main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Even Piell Centre for Canon and Continuity Catastrophes

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Welcome to the Even Piell Centre for Continuity and Canon Catastrophes!!
    This is the place for those who love canon, continuity and the EU to discuss the travesties TCW fosters [​IMG]

Some topics of discussion include:
    Ryloth
    Even Piell
    Mon Calamari having a monarchy
    Greedo's backstory
    Dengar's backstory
    Hound's Tooth backstory and how Bossk acquired it.
    Not a huge problem, but could use an explanation how Wilhuff Tarkin became a "Captain" when he had retired from the Republic military service as a Commander. It would've been better to see him as a politician alongside Palpatine than some Jedi servant.
    Jedi must have super-fast growing hair product. Or it really helps Obi-Wan.
    Seeing R6 and R7 astro units. They aren't even supposed to be seen until after the GCW
    Dac's capital is not Mon Calamari City. It's Coral City.
    Be consistent with Dac's name. I realize Dac's name was not all that consistent in the past, but saying "Mon Cala" as supposed to just "Mon Calamari" is inexcusable. No other source said that before TCW.
    I would mention this as an issue, but apparently they already fixed the issue with Mandalore's capital. Keldabe is the actual capital while that glass dome Sundari is only the New Mandalorian's ( ) capital.
    New Mandalorians...
    Mandalore is not some place for everyone to hang out. "Let's go to Mandalore!111!!" It should be barbaric, ect.
    Jango was a Mandalorian, Filoni...
    Boba was a Mandalorian, Filoni...
    No, hj hating troll, he did say neither were Mandalorians in an interview back in 2010 when he said "Fandalorian" in an Insider interview. He called them "just rogue."
    They better come up with a good reason of why Appo is a 'Sergeant' at this time.
    Ventress = Rattataki
    Maul = Zabrak
    The Mortis trainwreck and its spreading throughout canon. FIX IT before you use it... It's one huge mess still.
    Grievous. His stupid purposed backstory. Jason Fry making people choose between the shuttle crash vs his stupid purposed backstory. Just go with the shuttle crash and find something to fix how he became a badass to just being plain garbage. Originally it was Mace who did this, but thanks to TCW, not anymore....
    Anakin having a Padawan
    Anakin being knighted so early
    Anakin and Obi-Wan not meeting Magnaguards for first time in ROTS, as per novel
    Jango not being a Mandalorian?
    Jango's helmet blowing up
    Anakin and Tarkin meeting during the Clone Wars
    Anakin seemingly having the scar before Republic #71 dueling Ventress
    Ventress' and Maul's backstory
    Mandalore
    Onaconda Farr's death
    Malastare government
    Boba Fett
    Grievous and Ventress' first meeting
    Gardulla
    Darth Maul's survival
    Eeth Koth
    Lightsabers used underwater
    Adi Gallia is killed by Savage Oppress

Mauldalore

[​IMG]

2. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I am definitely a resident of this place.

3. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'm very interested in seeing what gets discussed here in the coming weeks. I don't know enough about the impact TCW has had on canon material, so I look forward to learning more about it.

GGrievous likes this.
  4. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    The core of TCW.

Robimus and Zeta1127 like this.
  5. Ordo Skirata

Ordo Skirata Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    This season should make for some interesting discussion here.

Darth-Dogfish-Head likes this.
  6. Inblackestnight

Inblackestnight Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 26, 2012
    Thank you Jack for keeping this thread alive =D=

GGrievous and Darth-Dogfish-Head like this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I dunno if I can be bothered to have a stab at all of the issues in the OP. Lucas will just make new ones :p

Inblackestnight and Zeta1127 like this.
  8. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    I am definitely up for the challenge. This is where the fun begins!;):p

9. EECHUUTA

EECHUUTA Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2007
    The impact on canon material? About the size of a friggen asteroid, to be precise. Better get your fallout shelter, the blast is gonna be a biggy.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Eh, when the show ends, the retcons and a little bit of subjective "points of view" should fix most issues. Yes, they've handled this like crap, but to say that it'll have a long lasting impact on the franchise? Not really. Obsession is probably the one single story which will get the worst fate, and even 'then', it'll probably just be moved back to an earlier point.

