Clone Wars The Even Piell Centre for Canon and Continuity Catastrophes

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Asharak, Mar 5, 2012.

1. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    His PT/TCW counterpart, sadly.
  2. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Sometimes RLM really hits the nail the head when it comes to SW.
  3. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    Allow me to shoot you down. It's called releasing it straight to dvd.
  4. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    And who's going to pay for it + marketing? ;)
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    So again let me ask what EU has TCW disregarded that makes you so upset.
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah why not, it'd be pretty funny to watch this place explode from all the butthurt.
    Zeta1127 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  7. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    LOL, dude. That's been repeated in the thread.

I'll just tell you what I tell my children: you need to listen the first time.
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, Mar 10, 2013
  8. Sable_Hart Force Ghost

star 4
    See, at this point, continuity is compromised enough that I'd be totally fine with Disney sweeping all of it under the rug and starting over. How's that for terrifyingly radical?
  9. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    I can still see that happening.
    Last edited by GGrievous, Mar 10, 2013
  10. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I'd laugh sooooooo hard if Disney ended up contradicting TCW. Then maybe Filoni would go "My god! Is this how all those EU people felt!?"
    Zeta1127, K'Kruhk, JackG and 4 others like this.
  11. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    Cancelled shows get remaining episodes released to the public all the time in dvd form.
    Last edited by darkchrono, Mar 10, 2013
  12. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
  13. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Yep, karma is a *****.
    Zeta1127 and GGrievous like this.
  14. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    Since they haven't produced the ending yet, it'd still be an unfinished series. :p
  15. Sable_Hart Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd support it. A cleansing fire to purge continuity, then a new EU can be established beneath a new leader. A strong leader. One who will not let this tragedy continue.

/Palpatine
  16. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    While that sounds good in theory, if they're willing to reboot everything (or almost everything) completely then it's likely they'd do it again at some point in the future once there's enough material again.
  17. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    Alternate universes? I can see the merits to that approach. There would inevitably be drawbacks, but it may be close to being inevitable, given what is known about the Sequels.
  18. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    I'm sure Disney would leave the OT alone (I doubt they would touch the originals, unless they're brave enough) and reboot everything else. If not, then all six films will be left untouched due to the new ST coming out imo.
    Sable_Hart likes this.
  19. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    And don't you know they are still producing the show at this very moment.
  20. GGrievous Prequel Trilogy Trivia Version 2.0

Game Host
    star 5
    If Disney tells them to stop, they would still be producing the show? And with what money, might I ask? ;)
  21. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    I could see Kathleen sweeping the continuity of TCW under the rug, but if they do, I figure all continuity "levels" beneath TCW like C and S canon would equally be disregarded. The film makers would benefit in that they can make the sequel trilogy and an indefinite amount of future films without having to worry about the ball of wax of ironing out continuity. TCW readily steamrolls that of the PT and OT eras, and I figure - unless Abrams, Lucas, and Kathleen surprise me by being uncannily respectful of the EU - that future films like the sequel trilogy will do an equal amount of steamrolling, if not more so, to the post-ROTJ EU.
  22. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    Unless it was cancelled a couple of minutes ago and now they've stopped. ;)
  23. Sable_Hart Force Ghost

star 4
    They should, for all their manifold strengths & weaknesses, leave the extant films alone for the immediate future. But I'm willing to send the EU and even TCW to the crematorium myself if we would get a better product. I've made my stance on it clear: I'm pretty much disinterested in any other era beyond the films because the trite, repetitive stories. The transformation of the Republic into an Empire is infinitely more interesting than a legion of darkrobes banging their red sticks against the blue and green sticks of brownrobe armies for the millionth time. Hopefully this is not the end of exploration into this era.

Alternate universe, Infinities universe, I don't care. There are some great stories to be found in the EU, but most of it is crap anyway. This franchise, from top to bottom, embodies the Anakin Skywalker tragedy: great potential, flawed execution. Let's start over with a cohesive vision and competent writers.
  24. darkchrono Force Ghost

star 4
    From all the interviews up to the end of the season the show is still being produced.
  25. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    I've not read Star Wars #1 or #2. Is that new series respecting canon? I just remember IGN doing a preview for it and making claims about how it was going to be accessible to people that had just been fans of the films and not be bogged down by continuity, and then there being some people that hated the notion of Leia being an X-Wing pilot, which to my knowledge is a new concept, isn't it?

I just got the feeling that they were implying that the new series was pretty much a test bed for a reboot (EDIT: Or the SW EU equivalent of Marvel's "Ultimate" continuity). Though since I've not read it, I don't know if there are nods to any other continuity outside of the films, or if it's still too soon to tell.
    Last edited by TaradosGon, Mar 10, 2013