speculating in the absence of big spoilers is serious business.

17. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Haha!
    [​IMG]

Regrettably Star Wars spoilers are not a right. They should be but they are not. :(

nightangel and dekaneas like this.
  18. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014

The funny thing is that i 've just subscribed to his channel :)

nightangel and Luke02 like this.
  19. hana_solo

hana_solo Jedi Master star 4

Feb 4, 2016
    yeah, MSW "has no clue" so much so that stuff they spoiled so far got confirmed in the footage. =D= Something doesn't compute.[face_thinking]

I've no problem with their holding back spoilers. I prefer they release them when they are sure of the context rather than earlier when things can be interpreted either way. Moreover, we all knew that TFA spoilage was once in a lifetime event because of lay-offs so I'm happy with whatever they give us.

BTW, Jason's hate for Ezra is life-giving and has become my #1 reason to tune in every Tuesday when they release NTIP. [face_dancing]

20. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I share that hatred of Ezra (one of the worst characters in SW), but for me, Jason completely misfired with his criticism of Twin Suns, which I thought was some of the best Rebels yet. The episode took its time, and felt real and immersive because of it (particularly with the walking through the desert scenes) and one of Jason's main complains is about exactly that. Though not surprising, as ROTS is his favorite SW film. :)

21. Frank_TJ_Mackey

Frank_TJ_Mackey Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2000
    Jason's expertise on SW is no better than mine or yours ! He saw the same movies/episodes that you saw.

He simply has access to exclusive concept art before you do ;)

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  22. fuhry

fuhry Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    He's talking about the fact that George Lucas writes terrible dialogue.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The cast of the 1977 film publicly said as much. :p

Deerborne likes this.
  24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    :( The Force has not yet awakened today. It's sleeping in..

Darth Smurf and nightangel like this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You all only have your lack of Force sensitivity and low midichlorian count to blame for your dissatisfaction. I on the other hand...

I am one with the Force Friday and the Force Friday is with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.