Still, I don't look forward to what seems like the inevitable killing of any non-Ep 3 Jedi who already died in other material... (While we ironically don't yet have a death for Eeth Koth)

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Someone give me a lowdown on the bounty hunter issues because I've missed a few episodes during the rough and godawful boring stuff :p

12. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Just read an interview with James Luceno - he won't be doing a Count Dooku novel like he did for DP because TCW has made the era too confusing now and in the future, he thinks. :mad:

Inblackestnight, Zeta1127 and Drewton like this.
  13. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I have to agree jackg1 that my "fave" piece of canon steamrolling by TCW was Dac aka MonCalamari aka Mon Cala.
    Instead of making the battle about racial issues like in the original stories, the show turned it all about a crown and nothing more.
    Instead of having a conflict about revenge, speciesism and betrayal of your own species...TCW devolved it all to a bickering for a crown which does make sense since so far the planet was ran by council. The show could have and should have used the crown bickering story for the Toydarians since in S3 poor Katuunko was murdered as part of story/ not off-screen.

[​IMG]

They could have had a story about revenge and how TIKKES betrays the entire Quarren race so he could gain a lot of wealth. They could have had a duel between Nossor Ri and Tikkes after which the former is exposed to publicly to be a CIS leader and traitor to the whole system.
    A fight like the one in Transformers Dark of the Moon had with Patrick Dempsey fighting for the Decepticons so he could benefit from the enslaving of the human race.

[​IMG]

That could have been done in TCW with Tikkes and Tikkes could have a had a Moncalamari hatred.

I just do not know what is the Canon status of Tikkes at this point after TCW S4.

Instead of making it all about a villain like Riff Tamson who was evil just cause he was evil, they could have made it into something more complex.
    Monarchies fall every day - the show made it into a too big a problem. Dynasties change and so on...

Having Anakin and Padme and Ahsoka be the focus was also another hit below the belt. Cause this made Fisto almost into a cameo and this was supposed to be the arc where he shined.

I did not like the change to Meena Tills's gender but the name does sound like a female's name.

The feel of the battle did not feel quite as right or epic as in the old series.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ALL HAIL TIKKES!!!

14. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Awesome. And he already explained the backstory of Dooku and Sifo-Dyas in Labyrinth of Evil.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Kind of odd how half the list of "catastrophes" is either stuff that's purely from a point-of-view of a character in the story (not OU word-of-god) or stuff that expands without contradicting. If that's your idea of a catastrophe, you have it better off than you realize

16. Doc_Bough

Doc_Bough Jedi Padawan

Sep 6, 2012
    It's fun to discuss, but I think we should all keep in mind that it'll be figured out when the dust settles. Maybe some of the new stuff will even fit better into your view of the GFFA. I think Star Wars is kind of like that toy gun with all the attachments: detachable long barrel, detachable long stock, laser sight, scope, foregrip, flashlight, sling. You can pick and choose which attachments you want to make the toy right for the job, but initially it comes with all the bells and whistles and contradicting elements attached.

17. Doc_Bough

Doc_Bough Jedi Padawan

Sep 6, 2012
    Although the Luceno thing makes me sad, anything done by him should get near G-Level priority at least.

18. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It really doesn't seem like POV when they kill the same character twice...

Or just outright ignore something and change it

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I said half the list, not the whole list.

20. Dave Failoni

Dave Failoni Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2012
    EDIT: The only continuity issues here are your attempted trolling.

GGrievous likes this.
  21. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Your beloved Ahsoka has no place here.

....Unless it's about why she shouldn't exist. :p

22. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Okay, Imperial propaganda.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    There are no Imperials yet. [face_thinking]

24. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    Post-ROTS-made Imperial propaganda. :p

But that's not accurate either, since Star Destroyers are referred to as Jedi cruisers for one.

Mzukiller, jackg1, Esg and 2 others like this.
  25. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Life is pointless yet it is interesting.