main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Even Piell Centre for Canon and Continuity Catastrophes

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Arrian, Sep 2, 2012.

1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Lucas's crappy Grievous backstory is still not fully apart of canon and did not completely retconned his original Abel backstory. Jason Fry's opinion of it (written in Warfare) suggests that while no one knows for sure, Grievous either wanted to be a Jedi and replaced his limbs or was a Kaleesh Warlord that was crippled in a shuttle crash. It's stupid imo, but I guess it's a way to say "it's a win-win for everyone," meaning Lucas and the fans.

Now we might have a TFN vs TCW issue on our hands. If I had to go with either one, it's TFU's. Now, if TCW shows Ahsoka being apart of the Rebellion's origins, then why the hell am I even posting here as a Star Wars fan. I bet Filoni likes the Ahsoka involvement. [face_plain]

Lucas, you are one confused old man. Go away.

Definitely there were Rebellion/resistance movements, and one could argue that the CIS is a resistance movement from the Republic. But I guess for Lucas, the Rebel Alliance is the only legitimate resistance movement...

Zeta1127 and Esg like this.
  2. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I could see him pulling a Traviss. Filoni and/or Lucas is scaring away authors. :(

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Dave Filoni explains in the Lair of Grievous featurette extra on the TCW S1 set that the presentation of Grievous' back-story is purposefully ambiguous so people can keep it consistent with EU if they want to. He specifically said it was for the purpose of accommodating EU.

4. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    I can think of an even better way they could have accommodated the EU.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
  6. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not going to short sell it: Filoni's handling of Grievous' backstory on the show was well-done. Yes, it would have been better if they simply respected the existing—and in my opinion, far better—backstory of Grievous, I'm not for a moment suggesting otherwise. However, the ambiguous was it was presented in the episode itself was magnificent. The statues of Grievous looked genuinely Kaleesh, and while it appeared that his conversion to cybernetics was a gradual process drawn out over time, it could very well have just been symbolic, or even a choice by the artist commissioned to make the sculptures, juxtaposing Grievious as is with Grievous as he was. When Grievous declares that he chose his cyborg form, that remains true to the original story. He made a choice to accept the augmentation rather than die. Unfortunately, though, it seems as if Lucas decided Filoni's handling of the situation was too soft. His will wasn't being expressed apparently enough. He made a stand on Grievous, and because of that, every subsequent situation has been handled with all the subtlety of a two-ton hammer, between one definitive statement on the state of Mandalore after the other, and a lava funeral for Even Piell so that he doesn't make a K'Kruhk-esque return to meet with his Coruscant Nights death.

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Maul was 100% dead once - maybe Even Piell's "death" will turn out to be the same. ;)

8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Oh, the irony. [face_laugh]

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    So yeah... the thing about Ahsoka somehow being involved in the creation of the Rebel Alliance is just a bad joke... right? :eek:

10. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    Not when the EU's being told "He's dead, we dropped him in lava, you can't resurrect him." Leeland Chee's basically shrugged and said that's that, we'll figure out who to replace Piell with in Coruscant Nights canon later.

11. Esg

Esg Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I have no idea anymore

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Unless she single-handedly starts the entire Rebel Alliance herself, I don't see how her involvement in its roots would be that big of a deal.

Spazmatron likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Rhett + Tano = Rebel Alliance?
    I can deal with GG's jacked up backstory, or Piell's second death and even Maul's return... but THAT?​
    That, I cannot stomach... At all.​

eht13 likes this.
  14. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    Maul's return is IMO far worse than having Ahsoka part of the rebels.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    My prediction:

1.) Something happens with Bail Organa and the roots of the Rebel Alliance.

2.) Ahsoka says something to the effect of, "good luck with that" to him.

3.) Those predisposed to disliking the show and the character interpret it as Ahsoka starting the Rebel Alliance, LACWAC explodes with (p)outrage.

[face_clown]

Eternal_Hero likes this.
  16. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    the death scene of filoni ( megatron ) and George Lucas (Sentinel ) :p
    Lucas : all i ever wanted was to sell some merchandise you must see why i had to betray you

17. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    That is far too good of a scene to use for Lucas bashing, warranted or otherwise. Optimus Prime is above all that. Just saying.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If that's all it is, that wouldn't be a big deal. And I forget, has Mon Mothma been on TCW? And if so, was Ahsoka in those scenes at all?

19. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Mon Mothma has been in TCW... notably in Padme episodes. I can't recall if Ahsoka has met her though.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Yes, Mon Mothma has been in TCW. I believe she's appeared in episodes with Ahsoka but am not remembering specifics at the moment.

21. Spazmatron

Spazmatron Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 19, 2012
    WAIT... Mon Mothma... she was in EP 3 and TCW...

And she is also that lady in ROTJ??? and star wars empire at war too... as a hero...

i feel so stupid i just figured that out.

[face_plain]

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Yeah, she's one of my favourite Rebels, to be honest. A lot of other people don't like her, however. I was sad when she was poisoned. :(

Zeta1127 likes this.
  23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Mon Mothma is an interesting character to say the least.

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    So criminally underexplored, I say. If Luceno ever writes a lead-in political novel to ANH she better star.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  25. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Ahsoka mindtricks Mon Mothma into starting the Rebel Alliance with Starkiller, instead of Lux.

eht13 and Spazmatron like this.