main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Event

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Matt, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    The new Lost / Flashforward / Heroes supposedly. I think it's 5 or 6 episodes in over in the US but it only started showing in the UK last Friday, what do you guys think of it so far?

2. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Wow. Just Wow.

What is the coincidence of two exact threads starting within a minute of each other?!

Now that is synchronicity!

3. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    That's crazy! Absolutely nuts, we deserve an award :p

Which one shall we ditch, yours seemed wordier & better.

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I like the show far although I didnt see the opener I have seen all the others. I will continue to watch for the present.

5. icqfreak

icqfreak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 1999
    It's a decent show so far, it doesn't have many similarities to Lost, other than the flashback thing they do a lot, even though they try to sell the show as the new Lost (mixed with 24). I think BSG and Lost are much better shows, it's maybe on par with the clone wars for the enjoyment I get from it, and a bit better than Caprica (which just got the axe).

Does anyone know if it is getting good ratings to get another season, or will it end this season?

6. Kol_Skywalker

Kol_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 9, 2006
    Hi everyone,

Anyone watching the new TV show "The Event"?

If so, what are your thoughts so far after 6 episodes? Pretty intriguing so far, but I am yet to work out what The Event actually is. Sure, there have been a few things happen that are Eventish, but not something that the show would center around yet?

What is The Event?

The Presidents intended announcement to the world about the existence of the human looking aliens?

The Airplane being transported out of the sky?

Also, I am not sure where the story is headed, ie: there seems to be two major plotlines at the moment - the President / Sophia plot, and the dude and his girlfriend being kidnapped plot.

The only thing (so far) linking the two is the father of the Sarah Roemer's character (he was flying the plane, that was due to hit the President's compound, before it was 'transported' out of the sky).

7. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Why isnt this coming on tonight? All other Monday night shows are new and showing....

8. Revan_Kenobi

Revan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Nov 16, 2010
    I havent seen them yet, on my to do list!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.