main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "Everything" Topic - Filmmaking Tutorials, Resources, Etc.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by DVeditor, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Unrelated to a fan film but I figured this might be a good place to ask a quick question- in FCP (I'm using 4.5, if that matters), how can I rotate a video clip that has a widescreen matte filter on it, without rotating the matte along with it (as would happen if I adjusted the rotation settings under the clip's motion tab)?

2. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    I think you've got to crop it. Try that out.

3. CountDoosheee

CountDoosheee Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    Anyone got a copy of the Star Destroyer klaxon sound? Y'know, "Take evasive action - PROOP, PROOP*"

*Best onomatopoeia ever.

4. CountDoosheee

Dec 15, 2002
    It's used in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB1qv6C9Zbo

But the guy won't say where he got it. I'm a bit annoyed

5. CountDoosheee

Dec 15, 2002
    Never fear!

http://www.mediafire.com/?eztkynztluj

6. SilentBat

SilentBat Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 28, 2006
    Is it possible to get 30fps to look like 24fps if you just slow it down so it matches close to 24fps or will it look weird?

7. drewjmore

drewjmore Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 15, 2007
    I'd expect it to look wierd, but why don't you just try it and see?
    Using AE, drop 30fps footage into a 24fps comp, and Time Stretch 80%.

AE will re-sample your 30 to 24 as best it can if you activate frame-blending and set your footage layer's FBing to high-quality, no need to mess with the speed. Kindof a render hog, but it works pretty well.

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This thread was stickied here almost twelve years ago, and was an amazing source of information back then. However, since most links in here are long dead (I know, because I just spent over an hour going through them) and it's been locked for years, it really doesn't serve much of a purpose anymore. Hence I've decided to un-sticky it and keep it locked.

But don't worry, I will be compiling a new "Everything" topic, which will contain up-to-date resources and links. I can't say exactly when it will be up, but it should be within a few weeks. It will also be continually updated, and open for discussion.
    If any of you want to suggest links to tutorials or resources, feel free to PM me about it!

And with that, we say good bye to one of the most useful threads this forum has ever seen.

DVeditor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.